Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Vanguards opinion "locks top 5.3 class"

    Reason behind this? Battle fatigue nerf? 10% dot dmg, also making UA dispel stronger? Portal got nerfed though, stairs on maps, melee buffs. Is he delusional, or...

  2. #2
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,763
    Where are you seeing this?

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198
    Considering how strong they are at the moment and without any terrible nerfs, seems legit.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Where are you seeing this?
    Talking about it on his stream last night.

  5. #5
    Epic! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of the computer - Naked
    Posts
    1,522
    Locks bring a TON of utility, not to mention THAT DAMAGE

  6. #6
    it's just a guess. his reasoning behind it is that big nerfs to burst will benefit affliction a lot. he doesn't understand certain mechanics about the spec such as it still being below 500 ilvl and thus doesn't benefit from it's insane gear scaling (which was fixed for even higher ilvls in 5.2) as well as it's need to keep malefic grasp up to do good single target pressure. azael seems to completely disagree where he doesn't even seem to think that affli will be the strongest lock spec.

  7. #7
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,763
    So some multi r1 paladin says warlocks will be the top class while multiple (rank 1) gladiators (including me) are saying that affliction will remain trash...
    I'll just pretend he was on drugs....

    Even with the 10% increase in dot damage, generally speaking warlocks got nerfed offensively, defensively and utility wise... Affliction and demonology will remain trash and destruction will likely lose popularity as well due some of the changes.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-18 at 06:37 PM.

  8. #8
    vangaurds says a lot of whack stuff on stream. lol.

    put a mic on me while i play arena and you'd catch me saying a lot of whack sh*t too.

    is what it is. i actually hope he's right! lol...but he isnt.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-18 at 06:51 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  9. #9
    I think Affliction will be a lot better off with the slower paced games and a minor dot buff (yay UA now does 4.4k instead of 4k) however they will still be weak in comparison to a lot of other classes.

  10. #10
    His arguments being?

  11. #11
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,694
    We will see in two weeks when the ladder readjusts. I think Warlocks are too pessimistic. Mages are still going to be overpowered, in fact the last overpowered class standing, and Mage/Lock synergy is real.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  12. #12
    he does not even play a lock.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,694
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Clearly the mages fault for not trinketing the fear.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  15. #15
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Clearly the mages fault for not trinketing the fear.
    It's solely to show Warlock's damage.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    So some multi r1 paladin says warlocks will be the top class while multiple (rank 1) gladiators (including me) are saying that affliction will remain trash...
    I'll just pretend he was on drugs....

    Even with the 10% increase in dot damage, generally speaking warlocks got nerfed offensively, defensively and utility wise... Affliction and demonology will remain trash and destruction will likely lose popularity as well due some of the changes.
    Alll Vanguards is trying to do is cover up the fact that both his Ret Pally and his Enhancement Shaman are getting buffed in 5.3 so he's trying to point the finger elsewhere.
    Last edited by Nopkplease; 2013-05-18 at 08:24 PM.

  17. #17
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,763
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's solely to show Warlock's damage.
    The warlock has literally every single offensive proc and cooldown up and on top of that there's the damage from the boomkin...
    It's really nothing special considering how easy it's shut down in arena, or comparing it to a frost mage...

  18. #18
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    The warlock has literally every single offensive proc and cooldown up and on top of that there's the damage from the boomkin...
    It's really nothing special considering how easy it's shut down in arena, or comparing it to a frost mage...
    Who's comparing anything to Mages? And the boomkin only does a Sunfire and a Moonfire.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    Alll Vanguards is trying to do is cover up the fact that both his Ret Pally and his Enhancement Shaman are getting buffed in 5.3 so he's trying to point the finger elsewhere.
    he does this alot.. rets are always horrible according van, lol -

    anyways apparently Azael said he got an email from Holinka saying essentially sorry, locks were going to be bad again because he cant figure out a way to buff them without messing up the rest of the game but thanks for the suggestions. so we'll see next week i guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's solely to show Warlock's damage.
    your point? mages burst harder, and destro's hardly have any instant casts not to mention a 3 second cast time on chaos bolt. that mage was just plain bad.
    Last edited by koekai; 2013-05-18 at 08:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •