Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Only 2 guilds have killed heroic Lei Shen on Taiwanese servers

On 25 man. I'm playing on one of the biggest Taiwanese servers and it's kinda sad to see the decline in the number of quality players in each expansion. Regardless of my server's population, no guild has killed heroic lei shen on 25m and only one guild managed to kill it on 10 man recently. You could have 2 40 man raid groups on the nerfed Oondasta and still wipe. You could be in gold raids and get stuck on the first few bosses, with or without carrying people. You could be in a guild raid and it takes more than 2 months to kill normal Lei Shen. The reason, IMO, is because Taiwanese server players have much less access to in depth information than say US or EU players because most of them do not know English. Secondly, their communication is much less efficient because players from different areas of Asia actually speak different languages. Finally, their discussion forums are pretty much dead compared to US and EU.

Deleted
    and you're angry at blizzard cause the tiawanese players dont got these resources of which blizzard has nothing to do with cause they're all fan made?

Not sure what you hope to achieve by making this post.
    You state a problem and give the reasons behind it.
    Are you asking for an English --> Chinese translator ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    and you're angry at blizzard cause the tiawanese players dont got these resources of which blizzard has nothing to do with cause they're all fan made?
    Accually, the resources are there, they just seem to not use them...

you know only ten us guilds have killed it right? 25 man anyways

looking at the numbers. lei shen looks easyer on ten man than 25, twice as many guilds have killed it on ten man than 25
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2013-05-20 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post

looking at the numbers. lei shen looks easyer on ten man than 25, twice as many guilds have killed it on ten man than 25
    Looking at the numbers, more than 90% of raiding guilds are 10 man.

Deleted

Consider how many more 10 mans then there are 25s and it makes sense. Success rate is higher in 25s than in 10s.

Deleted

I think that's more because there are simply far more 10 man guilds than 25. If you look at wowprogress, you'll see that 6k+ guilds have killed Lei Shen normal on 10 man, and 836 have killed him on 25 man normal.

The point of this thread is to let people know why wow is harder on the other side of the world

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    The point of this thread is to let people know why wow is harder on the other side of the world
    Except that it isn't true.

Everything mentioned in the OP can be experienced on the EU realms.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    Why do you have to pull stuff out of thin air? He never once said anything about Blizzard

OT, I can see what you mean, the amount of information in English available is very high, and Yeh, people across the EU/America can write a guide and almost everyone can read it, and across asian servers this isn't the case, You need to just get everyone to learn English lol, or get someone who can speak every asian language to translate it But it's understandable how it oculd affect progression

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Except that it isn't true.

Everything mentioned in the OP can be experienced on the EU realms.
    No, Did you even read his post? I guess not, there is a HUGE wealth of information on EU realms, and he is talking about the lack of it on Asian servers because of how there are many separate languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    No, Did you even read his post? I guess not, there is a HUGE wealth of information on EU realms, and he is talking about the lack of it on Asian servers because of how there are many separate languages.
    Well I guess there is not one person who can translate the info to be understood by those uneducated people. Also the fact that information is available doesn't mean people who it would be aimed to seek it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Why do you have to pull stuff out of thin air? He never once said anything about Blizzard

OT, I can see what you mean, the amount of information in English available is very high, and Yeh, people across the EU/America can write a guide and almost everyone can read it, and across asian servers this isn't the case, You need to just get everyone to learn English lol, or get someone who can speak every asian language to translate it But it's understandable how it oculd affect progression
    You're saying that it sounds unreasonable to have just 1 of your 25 players be able to understand english?

There are a few threads which give a bit of information about hc Lei Shen, but the rest you'll have to find out from trying it and watching videos. Videos where you do not even have to understand what they are saying, in order to gain the information you want!

Deleted
    It could also be a problem with difficulty curve.

Difficulty level of everything in game right now is 0 (leveling, leveling/normal dungeons, "heroic" dungeons, LFR), then there are heroic raids at max difficulty. There is no learning curve any more, so new players don't get a chance to learn how to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume it's still the same game though? It might feel harder, since you can't understand the resources that are out there, but the game itself shouldn't be harder.
    Not everyone in Europe are that fluent in English either. There are some communities that translate the available resources to their native language for those people. That's probably the best way to try and solve it if learning English is not an option. It just seems there aren't enough people willing and able to make such a thing happen.

I do see your side of the struggle and it might seem unfair, but it's not really anyone's fault. Maybe my way of thinking is flawed, but that's the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    So because people on the other side of the planet are not as good at the game, means it is harder, and Blizzard should develop the game for the worst possible players? It is a Heroic Boss. Deal with it.

Given that only that 81 guilds have killed anything in 25HC on Taiwanese realms, I'd say that's quite a good number. Well, actually, only 158 25man guilds have killed anything in ToT.

It's not a language barrier. It's a problem with the tiny playerbase.

This tier isn't different from any other. There were always 1 or 2 TW guilds that were at the top with Blood Legion, Vodka, Method, Ensidia, etc. Lei Shen is just a hard boss, while somewhat about strategy, it is more about execution and for now only the top guilds will be able to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    So because people on the other side of the planet are not as good at the game, means it is harder, and Blizzard should develop the game for the worst possible players? It is a Heroic Boss. Deal with it.
    He never said Blizzard should do anything. He's just saying. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Given that only that 81 guilds have killed anything in 25HC on Taiwanese realms, I'd say that's quite a good number. Well, actually, only 158 25man guilds have killed anything in ToT.

It's not a language barrier. It's a problem with the tiny playerbase.
    This is a good point to take into account.

If only a handful of guilds have even done any content, then a smaller handful would clear it.