Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Aff buffs in 5.3...

Just curious it seems like everyone who is getting buffs in 5.3 are getting 15% buffs... Is there a reason aff is getting hated on and only getting 10%? Its dmg isnt even good in arena atm to make anyone worry so you would think it would be getting the 15% buff... >.<

A full row of AffDots, with the set bonus, is still weaker than it was in 5.1, before the 25% corruption nerf. It's less than a wash.

It would be lovely to see a new emergence of afflock/rdruid like in BC. That made for some of the most enjoyable 30 minute games I've ever played.

Deleted
    According to rumours the pvp developers have said its impossible to buff affliction in pvp without messing up affliction in pve
    so affliction players will more or less have to change spec for pvp or just go with pve.

Lovely

Lol, whatever afflic is fine. Play the right comp and profit. Adjust your gameplay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    Lol, whatever afflic is fine. Play the right comp and profit. Adjust your gameplay

This is afflictions current state in pvp;

Affliction Warlock representation in 2v2: Amount of players above 2200 = 0%

Affliction Warlock representation in 3v3: Amount of players above 2200 = 0.5%

Last Database Update : 16 May 2013

You clearly know what you are talking about, mate
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-05-20 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    'the right comps' are comps with partners who have over te top insane burst.. if you havent noticed - those classes are under siege from dev's. theres maybe 2 left.

just saying... jig is up probably in 5.3. unless your partners are S class in skill and spec..gonna be rough for aff.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Yeah. You dont know what you are talking about. Move along!
    That 1500 bracket must be hard huh

DK/Ua/Monk, UA/WW/Resto

This is afflictions current state in pvp;

Affliction Warlock representation in 2v2: Amount of players above 2200 = 0%

Affliction Warlock representation in 3v3: Amount of players above 2200 = 0.5%

Last Database Update : 16 May 2013

You clearly know what you are talking about, mate
    How many comps you can play means nothing. Just play the right comp and you can achieve whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    How many comps you can play means nothing. Just play the right comp and you can achieve whatever.
    Thats not relevant to what im discussing at all. Try again

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 07:21 PM ----------

Ignorance is bliss

10+ Year Old Account

DK/Ua/Monk, UA/WW/Resto
    so you've listed a t3 and t4-5 comp..and called salty a 1500 player. lol.

some good stuff.

I have a feeling most of the wow community rather just QQ, and post on forums all day than actually play the GAME. If you love your class you play it... You look to become better in the current state, not look for insta gratification. I'd rather bust my ass achieving 2200 on a lock than facerolling some FOTM class after a month or 2 of practice.

I'm talking about 5.3. Monk buffs, dks unchanged, melee buffs yes but hey thats why you have a monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling most of the wow community rather just QQ, and post on forums all day than actually play the GAME. If you love your class you play it... You look to become better in the current state, not look for insta gratification. I'd rather bust my ass achieving 2200 on a lock than facerolling some FOTM class after a month or 2 of practice.

I'm talking about 5.3. Monk buffs, dks unchanged, melee buffs yes but hey thats why you have a monk.
    the problem is we want to play what we enjoy and be competitive well over 2200. different people have different gauges for fun in wow.. after 9 years i don't find it fun to que into a line of 2k thug cleaves a mile long and feel like avoiding comp farm is impossible..

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    the problem is we want to play what we enjoy and be competitive well over 2200. different people have different gauges for fun in wow.. after 9 years i don't find it fun to que into a line of 2k thug cleaves a mile long and feel like avoiding comp farm is impossible..
    Thug is pretty much gutted.. I understand that we all want to play at r1, but realistically you think everyone that posts and qqs here that their class is dog is even capable of being in that bracket?

I blame malefic grasp. I want shadow embrace back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thug is pretty much gutted.. I understand that we all want to play at r1, but realistically you think everyone that posts and qqs here that their class is dog is even capable of being in that bracket?
    1 - i was talking about this season.

2 - if that's their goal, yes i do.

According to rumours the pvp developers have said its impossible to buff affliction in pvp without messing up affliction in pve
    so affliction players will more or less have to change spec for pvp or just go with pve.

Lovely
    and this is why pvp power could make the balance diffrent. but said blizzard doesn't want to see. why not make pvp power give exttra dmg above the normal? or even give a afflicion only skill give a few extra%pvp power. doesn't effect pve in any1 buy will make affliction pvp better

Thats not relevant to what im discussing at all. Try again
    So what you're discussing is irrelevant. NO CLASS should just be the king of PvP and be able to substituted in anywhere and get rank 1. You have to play specific comps if you want to achieve high rating.

Deleted
    So what you're discussing is irrelevant. NO CLASS should just be the king of PvP and be able to substituted in anywhere and get rank 1. You have to play specific comps if you want to achieve high rating.
    Again.. totally off topic about what the discussion was about. Do you even read posts before you answer?

Again.. totally off topic about what the discussion was about. Do you even read posts before you answer?
    You said affliction is bad and linked some crap about how many Warlocks are above 2200, which is a stupid statistic that means nothing. So yes, I do read posts and now you're the one talking shit because you're ego is too high to admit you were wrong.