Deleted

Understanding World of Logs?

Hello,

I've only been to World of Logs a couple of times when a guild has uploaded a log. I'm applying for a new guild and they ask for a WoL. I'm not too familiar with the site. Are you able to create your own logs? All I can see is 'create guild'. Is it possible to log my own encounters? If so, how do I go about this?

Thank you.

Yes, you can create a guild and name it anything, even if it isn't a legit guild name. For example I just use my own character's name simply because I've been using the account over the course of a number of guilds and prefer to have the logs under my control if I need them in the future.
    All you have to do is type /combatlog in game before the start of your logging session, after the raid is done type /combatlog again to stop the session, download the client (or download once and save it to your desktop), click "Open the WoW Log" and then upload. Make sure you delete wowcombatlog.txt after every session as the file gets pretty big and there is a limit on the amount of data you can upload at once.

I just do Live Report and allow my file to grow too large to the point it gives me warning and I delete the file like 2 raids later.

I also use LoggerHead to autolog instances I regularly combatlog in.