Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.3 Cloak reward system question

Not sure if this was confirmed somewhere yet, as I don't venture out of the Pala forums much (ppl are mean out there!), so I wanted to check before I screwed something up next week.

From the front page, it says that we have to visit the 4 celestials (2 DPS, 1 tank, 1 healer) to perform their task based on our spec, and once that is done, we get the legendary cloak.

So, for us Prot paladins, we all will (should) be taking the "DPS" option instead of the "tank" option, so I am wondering if this means:

1) We can do any scenario/task for any celestial, then pick whatever we want?

-OR-

2) We have to do the DPS task in order to get the DPS cape?

Given the changes in 5.3 to be able to queue as X but roll as Y, I am not sure which makes more sense (or if trying to apply logic to Blizz mentality is even a wise move). I've got a moderate Ret set, and I doubt the scenario is super tightly tuned anyway, but just wanted to know if anyone can confirm.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I'm not sure about it, but at least there seems to be only one quest which has all the possible cloaks as choosable rewards: http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32861

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    As the person above me says, you don't. You can do the tanking one and still get the DPS Cloak

Can we get a 2nd cloak for our off spec much like the meta gems or are we locked into our original choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaya View Post
    Can we get a 2nd cloak for our off spec much like the meta gems or are we locked into our original choice.
    I don't know, but I can answer you soon enough as my guildie is 2 Runestones away.

Still stuck at 6, after 5 weeks of farming. RNG is RNG, and RNG sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I'll probably just switch to ret and try the white tiger scenario. Don't want to get stuck with that crappy tanking cloak. But it'll be a while been quite unlucky with runestones so only at 2 atm.

I've been farming for 6 weeks, doing full clears and have 0 runestones. RNG hates me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Still stuck at 6, after 5 weeks of farming. RNG is RNG, and RNG sucks
    Since you only have 6, you can't mess stuff up anyway?

Don't you need to complete the 12 Stones to get the Cape?

Intro Text is "now that the thunderking is dead..." and last step of that 12 Runestone thingy is killing the Thunderking. So seems logical.

We have 2-3 people getting their cloak tonight so I'll be able to let you guys know if we can get 2 cloaks

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't get 2 Cloaks. All of them are marked as "Unique: Cloak of Virtue (1)". Not Unique-Equipped, but Unique as it is. Which means only 1 copy of the item-type is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You can't get 2 Cloaks. All of them are marked as "Unique: Cloak of Virtue (1)". Not Unique-Equipped, but Unique as it is. Which means only 1 copy of the item-type is allowed.
    Dammit no ret / prot cloak for me

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaya View Post
    Dammit no ret / prot cloak for me
    Sure there is! The ret and prot cloaks are ... the same cloak! Then there's that odd one with avoidance stats that must have ended up in the game via a bug or something... Maybe it slipped into the game files from Titan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Sure there is! The ret and prot cloaks are ... the same cloak! Then there's that odd one with avoidance stats that must have ended up in the game via a bug or something... Maybe it slipped into the game files from Titan.
    What I read from the post you quoted he meant, that he takes holy cloak and cannot get the cloak for ret/prot.

Basically it's like the ICC ring. You can sell your cloak to use another one, and I heard it's for 7000g.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    What I read from the post you quoted he meant, that he takes holy cloak and cannot get the cloak for ret/prot.
    Yeh my main spec is holy so won't be able to pick up the dps cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Bleh, that's what I was afraid would be the case. Would like to have the Agility DPS cloak and the Intellect Caster cloak for my Guardian and Resto specs. Oh well, at least any new cloaks that drop will still be useful for offspecs.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Blood DKs would probably use the avoidance cloak as Haste isn't as useful for them as it is for Prot Paladins. Prot Warriors would also use the tank cloak I'd guess as I've heard that you no longer generate extra rage from critical hits as prot but I may be wrong.

The Agility cloak with Dodge though, why?
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-05-22 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Blood DKs would probably use the avoidance cloak as Haste isn't as useful for them as it is for Prot Paladins. Prot Warriors would also use the tank cloak I'd guess as I've heard that you no longer generate extra rage from critical hits as prot but I may be wrong.
    Blood DKs still might use the dps cloak. Haste = faster rune generation = more Death Strikes.

any updates on which cloak you can choose in prot spec?

Deleted
    I could pick all six when I got mine... so I assume you can do the same?