I once had bronchitis, pneumonia, and a secondary infection at the same time. I nearly died.
This is WAY sicker than all that. I can't imagine something more awesome than all this.
I felt trolled by this trailer.
I heard that Batman gets another Voice Actor than Kevin Conroy for this game because it is a sequel and they thought that another voice would fit in. So I was looking forward to hearing this new voice.
Suprise: Batman does not say a thing.
No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates
trailer was actually very good.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
Trailer looks amazing, great villains (minus deadshot - yawn) but lack of Conroy is sad
Ugh. Curse you IGN! Stop toying with my emotions!
"Conroy wont be returning for Origins"
"Oh, unlike what we said earlier, Conroy has said he'll be returning"
"Actually - we were wrong sorry, we think he'll be returning but wont be the main voice for Batman"
So the box has Queen on it.
Green Arrow please be in it.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Trailer was great.
Too keen for this game.
Hopefully a new Dev doesn't cause it to suck, but I reckon it shall be great (except not having Hammil as the Joker)
We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.
Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
If you put a succesful franchise in a game-model that's succesful, why not? It's an action based beat 'em up game with stealth elements. I've loved every moment in "Arkham City". The story is almost compelling you to keep playing. It's so amazing. Keeps you playing, keeps you entertained.
If it's not your kind of game, sure, that's possible. But I realy suggest you to give it a try.
Batman has done something no other has. It's actually been doing great as a comic, games and movies. I cant think of any other that's done the same. Iron man games are horrible, superman games are horrible, etc.
I havent actually played any of the Batman games since it's not really my style of gaming, but I can tell it's a great game by looking at it objectively.
This game is probably going to be bought because it is the legacy of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, which were superb.
Now, whether or not I buy it right after release or 3 years from now entirely depends on how the gameplay footage eventually will be.
Still I stick by what I said earlier, I believe this prequel is just something to put out this year and we will see a real sequel in another year or so.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
im stoked for this
played a bit of the older 2
Skull Joke !!
Can't you people read? Kevin is voicing Batman, but not in Origins. In some OTHER Arkham game.
It's been 1.5 years since latest game in a very popular franchise. Fans want a new game, but with current transition to next gen, publisher doesn't wants to push out a mediocre game, while they don't want to make us wait and lose interest either. Current gen prequel is the only sane idea to keep fans satisfied, while original developer is working on a true next gen sequel. Prequel also kind of means (at least to me) not to expect something spectacular, but just another good game on a level of previous two (which has been confirmed by latest IGN video where some guy who played origins clearly states that it's exactly like previous two games, like it or not. I know I DO like it).
Two birds with one stone. Time for a REAL sequel and satisfied fans.
No rest for the wicked...
looks great. Have to see real gameplay though.
This thread needs a massive bump for the upcoming Game of the year 2013. Now jokes aside:
Let your enemies define you.
Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline occurring several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous villains and assassins, the game showcases a young, raw, unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, witness identities being formed and key relationships being forged.
Developer: WB Montreal
Consoles: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, WiiU and PC
Release Date: October 25th 2013
- Amazon: Playable Deathstroke DLC
Downloadable Content/Pre-Order Bonuses
- Playable Deathstroke: Comes with playable Deathstroke character, two skins and two maps. The Deathstroke pre-order bonus will be available from Amazon, other retailers to be confirmed.
- Knightfall Pack: PS3 exclusive. Comes with two skins for Batman, Azrael Batman and Adam West Batman, as well as two challenge maps "specific to the Knightfall storyline" and will have "appropriately themed characters and enemies."
Originally Posted by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS
Arkhamverse Expands with Prequel Story
And New Addition of Handheld Games with BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS BLACKGATE
Burbank, Calif. – April 9, 2013 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham Origins™ and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate™, the next instalments of the blockbuster Batman: Arkham videogame franchise. Batman: Arkham Origins will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system, the Wii U™ system, and Windows PC. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate™ will be available for the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. Both titles are scheduled to release worldwide Oct. 25, 2013.
Developed by WB Games Montréal, Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, the first two critically acclaimed games of the franchise. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals, the game showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships.
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is a 2.5-D game developed by Armature Studio that brings the Batman Arkham experience for the first time to Nintendo and Sony handheld systems. A companion game to Batman: Arkham Origins, players can continue the storyline of the console version and discover more details of the Dark Knight’s past.
“Batman: Arkham is a huge triple-A videogame franchise and we are delighted to expand the experience with Batman: Arkham Origins,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “WB Games Montréal has an incredibly talented team building upon Rocksteady’s award-winning gameplay and technology to deliver a deep, immersive, quality experience fans will love.”
“WB Games Montréal is honored to have the opportunity to create Batman: Arkham Origins, a new chapter in this amazing franchise” said Reid Schneider, Vice President and Executive Producer, WB Games Montréal. “We are huge fans of the franchise and are committed to creating an experience that offers players more of what they love, as well as the chance to play as a younger Batman within a fresh storyline and expanded world.”
Batman: Arkham Origins is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license. Fans can http://www.batmanarkhamorigins.com for more information about the game.
The Story of Batman: Arkham Origins
Set years before Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham Origins explores Bruce Wayne's early days as the Caped Crusader.
The game is set on Christmas Eve and Black Mask has put a fortune as random for Batman's head. The top assassins from the world, as well as the Gotham City Police Department set out to catch (or kill, for the assassins) the World's Greatest Detective. Batman must find out why Black Mask wants him dead and prove himself as an ally to the cops.
- The story will be written by Dooma Wendschuch and Corey May.
- Prior to Christmas Eve, Batman had been taking on mob bosses. He will have to up his game to survive the eight assassins out to kill him.
- The main inspirations of the game are Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight and Batman: Year One.
- When asked if the Joker's infamous version of Jingle Bells would be in the game, creative director Eric Holmes said, "No comment... One thing I can say to partly answer that is there's no Robin at this part of the continuity. There's no concept of Robin. Batman works alone." He also added, "Who knows, perhaps the first egg may be laid..." possibly referring to Bruce Wayne meeting Dick Grayson for the first time.
- The story has been described as 'Year Two' of Batman's career.
Cast and Characters
- Son of Carmine Falcone; he is captured by Penguin and zapped with a cow prod.
- Bruce Wayne's loyal butler.
- Anarky will have his own gang.
- Leader of the GCPD's SWAT team who are actively searching for Batman and plan to sell his body to the highest bidder.
- Batman will be voiced by Roger Craig Smith, who voiced Ezio in Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed series.
Commissioner Gillian Loeb
- The corrupt police commissioner.
- One of the eight assassins trying to kill Batman.
- He is a police captain at the time of the game. Batman and Gordon meet for the first time in the events of the game.
- Penguin is an arms dealer. He captures Alberto Falcone early in the game
- Penguin will have his own gang.
Roman Sionis/Black Mask
- Roman Sionis is the head of Janus Cosmetics and secretly the brutal and sadistic crime lord; Black Mask. As Black Mask he is the most powerful crime lord in Gotham City; Sionis inherited a family business related to cosmetics and turned it into a criminal enterprise. His main source of income are from his drugs and his base of operations is the Steel Mill.
- One of the eight assassins trying to kill Batman. According to Geoff Johns:, "There’s a story that [Deathstroke] has that opens us up to a bigger DC universe." Deathstroke will appear be a playable character.
- The Joker will be voiced by Troy Baker, who previously voiced Robin and Two-Face in Batman: Arkham City
- Interrogations will be in the game.
- Batman not as finely honed as he is in the previous games. He will make mistakes, such as choking a thug too much that he gets knocked out, but he learns from his mistakes.
- Detective Mode and crime scenes will return. There will be an emphasis on detective work.
- Batman will have all the moves he had in Batman: Arkham City but while the Batman in Arkham was 'Batman 5.0', the Batman in Arkham Origins has been described as 'Batman 0.9'.
- Added features include a tracking system for players' performance and a radio scanner, to keep track of criminals.
- Batarangs and Sonic Batarangs will appear.
- Batman will be packed with several gadgets such as the Remote Claw, which can target to objects and fire out a claw. This can be used to pull objects together, knock thugs into each other, slam heavy objects to foes, etc.
- The Remote Claw is actually one of Deathstroke's gadgets before Batman confiscates it after defeating him.
- Upon completing difficult side missions, Alfred may offer you new gadgets or upgrades to help you complete similar missions in the future.
- Explosive Gel will appear.
- Detective Mode has been overhauled, as has the upgrade tree.
- The FreeFlow combat system will return and the developers expressed that they will keep the mechanics largely intact. According to senior producer Ben Mattes, "If it's not broken, don't fix it."
- Added elements to the FreeFlow system will offer "new layers, new opportunities and new tactics."
- Predator sequences and takedowns will return.
- There will be new types of enemies.
- Deathstroke is one of the assassins out for Batman. He uses guns, a sword, a bo staff and other deadly weapons. He also uses the Remote Claw before Batman confiscates it from him.
- New enemy types, such as the martial artist thug, mix up the flow and logic of a battle, requiring back-and-forth combos until the criminal makes a mistake.
- Arkham Origins is set in an open world Gotham City.
- Gotham City is split into 'Old Gotham' and 'New Gotham'.
- Players can use the Batwing to fast travel.
- Gliding will return.
- The game is set on Christmas Eve so there will be snow.
- Hacked towers emit a jamming signal preventing the Batwing to fast travel to that area. Players must disable hacked network towers to unlock fast travel in that area, similar to Assassin's Creed's Viewpoints. It also prevents Batman's sensors from placing points of interest on the map.
- Hacked towers will require Batman's navigation, puzzle solving and combat skills to complete.
- There are dynamic 'Crime in Progress' events such as saving cops from a group of thugs, etc. This, among other activities, will reward players with experience points and respect with the GCPD.
- Players may go after villains outside the main storyline with the 'Most Wanted' system.
- The 'Dark Knight' system provides players with additional tasks, similar to Assassin's Creed III's constraints, which slowly escalates in difficulty as players progress through the game.
- Completing hacked towers reveals collectibles on the map.
- At one point snowstorms had an impact on gameplay but the feature was removed because "enemies [would] stand around waiting for you to punch them" and "[you would be] swinging wildly because you don't know where they are."
Locations and Landmarks
Old Gotham is the area that eventually becomes Arkham City, it is a mix of low-rent residential and industrial buildings. Old Gotham is split into five districts; the Bowery, Park Row, Amusement Mile, Sheldon Park and the Industrial District.
New Gotham is an entirely new area described as being more classy and having taller skyscrapers. New Gotham is split into four districts: Coventry, Diamond District, Burnley and a southern peninsula. It is a brand new, upmarket area of the city. Focus is tall buildings, catwalks and walkways.
A heavily guarded bridge separates the two areas.
- Jezebel Plaza
- Lacey Towers
- The Final Offer (Penguin's ship)
Achievements and Trophies
- Blurry photos of a poster appeared on computerandvideogames.com revealed possible villains in the game; Deadshot, Joker and Scarecrow were several of the characters on the poster. Update: The Joker and Deadshot have been confirmed, Scarecrow remains unconfirmed.
- Kotaku reported that Arkham Origins will feature a multiplayer mode where players can play as either the Joker's gang or Bane's gang, against Batman and Robin. Villains such as Deathstroke, Deadshot and others were also rumoured to be playable but none of this has not been confirmed.
- Kevin Conroy's return is unconfirmed. Update: Kevin Conroy has been recording for an Arkham game but not Arkham Origins.
- David Kaye's return is unconfirmed.
---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 01:40 PM ----------
I'm loving the voicework. I'm loving the Joker, I'm loving Bane. Hell I even like Black Mask.
Tbh, it still looks as if Rocksteady is making it.
---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 01:44 PM ----------
The extra skin things apparently.
That's a shame, Mark Hammil did an awesome Joker.