Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They have teamed up in times of dire need.

But also always fall back into war afterward.

That's why x-faction grouping cannot be a feature. Because the next expansion it has to be yoinked away because of the storyline.
    Not really. They could let guilds become cross-faction on the same realm and leave PvE to be cross-faction content.

But if people want to PvP they still can go to the battlegrounds and arenas to fight...

I think we've seen a lot of heroes in the warcraft universe so far who rather were neutral and had their "cross faction" groups to fight things on Azeroth with.

Quote Originally Posted by Volbian View Post
    Cross Realm Factions, No. Cross Realm Guilds, YES plz!!! This would be quit doable, just like in Guild Wars 2.
    Instead of Server Firsts, change it to Guild Firsts. The sorry excuse for not having the tech is ridiculous, Blizz makes millions month to month. I'm sure they already have advanced tech to make this happen. Its a matter when to start implementing it. They're already almost there, If you can make Cross Realm raiding(old content), don't see how they cant do Cross Realm Raiding on current content and/or Cross Realm guilds.
    Yeah, one of the few subscription based MMOs out there can't implement the features that Free2Play MMOs have, it's ridiculous.

BUT WAIT, MORE BATTLE PET CHANGES NEXT PATCH WOO HOO!

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    No one forgot that jackass we're not suffering from memory loss. They only banded together thanks to Medivh's help and it didn't bury any old hatreds, they were still very fresh because the Alliance had stuck all the Horde in prison camps after the Second War. You don't just forget that overnight.
    Firstly, language. No need to be rude.

Secondly: There is nothing saying it cannot happen again. It would actually make the battle feel more EPIC to have both sides fighting against the common foe. In fact, in lore they do. Do you think these raids go down as "X" faction killed "X" threat? NO they list it as a combination of the two plus the big hero (example: Tirion).

That's probably the best example. Tirion killed the Lich King with help from the Horde and Alliance when they assaulted the Citadel. Just because in-game we only run with our own faction, doesnt mean the opposing faction wasn't actually involved in the storyline.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Not really. They could let guilds become cross-faction on the same realm and leave PvE to be cross-faction content.

But if people want to PvP they still can go to the battlegrounds and arenas to fight...

I think we've seen a lot of heroes in the warcraft universe so far who rather were neutral and had their "cross faction" groups to fight things on Azeroth with.
    Eh. I don't think it'll happen because "yeah! let's go fake fight in WSG!" doesn't really fit the lore at all.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    No, please no. This is just a bad idea. It's called WARcraft for a reason.
    Yes, and that reason isn't because horde and ally fight eachother over petty differences... but because it's always Horde+Ally vs common enemy...

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Eh. I don't think it'll happen because "yeah! let's go fake fight in WSG!" doesn't really fit the lore at all.
    yes, that "fake fighting" would be called training and it fits the lore perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Yeah, one of the few subscription based MMOs out there can't implement the features that Free2Play MMOs have, it's ridiculous.
    This is just retarded. WoW was built so long before these F2P garbage MMOs with these "features". WoWs infrastructure doesn't support very many things going from server to server because that's the tech that was available in 2004.

Updating an old infrastructure is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult and time consuming (and not to mention sometimes completely impossible without a complete replacement) than building a new one from scratch. You have no idea what you're talking about yet you bash it anyway. Such a joke.

It only won't happen because of whiners and their need for the "war" in warcraft, even though we haven't had "war" at all since WC3 (and I mean all out war, not just here and there skirmishes).

I would LOVE to pair my Orc Monk with my husband's Worgen Hunter. But yeah, people are the reason we don't have nice things. :P

Again, from a gameplay/value point of view, this has ZERO reason to exist.

It would be unused by a huge % of the community, and it would even have negative effects like guilds demanding that you are Troll for OP racials.
    Playing in pugs could result in your healer not wanting to heal "that race" because he hates it, or a DPS intentionally overpulling so his "hated faction" party dies while he just leaves.
    Or even people kicking other people from parties because they are "that 1 horde surrounded by 4 alli" or if they just hate a certain race or race/class combo.
    It would not even solve the issues of low population realms, because the demand for tanks/healers would be even greater when you have a large pool of DPS from both factions.

I just don't see any value in a cross faction system.
    Mostly wasted development/effort making an underused feature that would cause A LOT of issues, while contributing very little.

I would much rather have a system that allows me to run ANY Instance/Raid in WoW on max level and with (random) gear of decent quality.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-05-20 at 10:51 PM.

Would be a good addition to WoW, to increase dungeon ques, and leveling - but i definitely won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    I would only want cross-faction dungeons if I could kill Alliance once we zoned in.
    "battlegrounds"

I was gonna point out, they couldn't because of the faction quests in some dungeons, but then i remember Rifts way.
    Basically you have a party lets say 3 horde 2 alliance. When they zone in the instance is classed as "Horde" since they have the most players, but the alliance can take the quest and complete it, and the same applies if 3 alliance 2 Horde.

I don't pretend to be a programmer, but would it be particularly difficult to just remove whatever initial restriction there was that separated Horde/Alliance groups in dungeon queues?
    Naah. Lots of private servers do it because there are only a handful of people on them. I tried it once, believe me when I say it feels very weird to have a Bloodelf (longer than 5 minutes^^) in your alliance group.

Me not want in real WoW.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

You can arena and rbg against your own faction... who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by deathlich View Post
    You can arena and rbg against your own faction... who cares?
    they dont mix up the factions on your own team is the thing

Will Horde Healers heal a Gnome tank or punt them?

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    I would only want cross-faction dungeons if I could kill Alliance once we zoned in.
    so you could spend the entire raid pvping? isnt that what bgs are for? dont really see the point of letting raiders from opposite factions pvp each other inside the raid instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Again, from a gameplay/value point of view, this has ZERO reason to exist.

It would be unused by a huge % of the community, and it would even have negative effects like guilds demanding that you are Troll for OP racials.
    Playing in pugs could result in your healer not wanting to heal "that race" because he hates it, or a DPS intentionally overpulling so his "hated faction" party dies while he just leaves.
    Or even people kicking other people from parties because they are "that 1 horde surrounded by 4 alli" or if they just hate a certain race or race/class combo.
    It would not even solve the issues of low population realms, because the demand for tanks/healers would be even greater when you have a large pool of DPS from both factions.

I just don't see any value in a cross faction system.
    Mostly wasted development/effort making an underused feature that would cause A LOT of issues, while contributing very little.

I would much rather have a system that allows me to run ANY Instance/Raid in WoW on max level and with (random) gear of decent quality.
    People are douchebags to the opposite team. LoL has a huge problem with it, so bad they killed cross team chat to curb the issue.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so you could spend the entire raid pvping? isnt that what bgs are for? dont really see the point of letting raiders from opposite factions pvp each other inside the raid instance.
    You're overthinking it. See my post above.

Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.

In certain selected events maybe, but not something as common as dungeons.

It would do nothing to help dungeon queues, since those are due to role representation.

Tanks and Healers need bribed with extra goodies to queue up, which is a very obvious sign that something is horribly wrong.
    Enjoyment is not enough any more, because of the awful treatment they get from the community.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-21 at 01:00 AM.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    considering they wont even allow the factions to communicate with each other, i doubt this.
    There is in fact a way to break the algorithm set in place when one is speaking in 'say' by adding single spaces between the letters within a word, and three spaces between each word in your sentence.

I t w o u l d l o o k s o m e t h i n g l i k e t h i s . (I can't tell if the browser is auto correcting the spacing once it posts )

I know this works as I've had my sister log on to another toon of the opposite faction and tested it. It is obviously, time consuming, so I only use it in pre-made macros that say demoralizing things to lvl 90s who like to beat up my lvl 80s. Most are usually so surprised they understand what I'm saying that they either quit it immediately, while others actually stand around to see if I do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Elynis View Post
    There is in fact a way to break the algorithm set in place when one is speaking in 'say' by adding single spaces between the letters within a word, and three spaces between each word in your sentence.

I t w o u l d l o o k s o m e t h i n g l i k e t h i s . (I can't tell if the browser is auto correcting the spacing once it posts )

I know this works as I've had my sister log on to another toon of the opposite faction and tested it. It is obviously, time consuming, so I only use it in pre-made macros that say demoralizing things to lvl 90s who like to beat up my lvl 80s. Most are usually so surprised they understand what I'm saying that they either quit it immediately, while others actually stand around to see if I do it again!
    Works with certain macros. But generally it's.... well it's not the most polite chat.