Tips for leveling warr 85-90 post 5.3o

so i've got a lvl 85 warr that im going to start leveling immediately after 5.3 is released, which spec should i go with? For pve/leveling only, which spec will be the fastest?

Deleted
    If you have rested exp I would recommend dungeons which means that instant queueing as a tank would be fastest. At least for the first two levels (if you are fully rested that is)

Except in very few cases, leveling a warrior = prot. Dont play defensive, kill kill kill. Arms and fury are nice higher lvl, but low level they can only pull a few mobs at a time at most. On my prot I can pull as many as I can get without them leashing, then chain pull everything else around me with the veng boost. If you have decent gear, dont forget to do some WSG as prot at 89...its pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    If you have decent gear, dont forget to do some WSG as prot at 89...its pretty fun.
    You can do them at any point from 85-89 because as of 5.2 everyone in that bracket is considered level 89 and it upscales your stats to match.

Deleted
    Actually when you are fully rested and have your XP-Gear on you will level from 85-89 just by doing every MoP dungeon + the dungeon quests.
    Not sure if the reduced XP requirement is enough to get you to 90 just by doing dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Arms.

It's rage generation problem seems to have been alleviated with the new TFB system. We have plenty of survivability vs PvE mobs, no reason to be Prot with the damage it does. Especially if you have the Swarming Cleaver of Ka'roz.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prot warrs lil mad, cus cant 1shot cloths anymore?! xD

Just quest/level trough instances....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    Prot warrs lil mad, cus cant 1shot cloths anymore?! xD
    Maybe you had trouble reading the patch notes.

Shield Slam now receives a 50% bonus to attack damage from attack power (down from 100%) for Warriors below level 85.

I also really don't think it's going to be as much of a nerf as you think it is to Warriors who still haven't acquired very much attack power in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You can do them at any point from 85-89 because as of 5.2 everyone in that bracket is considered level 89 and it upscales your stats to match.
    this is good though, but i wont be doing bgs.

im thinking about doing monkeyruns, your thoughts ?

I have a second warrior that's been at 87 since the xp reduction was announced (alliance alt hence I am leveling him for Double Agent achieve). Picked up a pair of the Swarming Cleavers from Dread Wastes for him and soon as you make it to 86, everything starts exploding when you hit them. If you can only manage to pick up one, you can level as arms just fine. Heck, the agi polearm from arch is a viable weapon just for leveling's sake (weapon damage alone blows away any str weapon from 85-89 with the exception of the Swarming Cleaver), but you would obviously want to replace it asap once you hit 90.

Could also prot it up and run dungeons like crazy; in fact I would suggest running one per day so you can get bonus rep with the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I have a second warrior that's been at 87 since the xp reduction was announced (alliance alt hence I am leveling him for Double Agent achieve). Picked up a pair of the Swarming Cleavers from Dread Wastes for him and soon as you make it to 86, everything starts exploding when you hit them. If you can only manage to pick up one, you can level as arms just fine. Heck, the agi polearm from arch is a viable weapon just for leveling's sake (weapon damage alone blows away any str weapon from 85-89 with the exception of the Swarming Cleaver), but you would obviously want to replace it asap once you hit 90.

Could also prot it up and run dungeons like crazy; in fact I would suggest running one per day so you can get bonus rep with the factions.
    what swarming cleavers?

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 09:44 PM ----------

oh nvm i know, the rare drops from treasure finds.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 09:57 PM ----------

i have Swarming cleaver x2 so i guess thats the best choice

Deleted
    I really don't understand the hassle.

You hit 85 a while ago and are rested.
    Make sure you are exalted in the guild you are in (join a leveling guild otherwise).
    Buy all 3 XP banners from the guild vendor and put them in a macro that activates your skull banner aswell.
    You move to panda land.
    The first you do is visit the vendor fish guy at the lake. That is him: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=61598
    You buy all the 372 items that you could not fill with cheap ilvl 372 items from the AH.
    You spec tank, get instant dungeon invites.
    You can do monkey runs until 87.
    After that you do every single dungeon and every single dungeon quest.
    That should get you to 90 or at least very close to it.
    You can visit another vendor and fill all empty slots with 403 greens if you like.

Next step is getting to ilvl 480 asap for ToT LFR. Pretty easy aswell.

Do pet battles with a lvl 6 beast against lvl 1 critters until 50 http://www.wowhead.com/item=90458#comments
    Change the 50 charms into 3 Mogu charms.
    Do Nalak and Oondasta and use 2 Mogu charms for bonus rolls for 4x chance on ilvl 522 items.
    Move to thunder island and do weekly dailies. What you are trying to achieve is getting 18 of these http://www.wowhead.com/currency=697#comments
    You really need those charms first otherwise doing old LFR will only be half as valuable. One of the best and reliable sources seems to be doing rare mobs on the island and farming those golden chests.
    Elder Charm of Good fortune sources:
    • Completing dailies that reward Arcane Trove or Sunreaver Bounty.
    • Killing mobs summoned by incantations at the Court of Bones, like Incantation of Haqin > Haqin of the Hundred Spears.
    • Opening treasure chests located around the Isle of Thunder, Trove of the Thunder King.
    • Opening treasure chests while completing Troves of the Thunder King.
    • Killing rare spawns, such as the ones needed for Champions of Lei Shen.
    In the meantime do dungeons/heroic dungeons and convert all justice points into honor points. Buy ilvl 476 pvp gear. Pvp stats do not affect the items stats so those items are superb.
    Once you have the 18 charms do old LFR raids, Sha and Galleon for 36x chance on items.

It should be possible to do this within a week. So your character should be ready for ToT LFR in week 2. After that and a bit more gear you can join some normal mode raids.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-05-23 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I really don't understand the hassle.

You hit 85 a while ago and are rested.
    Make sure you are exalted in the guild you are in (join a leveling guild otherwise).
    Buy all 3 XP banners from the guild vendor and put them in a macro that activates your skull banner aswell.
    You move to panda land.
    The first you do is visit the vendor fish guy at the lake. That is him: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=61598
    You buy all the 372 items that you could not fill with cheap ilvl 372 items from the AH.
    You spec tank, get instant dungeon invites.
    You can do monkey runs until 87.
    After that you do every single dungeon and every single dungeon quest.
    That should get you to 90 or at least very close to it.
    You can visit another vendor and fill all empty slots with 403 greens if you like.

Next step is getting to ilvl 480 asap for ToT LFR. Pretty easy aswell.

Do pet battles with a lvl 6 beast against lvl 1 critters until 50 http://www.wowhead.com/item=90458#comments
    Change the 50 charms into 3 Mogu charms.
    Do Nalak and Oondasta and use 2 Mogu charms for bonus rolls for 4x chance on ilvl 522 items.
    Move to thunder island and do weekly dailies. What you are trying to achieve is getting 18 of these http://www.wowhead.com/currency=697#comments
    You really need those charms first otherwise doing old LFR will only be half as valuable. One of the best and reliable sources seems to be doing rare mobs on the island and farming those golden chests.

In the meantime do dungeons/heroic dungeons and convert all justice points into honor points. Buy ilvl 476 pvp gear. Pvp stats do not affect the items stats so those items are superb.
    Once you have the 18 charms do old LFR raids, Sha and Galleon for 36x chance on items.

It should be possible to do this within a week. So your character should be ready for ToT LFR in week 2. After that and a bit more gear you can join some normal mode raids.
    my guild doesnt have all banners unlocked though,.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    my guild doesnt have all banners unlocked though,.
    Oh my this means what exactly? In the end you'll have to do a quest or even two more? Instead of just thanking Zork for that great post that's all you can throw at him?

I've never bothered with those banners (didn't thought about them to be honest) and still managed to ding 90 several times, before 5.3. With 30% xp reduction it shouldn't be a problem after all if you just go for it. Thanks to second wind warrior are probably already the "best" class to level (except pet classes of course) because dying is almost impossible and it doesn't really matter if you execute your rotation/priority system rather poorly or not when autoattacks (and some other passive stuff to be fair) already do half the work for you.

On top of Zorks suggestion i'd highly recommend buying some crafted pvp pieces, with 8-15 ghost iron bars per piece they are dead cheap and clearly help getting a decent base to work with right after reaching max level. And if you have some good/strong friends, then they can carry you through the heroic scenarios for a chance on a random 516 (for comparison: lfr is only 502) epic one time per day.

Ps: Sha boots = 476 and you get 502 boots later on when you're ilvl 480+ from the solo scenario questline
    PPs: if you happen to have a weak spot on your gear ... you can run the same LFR multiple times and use a bonus roll on every single kill of a particular foe
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-05-24 at 05:38 PM.