Deleted

5.3 Prot Paladin 40% Healing from PvP Power - viable again?

Hey guys, as the toppic goes I just went over the 5.3 Patch notes and saw that
    Tank Specs will gain a 40% conversion to Healing from PvP Power.

"PvP Power bonus to healing is now based on class and specialization.

Healing specializations receive a 100% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
    Damage specializations for Druids, Monks, Paladins, Priests, and Shamans receive a 70% bonus to healing from PvP Power.
    All other specializations and classes (including tanking) receive a 40% bonus to healing from PvP Power."

Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/789...s-textlink#pvp

You think this will kinda close the gap a little for prot pally as fc in (rated) BGs compared to warrior / dk?
    We suck at mobility and this way our real strength may be pushed a little?
    I know this will also apply to dk's selfheal and make him even stronger but maybe
    it makes paladins not completely suck?

Help appreciated, maybe someone even tried it on PTR.

Tank Specs are taking more damage than non-tanked specs holding the flag if I'm not mistaken, so 40% extra healing done will only off-set the damage taken I'm guessing.

Deleted
    Yes it's 50% more dmg taken as tank spec, 20% as non-tank spec.
    Since this applies to all tank classes equally I'm just asking if the 40% healing buff helps
    paladins more than let's say warriors, and gives us a chance again.

I don't really think it will change much, because survivability itself wasn't the biggest reason Paladins weren't the best PvP tank, it seemed to be other reasons (utility, mobility, etc.)

Nope. Prot will still be bottom of the barrel because:

1) No mobility
    2) Incredibly vulnerable to silence and stun
    3) AM does nothing vs casters (and nobody runs melee in RBGs)
    4) Self-heal is incredibly reliant on Vengeance (which we don't get)
    5) No utility that isn't brought better by Holy

and 6) Hardly any real team will run a "tank" FC from now on. Looking at things like Demo locks for longer matches, or WW/Feral/Rog for fast caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Nairobi said. I personally think WW/Feral/Rogue is too risky, but Demo locks can work right now if you use it well, and all other tanks are getting nerfed.

In order for Prot to be viable, they needed to give them Emancipate and Absolve from Ret, along will a small healing buff from pvp power.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    What Nairobi said. I personally think WW/Feral/Rogue is too risky, but Demo locks can work right now if you use it well, and all other tanks are getting nerfed.

In order for Prot to be viable, they needed to give them Emancipate and Absolve from Ret, along will a small healing buff from pvp power.
    Prot doesn't need to be turned into a tank version of ret to fix it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Prot doesn't need to be turned into a tank version of ret to fix it.
    No, but a major problem with Prot is that it does not have any sort of mobility compared to other tanks, and doesn't have the survivability of blood to compensate. So it needs one or the other, or some kind of Prot-specific utility to make some comps want it.