Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,674

    Whose Excited for 5.3 Tomorrow!

    I know I am. And since I am usually an endless source of negativity here is a positive thread.

    Why?
    1. I can Arena again on my warrior with some small expectation of finding partners and achieving similar success to previous seasons.
    2. I still have to sit in Defensive Stance all the time, but now I might actually live long enough to kill someone.
    3. I won't be dying in a cheapshot to a rogue alone anymore.
    4. I won't have to be spec'd Gorefiend's Grasp on my DK and do that stupid ass shit anymore.
    5. Though I probably won't play the DK much at all now. Being able to actually play my Warrior again.
    6. If I manage to get my level 88 Rogue to 90, which now takes 33% less time, I can then get him at least half of his conquest set this week.
    7. I can gem str again. It seems silly, but I really missed gemming STR. Something about stacking resil in every slot and still dying was not satisfying.
    8. Sweeping Strikes was finally fixed to not get double hit by resilience. Maybe that ends up making arms slightly rbg viable, highly doubt it, but I get to try it out.
    9. No more Life Swapping God Comps.
    10. No more stupid ass Ring of Peace no DR disarm horseshit.


    YOU ARE IN THE PVP FORUM
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  2. #2
    Just uninstalled the game and am playing Rift (it's free 2 play in a couple weeks).
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-05-20 at 11:10 PM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

  3. #3
    Im very excited. Im getting very small buffs to all my classes while most of my counter-classes are getting nerfs.
    Also im looking forward to trying out some pve since i stopped raiding in wotlk.

    Ill have to wait untill wednesday before trying the patch out tho.
    Last edited by saltyharbls; 2013-05-20 at 11:10 PM.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,935
    Warrior isn't that good in 5.3 Better than 5.2 but still kinda meh. I look forward to catch up mechanic but it alone won't make me subscribe...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  5. #5
    Tomorrow it's the day wpvp dies.

    Wait, what is this about warriors ?! They will continue to suck just like they did in 5.2. Wow, haven't you guys realized by now after 8 years of wow, that warriors aren't meant to do pvp without a healer up their bums and when they do, they get nerfed ?!

  6. #6
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Warrior isn't that good in 5.3 Better than 5.2 but still kinda meh. I look forward to catch up mechanic but it alone won't make me subscribe...
    Yeah but its actually playable. It's like Season 8, do you really have a shot at taking rank 1 over that caster cleave without double legendaries, no, but you know you can try and not be laughed out of the arena.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Just uninstalled the game and am playing Rift (it's free 2 play in a couple weeks).

    So not I. It is a filler patch.

    I might check out 5.4, but the game has lost any fun it once had to me. 5.3 is pushing more scenarios down our throats... I think I will speak with my wallet and bow out of this one.

    As for Pvp, getting a base resil was much needed. It will greatly increase the PVP pool of people and not turn people away.
    Best reading ever!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    As for Pvp, getting a base resil was much needed. It will greatly increase the PVP pool of people and not turn people away.
    But it takes away the idea of working towards something. People don't mind being low DPS in LFR for weeks to get their precious items, so why can't it be the same for PvP?
    This change is even forcing ret paladins to tier items because the set bonuses outshine the defensive/offensive gain from resil/PvP power....

  9. #9
    Korgoth i imagine u just like your avatar , a grumpy old man cuz all your post are qq how shit warriors are and now u;re happy that u got defensive stance back and stuffs like that and some classes gets nerfed to the ground , imo no1 should be happy when 1 class is shit for a patch or so because this game is a rollercoster and all the classes have up and downs along the way (mage is the exception of the rule )
    As for your question i;m not happy with new patch i quited arenas and rbgs when i saw how 5.3 will turn up but on the other hand 5.3 made me want to go back in bgs and just farm kills for the sake of pvp
    Pvp is so broken and it will always be cuz of the arenas and every patch will have a FOTM and ppl will qq and next patch that class goes the grave and another will take its place ..... overall 5.3 is just another desperate attempt from blizz to keep ppl pvp but they failed in MoP harder than in any content so far
    Last edited by Kezuma; 2013-05-20 at 11:07 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    But it takes away the idea of working towards something. People don't mind being low DPS in LFR for weeks to get their precious items, so why can't it be the same for PvP?
    This change is even forcing ret paladins to tier items because the set bonuses outshine the defensive/offensive gain from resil/PvP power....
    The only reason I really I've played WoW since Vanilla was for PvP, entry level gear needs to be more attainable by the casual player base to improve pvp. There are so many friends of mine who wanted to get into PvP but you learn so little until you have the necessary gear to survive effectively. I do not mind a graduate gearing system but it should be increased in very small increments with little difference between entry level and max level.

    I used to PvP on my friends accounts to get them gear because I understood PvP rotations and they never could grasp them simply because you don't get anytime to learn getting curb stomped. I would gear them up on off times and group with them when they were offline and once they were marginally geared they actually started to understand the whys and hows of PvP as X class.

    To answer the thread, yes I am looking forward to 5.3 tomorrow but I am not full satisfied with PvP yet, it needs a lot more serious work in order to improve the experience for the general player base and it has for a long time. The problem is blizzard keeps pumping out new content and changing every class with every expansion that they are making it impossible to balance this game properly, however I have hope that they will take more time/invest more money balancing this game in PvP it desperately needs it to be taken seriously and it needs to be much more accessible than a base resilience.
    Last edited by Geminiel; 2013-05-20 at 11:11 PM.

  11. #11
    I'm always excited for patch day. It offers plenty of opportunities to gamble on how long the servers will be down.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Tomorrow it's the day wpvp dies.
    You are years late. World PvP died when Battlegrounds for high honor source were implemented.

  13. #13
    I don't get the hatred towards scenarios. The heroic ones are really one of the things I am most happy about.

  14. #14
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    Korgoth i imagine u just like your avatar , a grumpy old man cuz all your post are qq how shit warriors are and now u;re happy that u got defensive stance back and stuffs like that and some classes gets nerfed to the ground , imo no1 should be happy when 1 class is shit for a patch or so because this game is a rollercoster and all the classes have up and downs along the way (mage is the exception of the rule )
    As for your question i;m not happy with new patch i quited arenas and rbgs when i saw how 5.3 will turn up but on the other hand 5.3 made me want to go back in bgs and just farm kills for the sake of pvp
    Pvp is so broken and it will always be cuz of the arenas and every patch will have a FOTM and ppl will qq and next patch that class goes the grave and another will take its place ..... overall 5.3 is just another desperate attempt from blizz to keep ppl pvp but they failed in MoP harder than in any content so far
    No class is truly shit next patch. Which is a huge difference from live. From the mage thread, where I illustrated that point.

    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  15. #15
    Not excited one bit. Looks boring.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR - USA
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I know I am. And since I am usually an endless source of negativity here is a positive thread.

    Why?
    1. I can Arena again on my warrior with some small expectation of finding partners and achieving similar success to previous seasons.
    2. I still have to sit in Defensive Stance all the time, but now I might actually live long enough to kill someone.
    3. I won't be dying in a cheapshot to a rogue alone anymore.
    4. I won't have to be spec'd Gorefiend's Grasp on my DK and do that stupid ass shit anymore.
    5. Though I probably won't play the DK much at all now. Being able to actually play my Warrior again.
    6. If I manage to get my level 88 Rogue to 90, which now takes 33% less time, I can then get him at least half of his conquest set this week.
    7. I can gem str again. It seems silly, but I really missed gemming STR. Something about stacking resil in every slot and still dying was not satisfying.
    8. Sweeping Strikes was finally fixed to not get double hit by resilience. Maybe that ends up making arms slightly rbg viable, highly doubt it, but I get to try it out.
    9. No more Life Swapping God Comps.
    10. No more stupid ass Ring of Peace no DR disarm horseshit.


    YOU ARE IN THE PVP FORUM
    Hey, I'll admit this... but you were right about Warrior nerfs from 5.1 to 5.2. I didn't think they would be big enough to hit your representation at high rankings significantly, and they did. So, I'm glad you guys are getting some much needed love to get back to being represented in Arena. It looks like they may have the sweet spot where you guys are balanced for MoP (As balanced as any class can be in this CC/Burst/Instant Cast mess).

    Also, I didn't think Rogues were going to be as big a problem as they turned out to be this season. I don't think the mechanics were too much of a problem except for Cloak and Dagger, didn't like that one from the start. But scaling and some early season trinket hijinks created some obvious stupidity in hindsight.

    I think one of the reasons I tend to knee-jerk disagree with what you post, is that sometimes you post with such vehemence and vitriol that it is kind of a turn off. I figure you are passionate about PvP though, so lately I've tended to disregard those types of things. You usually do bring some good points to the table.

    Anyways, things look hopeful for 5.3, hopefully they stack up that way and we aren't going into another season with some classes that are super OP that we somehow didn't see coming.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2013-05-20 at 11:33 PM.

  17. #17
    Mechagnome Tripz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In some small dive."
    Posts
    719
    I'm honestly looking forward to the 33% xp reduction and the cheap heirlooms... I can finally level my shaman!
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I hear in order to get the browser attunement, you first had to run heroic Internet.

  18. #18
    Dreadlord DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Training with Batman in the Batcave
    Posts
    855
    As a ret paladin, I am definitely excited.

    I also like the heirloom/experience change. Might actually do some altoholicness

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    The only reason I really I've played WoW since Vanilla was for PvP, entry level gear needs to be more attainable by the casual player base to improve pvp. There are so many friends of mine who wanted to get into PvP but you learn so little until you have the necessary gear to survive effectively. I do not mind a graduate gearing system but it should be increased in very small increments with little difference between entry level and max level.

    I used to PvP on my friends accounts to get them gear because I understood PvP rotations and they never could grasp them simply because you don't get anytime to learn getting curb stomped. I would gear them up on off times and group with them when they were offline and once they were marginally geared they actually started to understand the whys and hows of PvP as X class.

    To answer the thread, yes I am looking forward to 5.3 tomorrow but I am not full satisfied with PvP yet, it needs a lot more serious work in order to improve the experience for the general player base and it has for a long time. The problem is blizzard keeps pumping out new content and changing every class with every expansion that they are making it impossible to balance this game properly, however I have hope that they will take more time/invest more money balancing this game in PvP it desperately needs it to be taken seriously and it needs to be much more accessible than a base resilience.
    it takes about a day to get a full set of honor gear.be honor caped and justice point caped when you hit 90, and you have 4 or 5 pieces of honor gear the minute you hit 90.bgs for a day and bang full set,how can someone say this is hard?

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Narna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backyard. Digging for oil.
    Posts
    1,122
    I am! New lore, can't wait to support my man Vol'jin in the revolution.

    And... Enhancement Buff. Weow!
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Hyah|Kyrei

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •