Deleted

Holy Paladin - Horridon Heroic

Hey folks.

I am just wondering how you guys deal with the purple Dino in the final phase of heroic Horridon? I am struggling to do decent healing in this final phase and feel like I am spending way to many GCDs on keeping it away. I am using a macro for Reckoning on CD and Judging on CD but even then its not quite enough.
    I have already killed this fight, but if I am missing something and you guys aren't spending so many of your GCDs on keeping it at bay I'd love to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Hey folks.

I am just wondering how you guys deal with the purple Dino in the final phase of heroic Horridon? I am struggling to do decent healing in this final phase and feel like I am spending way to many GCDs on keeping it away. I am using a macro for Reckoning on CD and Judging on CD but even then its not quite enough.
    I have already killed this fight, but if I am missing something and you guys aren't spending so many of your GCDs on keeping it at bay I'd love to know.
    I haven't killed the boss yet but I don't have any issue using holy shock and denounce while healing. There also seems to be plenty of time between dire calls to heal people back up so no need to burn everything to top off.

1.- /target Direhorn Spirit
    2.- /cast Judgement
    3.- ?????
    4.- Profit
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Deleted
    you can denounce it aswell inbetween the dmg and knock it far back, if you have a warlock you could try to utilize portals as well

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    you can denounce it aswell inbetween the dmg and knock it far back, if you have a warlock you could try to utilize portals as well
    Careful if you do this, sometimes the direhorn will go after someone else till you get threat back, same thing happens when i use Ginvis on my mage, i have had the tank die due to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly get by fine with just judgement and holy prism on cooldown as long as no one messes up their charge and forces the raid to change positioning (hate not being stacked with the raid in healing rain on the last phase ). Remember you can't knock the dino back while he is still in the air so don't use multiple attacks in a row, you are just wasting gcds then.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-20 at 04:38 PM.

I cast judgement on cd and some denounce, and after jalak die i just kite around -> judg -> heal tank -> kite etc
    Using holy prism only when people are near to not waste heal.

You can taunt the spirit to knock it back with Reckoning.

The benefits of doing this are:
    1. Reckoning is not on the global GCD and therefore you can continue to spam heal the tank through Horridon's enrage.
    2. The mana cost of reckoning is less than any other paladin spell.
    3. You don't need to face the spirit to hit it (same as Denounce)

The downfall of using this is that Reckoning has a 8 second cooldown and therefore sometimes you will need to move backwards if you've forgotten to use it until the Dino is too close to prevent it from hitting you before it comes off cooldown. If your positioning gets thrown off sometimes you will have this additional factor to worry about while working about healing up the tanks, etc. My recommendation is to try it and see if you like it. If you can start spamming it once the Dino comes within 30 yards then I think this is a viable way of knocking it back.

Reckoning, Judgment, Denounce all work.

If you feel you are spending too many GCDs though, one thing to think about is that there is a "cooldown" of sort on the knockback. While the Direhorn is flying backwards, additional attacks will not do anything.

So try spacing your attacks out.

Deleted
    I use reckoning and judgement. It's always enough for me.

All I do is set dino as focus and have my judgment and denounce macroed to hit focus target. Prefer holy prism off boss or adds than dino, as it was more likely to hit 5 people (based on your positioning). Keeping it at bay as a holy paladin involves a fair few gcds. I didn't use reckoning but thats a great idea considering its off gcd. Otherwise you just have to accept you're going to have to use judgment on cd to keep it away from you, along with some denounces occasionally. Denouncing the dino is perfectly fine as long as you don't delay a holy shock for it.

In terms of doing decent healing in the final phase, try to time it so your cds are up for this phase, if you can afford to. Otherwise the safest way to heal the fight is to save any CD you have available for the few times in which Dire Call lines up with the War Gods aoe. This will happen once or twice depending on your dps. All other times (war god cries outside of a dino call) theres plenty of time to top the raid up safely.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killed Horridon on 25H many times since week 1 of heroics and its always a pain to have to deal with the dino. My method is having 2 macros, both very simple, one for denounce and one for judgement.

/target direhorn spirit
    /cast judgement

and then the same for denounce

Keep in mind once knocked back there is a small delay before it can be knocked back again. Like others have mentioned, there is plenty of time to heal the raid after each call with the exception of when the war god is down and his aoe lines up with call. Usually I get the spirit knocked back pretty far before each call to give myself a buffer in which I can heal the tanks/raid after the call hits.

Deleted
    getting the tanks to position the boss such that the dino's are coming from in front of the raid, or to the side in front, helps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zechz View Post
    Killed Horridon on 25H many times since week 1 of heroics and its always a pain to have to deal with the dino. My method is having 2 macros, both very simple, one for denounce and one for judgement.

/target direhorn spirit
    /cast judgement

and then the same for denounce

Keep in mind once knocked back there is a small delay before it can be knocked back again. Like others have mentioned, there is plenty of time to heal the raid after each call with the exception of when the war god is down and his aoe lines up with call. Usually I get the spirit knocked back pretty far before each call to give myself a buffer in which I can heal the tanks/raid after the call hits.
    This macro may be a little better for you.

#showtooltip Judgment
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Judgment
    /targetlasttarget

I found it a little nice for it to go back to your previous target. I don't have reckoning in that macro, but you may want to add it to your macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denounce and Judgement do it for me, as well as some creative running.

Denounce is good, just get it far enough from you that you can heal when it matters.

Deleted
    Not sure why thread needed to be necro'd, especially considering I had already killed the fight many times before making the thread and just wanted to know if there was anything extra I could do (which there wasn't).