What build for fresh wiz?

Hi.
    Soon my wizard will be lvl 60 (55 atm). Im using now leveling crap (leoric/helfire rings and cain set) and I dont have really alot of money. So I wonder now what build would be the best for realy bad geared wizard who just wannt start Inferno?

Deleted
    Well, I've only got around 110K DPS, and I'm using a full arcane spec. I'm using my WD's regen/resistance gear on my wizard, so it has around 50K health, some 1800 regen and a similar amount of life per hit.

Seeker, Celestial Orb, Arcane Hydra, Fractureport, both +damage buffs (the swirly ball and magic weapon), slow, glass cannon and stacking buff from passives. Running MP3 with ease, and I love the simplicity of a good old arcane spec.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QjS!YUT!ccaYaZ

Using the enchantress with around 11K DPS on her, with this spec:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/follower#!!1110
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2013-05-20 at 10:20 AM.

CM Wizard or Archon, whatever you preffer. Don't bother other specces, unless you can deal with not being optimal, and just looking for some fun etc.

Helm Storm crow 3% crit

Crafted amulet, or bought that has some 8-10% crit, 50-100 crit dmg. Rings with 9% IAS aswell etc. Zuni ring with IAS is nice, get the boots aswell.

Buy cheap witching hour (try get one with 9% ias)

Lacuni bracers are nice. Get em with 3-4% crit, and whatever other stats that suits you.

And chantodo's set items. 1k DPS open socket is nice (renember get one with atleast 0.23-25), but less DPS and you save alot. Average damage on the off-hand atleast 250 imo.

Thats really about it, get alot off IAS to get to 2.52 attack speed fast, and aim 2.73 attack speed inn the end. Else juggle vitality (aim 35k hp at first), the 700-1000 life on hit, and all res you need.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-05-20 at 01:34 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

CM wizard requires some amount of crit before it's really effective so it might not be the best for levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    CM wizard requires some amount of crit before it's really effective so it might not be the best for levelling.

Its not for leveling.

Well, the last of the way. It'll still require rather specific gear. You say you don't have a lot of money and the nice gear for the CMWW build goes up in price very fast when you get away from the rock-bottom stat rolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Its not for leveling.
    Well, if you've got tens of millions to spend, then you can surely buy a decent gearset for any spec. If you're broke and are looking to grind MP3-5, then it doesn't really matter what you wear as long as you're up to like 100K DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, if you've got tens of millions to spend, then you can surely buy a decent gearset for any spec. If you're broke and are looking to grind MP3-5, then it doesn't really matter what you wear as long as you're up to like 100K DPS.
    100k DPS? Im running atm with 46k And about tons of gold, yeah, 900k gold atm (spend alot on my main monk, was replacing gems and crafting amulets). Im using now arcane spec from second post. Im lacking ls/loh but working good so far at mp2. Got also source with 6% crit chance for arcane orb.

100k DPS? Im running atm with 46k And about tons of gold, yeah, 900k gold atm (spend alot on my main monk, was replacing gems and crafting amulets). Im using now arcane spec from second post. Im lacking ls/loh but working good so far at mp2. Got also source with 6% crit chance for arcane orb.
    All I can say is, save up 3 million gold, by vendoring weapons, and salvage other drops, and sell thoes mats. And inn the mean time hope for a drop. When you got 3 million gold start AH playing. A good place with low budget is lowbie gear, for like level 1-15. You will be suprised how 16 STR and 10 VIT legs sell. Not gonna give it all away, up to you, and other readers, but its worth it for sure.

...no you dont get rich by it, but its great bread and butter until you can move on to exspensivere things >.>

Deleted
    I have 115K DPS now that I replaced a couple items. That's with the three buffs (wispy thing, magic weapon, enchantress) though. Every single item of mine has cost only a few hundred thousand at most.

1238.8 DPS Echo, no socket.
    107-299 Oculus, 274 INT, 7% orb crit, no socket.
    183 INT Fire walkers.
    185 INT Depth Diggers, no sockets.
    158 INT Strongarm Bracers.
    99 INT Witching Hour, 8% IAS.
    254 INT Stormcrow, no socket.
    282 INT Tal Rasha's Allegiance, 6% arcane.
    78 INT chest with two sockets.
    222 INT shoulders.
    184 INT gloves.
    146 INT ring.
    107 INT ring.

Crit damage increased by 180%, crit chance pretty low, +20 arcane on a crit. 50K health, decent regen and loh. Some resistances.

In other words, my gear is pretty shitty, but I can steamroll MP3 on it, and since I'm not "rush player" anyway, as in I don't go around killing a bunch of monsters and leaving a ton of gear on the ground, it works for me. If I'd want to rush and kill I'd use a barbarian I guess.

My enchantress does have >10K DPS and does supplement my damage nicely though.

So yeah, 1-1.5 mill can get you a shit gear set like mine, and it'll be more than good for ~MP3. That should work for you as a starter set. Then get drops, cash and buy some awesome shit to faceroll MP10.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2013-05-22 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    All I can say is, save up 3 million gold, by vendoring weapons, and salvage other drops, and sell thoes mats. And inn the mean time hope for a drop. When you got 3 million gold start AH playing. A good place with low budget is lowbie gear, for like level 1-15. You will be suprised how 16 STR and 10 VIT legs sell. Not gonna give it all away, up to you, and other readers, but its worth it for sure.

...no you dont get rich by it, but its great bread and butter until you can move on to exspensivere things >.>
    I was struggling with selling few decent legendaries. For example set helm for wiz with crit/all res/socket, very high Int. Was putting even for 100k, noone bid. I found ring in my stash from leveling for lvl23 with high str, dex, dmg bonus and socket. Current bid 600k and still going up o.O

I was struggling with selling few decent legendaries. For example set helm for wiz with crit/all res/socket, very high Int. Was putting even for 100k, noone bid. I found ring in my stash from leveling for lvl23 with high str, dex, dmg bonus and socket. Current bid 600k and still going up o.O
    Sure, that can happen. My best flip on 1-15 was a amulet that I bought for some 50k and it sold almost 900k, and currently as I'm selling exspensive gear's that sells for many millions, I can't get ride off my lowbie gear, so they just pile up on my mules (I use 2 mules just for lowbie gear hehe).

It seems every time I check for 1-15 I make 500k profit or close. And that takes 2 minutes. Besides its fun with these low, fast and safe flips, not so much stress. Trough there is competion, a amulet yesterday just posted was bought right infront of me, so that sucked ^^

edit: But this should really only be used as a gold income if you a) enjoy it b) need start capital. Once you can move on to flips that earns you 5, 10 or 20 million gold, reaching 100, 250 million or more is fast done. He'll you might also just luck out and get few great flips. I bought a ring I was just gonna use until I got a better one (Had lost 2 bids before at 40-50 million gold so was pissed), witch I did few days later for just 25 million, and I then sold the old temporary one for some 80 million.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-05-27 at 09:29 AM.