Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowmourne in a Post-Patch 3.3 World?

Hey Death Knights of MMO-Champion, I have recently found motivation to start working on Shadowmourne again. My Guild Broke up and downgraded to 10-man (Used to play on a pretty dead server, recruiting issues, etc.) after I finished my Unholy infusion. Since then The "Blood Infusion" Quest has been sitting in my Quest log taunting me to go back into ICC 25, but I realized getting the Blood Infusion is a bit different in MoP than it was back when the content was current (from what I've heard.) and soon came to the conclusion that I had no clue how to do the quest nowadays, if anyone has done it recently (Even Cata-Launch "Recently") and would like to share a for-sure way to get this infusion done (If you're feeling generous enough, I wouldn't mind hearing any tips you have for the Frost Infusion) it would be very much appreciated.

I don't remember it changing, you have to stack with the tank to soak the cleave mechanic thingy and it gives you the debuff. You must have Shadow's Edge equipped while you do this. Of course getting pugs to not screw this up can be a challenge!

Wowhead has up to date strats to make it easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't remember it changing, you have to stack with the tank to soak the cleave mechanic thingy and it gives you the debuff. You must have Shadow's Edge equipped while you do this. Of course getting pugs to not screw this up can be a challenge!

Wowhead has up to date strats to make it easier.
    afaik you don't have to have SE equipped, only in your bags

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    You need it equipped for the infusions i'm pretty sure, but only in your bags for the shadowfrost shards

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to equip the axe. Need 4 people or more. You get bit first with everyone else with their thumbs up their asses. You and that person bite. That's your stacks. Boss needs to be down before third bite. Or you can take 8 and go next round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Have to equip the axe. Need 4 people or more. You get bit first with everyone else with their thumbs up their asses. You and that person bite. That's your stacks. Boss needs to be down before third bite. Or you can take 8 and go next round.
    This is incorrect, here is how it's done:
    1) You must have the axe on at the beginning of the fight, during each bite, and as she dies.
    1.a) You must personally bite 3 people for the infusion to work.
    2) Minimum of 4 people assuming you don't bring any more people that can battle rez.
    3) You get bit first. After you do your first bite that person you bit dies by standing in bad.
    3) Rez said bad and bite him again next bite round.
    4) Each of you bite one more person and kill her before bite round comes up.
    5) ???
    6) Profit

P.S. You can control undead the scientists before plague quarter and keep them for every boss but Lich King. They channel a 100% dmg increase with 100% uptime if you macro it into your skills. Makes her a joke to dps even with Shadow's Edge Equipped.
    Last edited by Tykku; 2013-05-15 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    You need it equipped for the infusions i'm pretty sure, but only in your bags for the shadowfrost shards
    Don't even need it in your bags. For shards that is.

You get bit first.
    It appears to be a total RNG fest, no way to be 100% sure you'll get bit first. we had to force a few wipes due to this a few weeks back
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    It appears to be a total RNG fest, no way to be 100% sure you'll get bit first. we had to force a few wipes due to this a few weeks back
    Just have the tank and whoever is getting bit first in, and everyone else stays away, preferably waiting at the bottom of the stairs. The first bite should go to the person attacking the boss that doesn't have aggro. Once the bite goes out, everyone else joins the fight.

I've only used this strat twice, with a small raid size, so it could just be coincidence, but the person we wanted bitten got it first.

uh? no...its the exact same mechanic it was back then..2nd person on aggro list gets bit...tell the pugs to stop being retards and let you get bit before they attack

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Just have the tank and whoever is getting bit first in, and everyone else stays away, preferably waiting at the bottom of the stairs. The first bite should go to the person attacking the boss that doesn't have aggro. Once the bite goes out, everyone else joins the fight.

I've only used this strat twice, with a small raid size, so it could just be coincidence, but the person we wanted bitten got it first.

we were 7ppl doing this. me and the tank went in first. rest was pretty much butt tapping the wall at stairs. none did anything yet ppl there were getting bitten so..
    dont know it it might be a bug but thats what occured not to long ago

10+ Year Old Account
    we were 7ppl doing this. me and the tank went in first. rest was pretty much butt tapping the wall at stairs. none did anything yet ppl there were getting bitten so..
    The person who is soaking her two tank mechanic cannot be bit, so you need two tanks to go in and your person who needs bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    The person who is soaking her two tank mechanic cannot be bit, so you need two tanks to go in and your person who needs bit.
    ah! well guess i was wrong then. ignore my posts hehe. gl with the wpn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    ready the quest you need to have SE equipped

Quote Originally Posted by Tykku View Post
    This is incorrect, here is how it's done:
    1) You must have the axe on at the beginning of the fight, during each bite, and as she dies.
    1.a) You must personally bite 3 people for the infusion to work.
    2) Minimum of 4 people assuming you don't bring any more people that can battle rez.
    3) You get bit first. After you do your first bite that person you bit dies by standing in bad.
    3) Rez said bad and bite him again next bite round.
    4) Each of you bite one more person and kill her before bite round comes up.
    5) ???
    6) Profit

P.S. You can control undead the scientists before plague quarter and keep them for every boss but Lich King. They channel a 100% dmg increase with 100% uptime if you macro it into your skills. Makes her a joke to dps even with Shadow's Edge Equipped.
    You are also incorrect. the minimum amount of people to bring is 2. DK and a Lock (shaman works but is much tougher) I have done this method to get my blood infusion and it indeed works.

Steps
    1. Have SE equipped and start dps, make sure lock is afk till you get bit
    2. Get bitten as you are the ONLY one on her list of agro
    3. Swap to your MoP weapon and start dpsing
    4. Swap to SE
    5. Bite the lock - BITE ONE
    6. Swap back Mop Weapon and dps.
    7. Lock dies and SS '(suggest SS as you wont have to wait 10min between wipes on DK res)
    8. Swap back to SE
    9 Bite the lock - BITE TWO
    10. Swap back to MOP weapon and dps
    11. Lock dies and YOU rez him.
    12. Swap back to SE
    13. Bite lock - BITE THREE
    14. Swap back to Mop weapon
    15. DPS boss till dead or you guy get MC

I suggest getting a scientist as DPS will be close. We did it on our 8th try 2 missed swaps. 3 despawns and 2 insanities. We were both in 500+ gear and the lock died off early to make sure we could rez so there was a loss of a bit of dps there. We killed her with 12 seconds on the bite timer. It is possible and best fun had in wow trying it in a long time.
    Last edited by Aventhos; 2013-05-16 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can force the first bite with taunts. I was doing it reliably all through cataclysm on both my paladins as holy, just have to taunt (and be taunted back off) a few seconds before the bite goes out. Over perhaps 40 runs I had 100% success rate.

On a related note, I've been stuck on Unholy Infusion for a while. I can't get out of the Abom as there is no "Leave Vehicle" option.

Any clue on what I'm suppose to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Hey Death Knights of MMO-Champion, I have recently found motivation to start working on Shadowmourne again. My Guild Broke up and downgraded to 10-man (Used to play on a pretty dead server, recruiting issues, etc.) after I finished my Unholy infusion. Since then The "Blood Infusion" Quest has been sitting in my Quest log taunting me to go back into ICC 25, but I realized getting the Blood Infusion is a bit different in MoP than it was back when the content was current (from what I've heard.) and soon came to the conclusion that I had no clue how to do the quest nowadays, if anyone has done it recently (Even Cata-Launch "Recently") and would like to share a for-sure way to get this infusion done (If you're feeling generous enough, I wouldn't mind hearing any tips you have for the Frost Infusion) it would be very much appreciated.
    The only difference with the quest now than before is that you can't just nuke the boss. You have to keep dps slowed until you get out 2 (maybe 3 can't remember) bites. Once your bites are out then you can finish her off. Being 90 it doesn't take much to nuke her down especially with pugs who don't care.

Also, make sure you have the axe equipped when doing the quest (same for Frost) after that you can leave it in your bank if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    On a related note, I've been stuck on Unholy Infusion for a while. I can't get out of the Abom as there is no "Leave Vehicle" option.

Make a macro with:

/script VehicleExit()

Then hit it if you can't leave vehicle.

10+ Year Old Account

The only way to remove it is to have someone who can remove diseases dispell you
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

Or just wait till the last phase where it auto kicks you of the the abom.