[Ret] 5.3 In a couple days! What comps you running?
Do you guys feel like there will be any differences in comps coming in to 5.3?
Any classes with some sick synergy with ret getting a buff?
Similar to how Ret/Dk/Priest came out of no where.. Sure it was decent in 4.2.. But in 4.3 it went nuts.
Personally I'll be sticking with Ret/Hunter/Priest.
The one I want to do the most and I did for a while ie really RHP, but since my hunter has been out for a while I've been on the good old Ret DK Priest and it has been fairly decent. Big one to get them on the switch really - make them pop everyhing upfront, than CC, turn and kill.
Now I'm still thinking about going RHP, maybe RDKP for a while, but I got a GREAT Mage on the side to think about. Did some and with Mage it works great as much as with Hunter since it has a lot of CC and burst too - plus can dispel curse, that helps a lot.
And on top of that, my Priest have an Monk Mist alt that ROCKS SO BAD for the huge defensives and INSANE MOBILITY (Monk is way OP right now) that if I get smoked he rolls in, if someone burst there is disarm than RoP, can do Leg Sweep to help on the ofensive... and it goes on.
Nice video by the way, I do videos like these (but not as classy ;P) here but since I'm speaking portuguese on the videos there is just no point linking (or if there is, say so ;P).
My answer to the post is not so clear:
Ret Hunter Priest
Ret DK Priest
Ret Mage Priest
Ret (any of 3 above) Monk
I think out of the comps you listed, Ret/Hunter/Priest is the strongest.
I played a lot of Ret/WW/Priest at the start of the season and it was great fun.
Seemed quite good also. Will be trying it again in 5.3 when
my mate comes back over to my server.
If you don't mind talking specifics let me write my thinking and criticise some about this.
About healers for Ret: Priest and Monk, then Shaman are the best, I think.
- Priest for the nice dispels/peels and absorv works great with our offheals.
- Monk can do great with every team, huge mobility, peels/CC/utility with RoP/Paralise/Disarm and so on.
- Shaman is just a great healer with totems holding really well, mobility, good for every job.
- Baseline is the old DK, making a huge melee cleave with huge burst, great swich to healer + necrotic/grip. But the lack of reliable peels/CC hurts our balls really bad.
- Hunter are the new big bros for Rets. Good burst, lots of CC, decent mobility, snare, survivability and being ranged helps a lot. Stun/scatter/trap/silence to hold of a healer during our burst = so much win.
- Mages/Locks can do great also since have spamable CC for peels and good burst too. I wonder what is the big reason why they're not as good as hunters in your opinion.
The way I see it, our gameplay works as forcing defensive CDs, holding our team alive with off heals/dispels/bop than rely on our team mate for some CCs to hold the time we need to burst down someone.
The biggest qq I have is that our team defense tools CDs are too long. I know people could go crazy to hear a 2 min CD BoP, but BoP is dispelable, only mitigates physical damage and the target can't physical DPS - so there is a lot of downsides. On the other hand, if a enemy pop a burst CD, a Mage/Lock can simply CC the attacker, holding off 100% of the damage during it's time - this have no CD and therefore is much more reliable than BoP.
I often see myself with no Hand of Sac and no Hand of Prot due to CD. This is not a problem for people who have spamable CCs for peels and for Spriest for instance with Mass Dispel.
The way I see it, it's important to take the DPS with these things in mind.