Thread: Breath of fire

Deleted

Breath of fire

Hey guys,

Was wondering something about breath of fire;

if I use it twice in a row and the dot gets applied both times, does the dot become stronger then if I had only used it once? or is there no point in doing it more then once and better to just keep the dot rolling without applying over an existing one?

Reapply the dot just when it falls off, refreshing it before hand is a dps loss if anything. It's not going to double up if you use it before it runs out.

Deleted
    K thought it might have worked like mage ignite or something (though I'm not even sure that's how that works)

I wish it weren't completely awful.

Why can't it apply Shuffle?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    I wish it weren't completely awful.

Why can't it apply Shuffle?
    it is fine, it does not need shuffle

Mostly I wish the dot worked on bosses. Or that the spell had any kind of defensive benefit at all. It'd be something useful to do with extra chi (ie. haste) beyond the bare minimum needed to keep shuffle and guard going.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconslicer View Post
    Mostly I wish the dot worked on bosses. Or that the spell had any kind of defensive benefit at all. It'd be something useful to do with extra chi (ie. haste) beyond the bare minimum needed to keep shuffle and guard going.
    That would be something decent imo. Kind of like how Deep Freeze works for a mage where if the target is immune to the stun it instead does X amount of extra a damage. Just in this case it'll say if DoT can't be applied then does X damage (hitting/dodging/parrying doesn't cause the extra damage to go into effect)

Deleted
    Couldn't you have just tested this yourself in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconslicer View Post
    I use it quite often in Heroic 5mans. A lot of the bosses in there it will actually dot. Very useful when you pull a bunch of stuff and the boss and just aoe everything down. For raids though, only some trash will be dotted... still useful!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    Couldn't you have just tested this yourself in-game?
    I don't use dmg meters atm so it would be quite annoying, also I don't see the point of your reply.. nobody is obliged to help me if they don't feel like it and neither is it your responsibility to stop them from doing so?

In a raiding environment its limited to fights with small adds. I say small because some of the "larger" adds won't be affected by dizzying haze thus they can't be afflicted with the Breath of Fire dot. Great for five mans, not so great otherwise really.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

I just want to say that for some reason when I saw this on the main page I thought it was about the RPG series on SNES/playstations.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore
    I've been linked pictures of anime that are already like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whathump
    What has science done?!