Blood DK keybindings

Howdy,

At the moment I'm a clicker - but I've hit that level where it's not really optimal and I need to switch to keybinding - but I've no idea where to start.

So, just wondering, what other blood DK's have set as their keybinds? The only keybind I currently use is having '1' set to an interrupt ability (this is the same across all my characters - whatever interrupt they've got is always number '1').

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well since hitting 123456 was easy on my keyboard i added some utilities like boneshield and vamp blood etc. on f1 f2 etc.
    It is really close and easy to start out with keybinds
    As a tank I couldnt really give a damn about targeting options I just click it and rather have my abilities on those keybinds.

Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-05-20 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like said, start with the basic 1-5 first, and depending which modifier you find easiest (CTRL/SHIFT/ALT) Keybind either numbers or letters with modifier.

My keybinds are 1-5, ctrl/alt+A,S,D,F,G,Z,X,C,V. and that covers more than 20 abilities. Also you can abuse your mousewheel scroll which holds 6 possible binds alone (ctrl/alt+up/down/click).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    Keybinding is more a matter of personal preferences rather than something setted as "optimal".
    Switchinj from clicking to keybinds is something you should do it gradually, start binding core spells (DS, HS, diseases, outbreak, RS , D&D , BB) and get used to them, after that I'd bind CDs (VB, IB, Runetap, AMS, lichborne and so on, ) and after you're used to them as well bind what's left (interrupts, simulacrum, ghoul etc.). It's a rather long and nasty procress, you'll feel uncomfortable at the beginning, but in the end it'll be worth it , after a while you'll also probably start to bind things you didn't imagine at 1st, like pots /mounts and so on, this what happened to me when i switched from clicking to binding a couple of years ago at least.

As for what ability should i keybind here or there, it comes again to personal preferences, there are " good" keybinds : basically any from 1-6, q, e (if you bound strafe to A , D) r,f,t,g,c,x,z are all good imo , then you can combine them with Shift /Ctrl/alt and get a good assortment of 30-40 keybinds, even more if you are using special mouses (like naga) or G13 stuffs like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a rule of thumb i bind CENTRAL abilities next to my movement. DS on 2 HS on 3 interrupt on f (mindfreeze) and shift-f (strangulate), planned cds like ibf on shift-c further away. But honestly I share special keys between chars. For example taunt is always on shift-1. Save my arse is always on shift-2 (deterrance and AMS). So I use this theme for my bindings. movement enhancers are on x.

I would recommend start with core and ohh shit abilities binded. If those are in your muscle memory start adding 2 or 4 more as i always double bind with shift. Don't force yourself learning ALL THE BINDINGS at once. It is like learning to type with all of your fingers (10 Finger System in Germany). So I'd recon doing it step by step. If you bind interrupts DS and maybe HS and RS for the first week or a few days that should do it and you will see improvement in reactiontimes and you can focus more on your surroundings. In the longrun redoing your ui might be beneficial. As I click just army and prepots now (yeah str ones prepull ) I find it handy to center HPs Runes and Timers so you don't need to have your eyes all over the screen... but that is for more advanced binders
    Last edited by CrenVerdis; 2013-05-20 at 12:51 PM.
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

Deleted
    You could also try learn to play with ESDF instead of WASD at this stage also, sometime down the road you may find yourself running out of keybinds (hard to believe at the start I know!)

regardless of how you bind, make DAMN SURE you keep it consistent across classes.

all your interrupts on alt-1, all your sprints on alt-5, all your DPS stuff on 1-2-3-4-5, all your slowfalls on alt+Q, etc. it makes it WAY easier to learn. don't ever bind anything to alt+f4.

bind raid markers to the numpad. makes it really easy to make a kill target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that hasn't been mentioned yet, but I found priceless when transitioning from clicking - get a Naga. It's expensive, but if you can afford it you'll never be able to play without one. I use 1-12, Shift 1-6, Alt 1-6, and Z-N. Also, as stated above make sure you keep consistency with your bindings across all your characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonskye View Post
    Something that hasn't been mentioned yet, but I found priceless when transitioning from clicking - get a Naga. It's expensive, but if you can afford it you'll never be able to play without one. I use 1-12, Shift 1-6, Alt 1-6, and Z-N. Also, as stated above make sure you keep consistency with your bindings across all your characters.
    Naga is fine, but the G600 is better imo, especially for people new to mmo mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you're moving with A S D F. I move mostly with strafing, autowalk and rightmousekey (look in the direction = walk in that direction, similar with the strafe keys)
    this leaves Q and E empty for me, where I put Horn of WInter (Q) and Interrupt (E), Death and Decay (Shift+Q) and Outbreak (Shift+E).

Also, I use the g700 logitech mouse where I have autowalk and 3 other keybinds.

I'd start with Q / E and 1-5, then start adding modifiers like shift/ctrl (whatever you like best) and only add 1-2 abilities (binds) at a time
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

I used to play with a n52 TE pad and that worked great for giving me basically ~40 binds on a numpad size peripheral.

When I upgraded to a mechanical keyboard, I swapped back to keyboard bindings.

I changed A and D to my strafe keys and now use bindings ~,1-6,Q,E,R,F,Z with shift+ctrl+alt mods when needed.