Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    [Megathread] Batman: Arkham Origins

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...gins-announced

    However, the lack of Rocksteady makes this unsettling...Also, Paul Dini is not writing it
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

  2. #2
    No Rocksteady is worrying, it may aswell be a totally different game with the Batman license.
    Not going to write it of because the previous 2 games were great but I cant see this being a positive move.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Mr. Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Peanut Gallery
    Posts
    371
    Eric Holmes, lead designer of games including The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype, is heading up the project.
    Consider me cautiously optimistic!

    A shame that those rumors about it being a Silver Age game were false, though.
    FIRE SKY BAR CHUCKLE SKY BUNNY BAR SKY CHARMER SKY DIAMOND DOLL SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY SKY

  4. #4
    I don't understand why they would take RS outta the picture. They made THE best superhero game, ever. What reason would they have to take it from them? Money talks I guess?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

  5. #5
    I got to say I watch a mate playing one of these Arkham games, and I wasn't that fussed tbh what do you guys find so great about it? or is it just the franchise?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    I don't understand why they would take RS outta the picture. They made THE best superhero game, ever. What reason would they have to take it from them? Money talks I guess?
    Maybe RS just wanted to do something else? But the suits have to keep a money making franchise going so they hand it to someone else.

    Lets just hope for the best.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Maybe RS just wanted to do something else? But the suits have to keep a money making franchise going so they hand it to someone else.

    Lets just hope for the best.
    This was my first thought as well, not that they didn't ask RS to do it but that RS didn't want to

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,636
    Yeah, being made inhouse at WB? I'll wait for the reviews after launch thank you.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    No Rocksteady is worrying, it may aswell be a totally different game with the Batman license.
    Not going to write it of because the previous 2 games were great but I cant see this being a positive move.
    ^This makes me fear that they will go the "assassins creed path" and have 40000 different studios developing one game each simutaneiously

  10. #10
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,274
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah, being made inhouse at WB? I'll wait for the reviews after launch thank you.
    My thoughts exactly...do not like.
    BAD WOLF

  11. #11
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,018
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    However, the lack of Rocksteady makes this unsettling...Also, Paul Dini is not writing it
    I purchased Batman : Arkham City one week ago in Steams sale. I had played Arkham Asylum aswell. I just recently got around to starting and finishing the game along with the DLC and i must say Arkham City was amazing. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were almost perfect games imo. Why the change of developer? They had sales , excellent reviews and video game awards by the dozens. Changing developer and writing team makes me suspicious. Oh well.

  12. #12
    I'm baffled that really noting is known yet, apart that it will be a prequel, yet you can pre-purchase already?

    In my opinion that's just checking in the cash because other developers made the 2 best superhero games till date.

    I'm hyped but also scared of what this will turn into.

  13. #13
    It isn't developed by Rocksteady so I'm not really all that interested. Hopefully it still turns out good, but I am not optimistic.

  14. #14
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I'm baffled that really noting is known yet, apart that it will be a prequel, yet you can pre-purchase already?

    In my opinion that's just checking in the cash because other developers made the 2 best superhero games till date.

    I'm hyped but also scared of what this will turn into.
    That's exactly what it is. Preorders are turning into a cash grab for dummies who don't do research before spending money. And it's not completely their fault when you have several companies and retail outlets offering limited time super awesome rewards of fun, but only if you buy this game in full before you can even read a summary on it. You want info on the game? Go to our website. There's a one screen flash animated picture that is proof this game is so awesome we don't even need to tell you about it.

    Buy buy buy now now now.
    BAD WOLF

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire strombae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Skyrim
    Posts
    419
    batman arkham continent
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    batman arkham continent
    They need to do Arkham State and Arkham Country before they get to Arkham Continent. Maybe Arkham County between Arkham City and Arkham State.

  17. #17
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    They need to do Arkham State and Arkham Country before they get to Arkham Continent. Maybe Arkham County between Arkham City and Arkham State.
    Arkham Metropolitan Municipality? B.A.M.M. Or we could do Batman Arkham Batcave for a little Arkception.
    BAD WOLF

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Consider me cautiously optimistic!

    A shame that those rumors about it being a Silver Age game were false, though.
    Those rumors were false to begin with because the Silver Age no longer exists, because the Anti-Monitor destroyed it. The closest DC could come to making a Silver Age DC game without serious retcons to their entire continuity would be an elseworld with similar characters.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Arkham Metropolitan Municipality? B.A.M.M. Or we could do Batman Arkham Batcave for a little Arkception.
    How about Batman: Arkham Breakfast Nook?

  20. #20
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,274
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    How about Batman: Arkham Breakfast Nook?
    Sounds delicious and intriguing. When can I preorder?
    BAD WOLF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •