10+ Year Old Account

So what does a new 50 do? (PvP Related)

I got my 2nd Shadow to 50 this weekend and realized something...I have no means to get updated gear. My PvP functionality took a nose dive because of this.

Pre-2.0, I would get a character to 50 and be given a set of Recruit and Tionese gear. I would also be able to snag a few Battlemaster/War Hero pieces with maxed out Commendations. Post-2.0, none of that exists. Its nice that I can buy item modifications from the Makeb vendor for Planetary Comms, but I have no means to purchase anything for the following slots: Offhand, Earpiece, Implants x2, Relics x2 (most frustrating). That's 5/13 slots that I don't have an upgrade path available for.

My question is if I am missing something? I've looked at all the vendors and their stock is reserved for 55, and the GTN has wisely jacked up pricing on any Artifact quality piece in that range.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I got my 2nd Shadow to 50 this weekend and realized something...I have no means to get updated gear. My PvP functionality took a nose dive because of this.

Pre-2.0, I would get a character to 50 and be given a set of Recruit and Tionese gear. I would also be able to snag a few Battlemaster/War Hero pieces with maxed out Commendations. Post-2.0, none of that exists. Its nice that I can buy item modifications from the Makeb vendor for Planetary Comms, but I have no means to purchase anything for the following slots: Offhand, Earpiece, Implants x2, Relics x2 (most frustrating). That's 5/13 slots that I don't have an upgrade path available for.

My question is if I am missing something? I've looked at all the vendors and their stock is reserved for 55, and the GTN has wisely jacked up pricing on any Artifact quality piece in that range.
    PVE for BH gear. I am assuming you dont have the expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    PVE for BH gear. I am assuming you dont have the expansion?
    Where is the BH vendor? I don't recall seeing any back in the Class sections in the Supplies quandrant on the Fleet.

They pay 20 dollars for Makeb.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    They pay 20 dollars for Makeb.
    Makeb doesn't really change the fact that there are no options to obtain Artifact quality gear in over 1/3 of your slots, when the system factors in gear level to determine effective strength. I wasn't spot checking my other stats, but I know my HP in PvP dropped 4500 the moment I turned 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    if your f2p and dont have artifact equipement authorization theres really bugger all to do

You don't need specific gear for PVP at 50, because Bolster will give you decent stats upon entering any warzone. All expertise was removed from War Hero and Elite War Hero gear, as well, so even the 50s who had PVP gear don't have an advantage.

Makeb doesn't really change the fact that there are no options to obtain Artifact quality gear in over 1/3 of your slots, when the system factors in gear level to determine effective strength. I wasn't spot checking my other stats, but I know my HP in PvP dropped 4500 the moment I turned 50.
    You don't need to... I'm currently wearing blue mods I frequently update with planetary comms + crafted earpieces and implants and augments on most of the gear. I'm running around with 28k life and 2018 expertise in pvp currently (30-54 bracket).

You don't want any!! expertise on you, get the best mods you can get for your class/ level and keep rocking. I have a mercenary with fully modded campaign armor + augments and in PvP I get 19xx expertise and something around 24k life. My Powertech tank gets only 27k life.... with 0 expertise on him so while bolster is not entirely thought through, the biggest mistake I have seen were people running around in battlemaster gear. There was a lvl 54 shadow with 1400!!! expertise and 200 bonus damage less than my lvl 41 shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Orderken View Post
    You don't need specific gear for PVP at 50, because Bolster will give you decent stats upon entering any warzone. All expertise was removed from War Hero and Elite War Hero gear, as well, so even the 50s who had PVP gear don't have an advantage.
    The truth is that even if we still had expertise on this gear, you would not get a benefit because gear with expertise is not getting bolstered (except relics as far as I "know").

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderken View Post
    I don't think you read my previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    You don't need to... I'm currently wearing blue mods I frequently update with planetary comms + crafted earpieces and implants and augments on most of the gear. I'm running around with 28k life and 2018 expertise in pvp currently (30-54 bracket).
    What level are you? Am I correct in reading you are referring to your 41 character? If so, then once again refer to this:

I too kept my gear up to date and did in fact have 26-28k HP pre-50. When I hit 50 it dropped to 22K. I've updated all my mods with planetary comms and purchased 50 blues for the 5/13 slots mentioned previously. This got me up to 24k HP.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 08:45 AM ----------

As a sidebar, I looked and did notice you *can* by "Classic" gear at 50. Unfortunately they seem pretty expensive and will involve PvE'ing in order to build up the comms. At least its something I suppose.

I too kept my gear up to date and did in fact have 26-28k HP pre-50. When I hit 50 it dropped to 22K. I've updated all my mods with planetary comms and purchased 50 blues for the 5/13 slots mentioned previously. This got me up to 24k HP.[COLOR="red"]
    - Mercenary with full campaign/ augment gear @lvl 53 has around 24k (which is the gear you can buy with classic comms)
    - Sorc with full campaign/ augment gear @lvl 55 has around 23,5k
    - Powertech tank with full campaign/ augment gear @lvl 52 has 27k
    - Operative heal with full campaign/ augment gear @lvl 50 has around 24k

So you see that upping your gear with "artifact" (campaign) quality doesn't give you a hugh boost. My expertise on any of these chars is not buffed up to 2018 (don't ask me why) so that's the part about the bolster system which doesn't make "sense" to me. What I noticed is that upgrading mod xy with a higher lvl version does not give you a significant boost while bolstered. In fact I hade +/- XX difference in life and expertise while exchanging all my mods with 5 lvl higher version.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is strange. Is this possibly another side effect of the bolster bugs? It just doesn't make any sense to lose that many stats by simply leveling 1 level (49 to 50).

That is strange. Is this possibly another side effect of the bolster bugs? It just doesn't make any sense to lose that many stats by simply leveling 1 level (49 to 50).
    I think their calculations behind bolstering are off or not clear enough. I assume that 1-49, the typ of mod doesn't matter, it will be buffed up to the max level (though I'd have to test using lowest possible mods for each) and as soon as you hit lvl 50 you are in the same calculation bracket as with 55 at which level the gear seems to have more endurance which would bolster you back up onto the same level prior to lvl 50. That's all speculaton of course but it shows why you usually don't see people after lvl 50 with tons of life.

A new 50 does the same thing a new 49 does: keep going till you get to 55

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I think their calculations behind bolstering are off or not clear enough. I assume that 1-49, the typ of mod doesn't matter, it will be buffed up to the max level (though I'd have to test using lowest possible mods for each) and as soon as you hit lvl 50 you are in the same calculation bracket as with 55 at which level the gear seems to have more endurance which would bolster you back up onto the same level prior to lvl 50. That's all speculaton of course but it shows why you usually don't see people after lvl 50 with tons of life.
    When I hit 50 the other day, I immediately purchased Makeb vendor Armorings. My next warzone, I had 21k health. I then logged to my alt 50 which had been sitting around, purchased as many purple mods and enhancements as I could from the Makeb vendor and mailed them to my new 50. I installed them, did a new warzone and i'm at 24k health.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    A new 50 does the same thing a new 49 does: keep going till you get to 55

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 09:41 AM ----------

When I hit 50 the other day, I immediately purchased Makeb vendor Armorings. My next warzone, I had 21k health. I then logged to my alt 50 which had been sitting around, purchased as many purple mods and enhancements as I could from the Makeb vendor and mailed them to my new 50. I installed them, did a new warzone and i'm at 24k health.
    Yet my lvl 42 blue mod shadow is sitting at almost 29k health with 2018 expertise and 1,1k bonus damage... . Makes sense? xD