Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Last minute Patch 5.4 predictions

With 5.3 going live tomorrow, 5.4 could potentially hit the PTRs at any time. I figure that means it's time for a prediction threat so everyone has somewhere to refer back to when saying "I called it!" if they are ultimately proven right. Or just to laugh at how excessively optimistic and/or pessimistic other people's, or their own, predictions turned out to be.

My predictions:

1. The patch will be entitled "Heart of War"
    2. Stormwind, and possibly other cities, will be attacked by forces under the control of Garrosh. This will probably be part of the lead-up content rather then the raid itself.
    3. At least half of the SoO raid will take place below Orgrimmar in an expanded Ragefire Chasm
    4. The SoO raid will be structured to start off using bosses with very traditionally Horde themes and will become darker and less recognizable as belonging to the Horde the further players go.
    5. At least one boss will be a Mantid aligned with the Klaxxi.
    6. By the time we actually fight him, Garrosh will be infused with the full power of Y'Shaarj, but will be in full control of his actions.
    7. It will be left ambiguous as to whether a Horde or an Alliance character physically landed the killing blow.
    8. Vol'jin will become Warchief
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Sounds cool except for number 8.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Sounds cool except for number 8.
    Yeah, I find it more likely that the position of Warchief will be desolved, and the leader of the orcs will have a different title.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Vol'jin will become Warchief
    Why...just why so much love for Vol'jin? Just try to differ for once please.

- New difficulty 10 man becoming true, same difficulty as LFR but sharing lockout with LFR 25 man and 10/25 normal and heroic.
    - All old bosses from Vanilla till Cataclysm are available at Brawler's guild. For 10 man only.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Why...just why so much love for Vol'jin? Just try to differ for once please.
    Agreed. He is my last choice for a new warchief.

I like em all. I would have to say that a lead up involving some sort of attack on Stormwind would really be a nice way to build up drama towards the final assault. I had never even considered it until now though and it really is a good idea. Everyone's attention is on Org so why not send a force to assault Stormwind. It's the last big area of human influence in the world so even damaging it could cripple the human forces of the Alliance.

I really look forward to seeing what Blizz comes up with for this. A worldwide assault on a Horde capital city to oust the Horde Warchief...this is unprecedented and really deserves to feel epic. I said the same thing about the Deathwing fight and was sorely disappointed...I hope they learned from those mistakes.

Why, on Gods green earth, do people like Vol'Jin? I can even understand peoples love for Anduin, but Vol'Jin? And this guy being the Warchief?

Truly, the only point I like is the second one. I really feel like attacking Stormwind would be the thing, but sadly, the Alliance are playing the "good" in this expansion. And "Heart of War" title - dunno, sounds just bland after "Heart of Fear". And Garrosh being infused by an Old God... damn, sadly you are right. Blizzard can't spell "developement" without shouting out something about Old Gods.

Attacking Stormwind would be the most stupid idea ever in terms of lore. It's the main city of the Alliance; sure most of the fleet went to Pandaria, but still, it has to be a strategical and tactical breakthrough to be executed. And why would Garrosh do it, if he is being sieged in his town, making his last stand, with rebellion and Alliance surely blocking all ports. That's of course not counting the fact that he can't possibly have such large navy at hand, but that is not a problem for Horde-loving Blizzard, which conjures them army on the go.

Lor'themar Theron for Regent lord of the horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Varok Saurfang for warchief, please.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
    This times a million.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

In the closing cinematic, Garrosh and varian are duking it out, both obviously tired. Green meteors begin raining from the sky.

Warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sunreaver plot will be uncovered in either a tie-in short story, in-game event, or small quest series, setting up the culprit(s) as bosses in the siege.

Because the siege will be bland as all hell if all we fight are orc bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
    No. I think he'll die at the start of Patch 5.4 to let us know what the score is in the raid to come. That'd be so awesome...

Predictions sound pretty plausible, although I too dislike the idea of Vol'jin as warchief, and I think a council of war leaders is more likely. I hope Thrall doesn't retake the mantle, I'd rather he stay as the world shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Why, on Gods green earth, do people like Vol'Jin? I can even understand peoples love for Anduin, but Vol'Jin? And this guy being the Warchief?
    And I don't understand why some people don't like Vol'jin.

Some give him a hard time because it took him so long to reclaim the echo isles from Zalazane, but that was before Blizzard really got the hang of progressing the story within existing zones. Others blame him for not rebelling sooner, but a revolution isn't something to be done on a whim.

Ultimately, he's the one who saw Garrosh for what he was before anyone else was willing to. And when it came time to rise against Garrosh, he was the one who started the open rebellion, and it will be him who leads the Horde to battle in the SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Attacking Stormwind would be the most stupid idea ever in terms of lore. It's the main city of the Alliance; sure most of the fleet went to Pandaria, but still, it has to be a strategical and tactical breakthrough to be executed. And why would Garrosh do it, if he is being sieged in his town, making his last stand, with rebellion and Alliance surely blocking all ports. That's of course not counting the fact that he can't possibly have such large navy at hand, but that is not a problem for Horde-loving Blizzard, which conjures them army on the go.
    You are thinking too conventionally. There is no reason the attack on Stormwind couldn't, say, consist of a handful of Dark Shaman summoning a whole bunch of water elementals and Kraken.

Aside from that the basic premise that Garrosh is actually backed into a corner and making a final, desperate stand is actually not a sure thing. It wouldn't be the first time Garrosh has concealed his own capabilities in order to trick his enemies into making a strategic blunder. He did it at Theramore, who is to say he wants the Alliance and Horde rebels to send their armies to Durotar, so he can attack their cities while they are vulnerable.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

Truly, the only point I like is the second one. I really feel like attacking Stormwind would be the thing, but sadly, the Alliance are playing the "good" in this expansion. And "Heart of War" title - dunno, sounds just bland after "Heart of Fear". And Garrosh being infused by an Old God... damn, sadly you are right. Blizzard can't spell "developement" without shouting out something about Old Gods.
    But, but..but... he said he will kill garrush with arrow to the ass or knee or something. In a badass voice !!! And he has like awesum haircut (or hair-esy). And he speak like ret...like cool jamaican dude with all those bruddas and mons. And he's junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No. I think he'll die at the start of Patch 5.4 to let us know what the score is in the raid to come. That'd be so awesome...

Predictions sound pretty plausible, although I too dislike the idea of Vol'jin as warchief, and I think a council of war leaders is more likely. I hope Thrall doesn't retake the mantle, I'd rather he stay as the world shaman.
    A council is plausible enough, but if that is the case chances are that council will have a figurehead, and if for no other reason then tradition they will probably call that figurehead "Warchief". I really don't think Blizzard would of gone through the trouble of establishing Varian as High King of the Alliance if they were just going to turn around and drop the idea of even having a figurehead from the Horde.

i belive most of the gear sets will be a mix of horde and alliance looking tiers.

(maybe an alliance looking set for rogues based off si:7 or something, warrior set based off the korkron, death knight set based off teron gorefiend or something, warlock set based off gul'dan, paladin set based off uther, shaman set based off thrall ect ect )
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My points.

1. It'll be entitled Siege of Orgrimmar.

2. There will be 3 new daily factions like ToT had. One related directly to SoO, one for each faction related to stopping Garrosh's forces around the world

3. The raid will start at the Rebel base in Barrens, cut either north through ashenvale and azshara or east through durotar into Orgrimmar.

4. LFR will be divided up as follows:
    A. Siege of Orgrimmar - Leads up to the Gates.
    B. Capture the Capital - Covers up to the entrance of RFC.
    C. The Dark Horde - Covers what we currently know of RFC.
    D. The Engine of Nalak'sha - Covers the rest.

4. Garrosh will not be the final boss. Instead he will be second-last and in his dying moments will attempt to unleash the Engine of Nalak'sha on us. Leading to the release of the Sha of Pride, the real final boss.

5. We the raiders will get the official "kill" on the Sha of Pride, though we will not be shown in the cinematic (think the Wrath ending but without Tirion getting the killing below before the cutscene starts).

6. We won't find out who the new warchief is until 5.5 or 6.0, whichever comes next.

7. The gear will all have a very tribal and horde feel. Possibly with different color schemes based on the faction you play.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

If I'd seen him in 5.3 I'd have said maybe. But more likely he'll get a letter up in Northrend telling him "by the way, new Warchief."

But i hate the idea of the Horde being led by a council. It's a cop-out because Blizz doesn't want to offend anybody.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2013-05-20 at 08:19 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)