Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a question, have our lives become much busier over the years in general for every age group?
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Fair enough, though that calls into question all the people saying that the game is better now than it ever was.

Surely the game should be growing in popularity if it better than it was in 2004-10?
    Really?

You need someone to explain why this is not the case?

OK....

Every single person has a limit on how much they can do the "same thing".

And however much WoW has changed it is still raiding, it is still leveling up etc etc

I 100% think MoP is the it has ever been, I do think they overdid dailies at the start of MoP but that is my single complaint and they fixed it in 5.1 and in 5.2.

But I have been doing it for close to 9 years.

The pool of "fresh blood" is also getting smaller as WoW has more competition and WoW is not "the latest and most trendy MMO".

I don't know a single person who started playing WoW in MoP, I am sure they exist but the number is a lot lower than the number of people who started in say WotLK.

So all in all that means WoW has passed its peak and is in decline.

I don't think we will ever EVER see a sub based MMO with 12 millions subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    I feel pretty much the same. I never had any epics in Vanilla, and I was OK with that. Me and my guildies had fun running 5 mans. They were challenging and took up a good amount of time. They were basically raids for 5 people, they required coordination and at least a small understanding of your class and role. I went into MC once and downed Lucifron, that was enough for me and I never did a 40 man raid again.

Now what is there for a person like me to do? 5 mans are easy and there are only a few. LFR, Pet Battles and dailies are a joke.
    Did you catch em all yet? I sure as hell didn't , I whipped out my DS and played Pokemon.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Is the golden age of WoW truly gone? Days that are never coming back?

What do you guys think?
    Guys, I understand that you love the old WoW and It's your right....

But, for the sake of god, people who play this game or not and my mind health, stop with that!

I've good memories of this """golden""" age too but I've also bad ones and more you're "complaining" about this:
    -more I remember those awfull moments...
    -more I hate it and people who want to go back to this """wonderfull""" past...
    -more I want to protect the current WoW because It can be more joyfull than Vanilla!

That's my opinion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Really?

You need someone to explain why this is not the case?

OK....

Every single person has a limit on how much they can do the "same thing".

And however much WoW has changed it is still raiding, it is still leveling up etc etc

I 100% think MoP is the it has ever been, I do think they overdid dailies at the start of MoP but that is my single complaint and they fixed it in 5.1 and in 5.2.

But I have been doing it for close to 9 years.

The pool of "fresh blood" is also getting smaller as WoW has more competition and WoW is not "the latest and most trendy MMO".

I don't know a single person who started playing WoW in MoP, I am sure they exist but the number is a lot lower than the number of people who started in say WotLK.

So all in all that means WoW has passed its peak and is in decline.

I don't think we will ever EVER see a sub based MMO with 12 millions subs.
    Titan has potential considering it will be new and it's made by Blizzard. I put all my money on it if any MMO can.
    Hey everyone

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Mists of Pandaria seems pretty golden to me. Why would you want to downgrade to an earlier, inferior age?
    This sums it up exactly. You can't compare WoW 5 years ago with what it is today. The game is SO much more player friendly than it was in the beginning. Right now is truly the golden age of the game. Stop saying you "want to go back". No, we don't want to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I think that WoW will never be what it once was, thank God! The game itself is better than ever, there are tons more things to do, the ONLY downside is that the community that has become a bit less open and friendly than it used to be. But that's not the fault of the game itself.
    I'm sorry, but I think I wholeheartedly disagree, but not for the reasons you would think.

1) Datamining ruins the game as well as things like wowhead other than the purpose of talent calculators to play with etc. Why? It removes the mystery that makes a game like this fun initially.

2) Add ons the simplify the game. Plain and simple they make it overly simple. The game isn't remotely complicated yet people cling to add ons like they cannot live without them. This doesn't include things that just do some cosmetic changes etc.

3) PVP is crap right now. It has been for a long time. Vanilla wasn't great, but some points in BC were somewhat balanced. If you were to go back and look at the reps in some seasons they were somewhat level.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not untill wow 2

a couple things dragging it down right now
    1. To many homogonized abilites and classes
    2. Toxic players/elitest
    3. No new feeling, even in new content there just is no real mystrey to the enviornments. They look beautiful yes but there is no appeal to explore it like there used to be.
    4. Dead servers with little to no population. Cross realm zone dosent fix the core issue this poses as you can not raid current content with croass realm. Essentialy CRZ is a band-aid on a laceration in terms of very low populated servers.

Deleted
    I'm absolutely fine with people who enjoy the game as it is. I personally can't stand it, but that's my opinion.

I do think its a bit unfair to argue that legacy servers shouldn't exist because you wouldn't play on them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Let me give you a hint, your immersion has worn off because you've been playing the game for 8 years.
    So loss of immersion couldn't possibly have anything to do with a world full of menus, teleports, and content so easy a gerbil can beat it. (Determination, I'm looking at you.) Nor can it have anything to do with completely changed playstyles, swathes of removed content, or a team run by idiots who repeatedly demonstrate their ignorance of the game they are administering. It simply must be the age of the game!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Never,

Purely because of the "type" of player base we have now,

If you took everyone here, reverted the game back to Vin,

Shit would hit the fan, hell I made a thread asking about general thoughts, thought I was walking to my execution when I saw some of the replys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Titan has potential considering it will be new and it's made by Blizzard. I put all my money on it if any MMO can.
    I am not 100% sure Titan will be sub based though.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think I wholeheartedly disagree, but not for the reasons you would think.

1) Datamining ruins the game as well as things like wowhead other than the purpose of talent calculators to play with etc. Why? It removes the mystery that makes a game like this fun initially.

2) Add ons the simplify the game. Plain and simple they make it overly simple. The game isn't remotely complicated yet people cling to add ons like they cannot live without them. This doesn't include things that just do some cosmetic changes etc.

3) PVP is crap right now. It has been for a long time. Vanilla wasn't great, but some points in BC were somewhat balanced. If you were to go back and look at the reps in some seasons they were somewhat level.
    I agree with number 1 1000%. There is no mystrey to a new zone or new expnasion when you know everything about it 100% before it goes live. To add to this getting stratagey break down before dungeons and raids are even on live is a bit of a drag. Tankspot had stat videos for MSV already posted before MoP went live.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Is the golden age of WoW truly gone? Days that are never coming back?

What do you guys think?
    No, but that doesn't mean the best is yet to come, it just means the height of its popularity has passed. For all we know, the next expansion will be the best one yet, however unlikely that is. Everything changes, everything gets older, nothing stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I'm absolutely fine with people who enjoy the game as it is. I personally can't stand it, but that's my opinion.

I do think its a bit unfair to argue that legacy servers shouldn't exist because you wouldn't play on them though.
    My argument for legacy servers have nothing to do with me not wanting to play on them. But really this is the wrong place for that discussion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Been around since Vanilla here and aged 8 years with the game. Went from Finishing high school to attending university to entering the workforce and being married with first child since starting. Experienced all of its content except 6 months last year i spent in Ireland. Lots of great memories from each expansion as far as content though Imho they have only gotten better as far as boss fights and mechanics go. That's all I have ever played the game for and that's all I continue to ask of it. As long as I have a new tier of raiding to do every few months and a guild to raid with it's all I require to keep paying my 15 a month. I don't really have a preference in expansions but I don't get all the love for Vanilla that comes from most of the people that have been around since then. IF a lot of things remained the same from vanilla today I wouldn't have time to get anywhere with it honestly. I still remember how grindy it was. How long an AV was etc. FInding automated groups for 5 mans and the lfr tool are no concern to me.

5 mans have never been something id never spent more than the first couple of weeks with anyway after newly released and have always been done in guild groups. I also have no problem with LFR being added for those who don't raid for whatever reason to experience what I consider is the only reason to pay 15 dollars to play to begin with. You Aren't required to have a full set of LFR gear at the start of an expansions raid content to progress and you don't have to continue doing them later to progress. I have no problem with any of the changes that took place over the years in all honesty all I continue to ask for is new raid content with updated mechanics more the better imo. The one and only think I would like to see come back would be lockouts that are not shared between 10's and 25's. But whatever floats your boat i guess to each there own.
    Last edited by Waggles25; 2013-05-20 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreammage View Post
    This sums it up exactly. You can't compare WoW 5 years ago with what it is today. The game is SO much more player friendly than it was in the beginning. Right now is truly the golden age of the game. Stop saying you "want to go back". No, we don't want to go back.
    It might be more individually player friendly. But it is certainly not more community friendly. They have removed things that made you interact with each other and it has turned into a "Me! Me! Me! Whats in it for me?" game instead of just enjoying the journey and the people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cpenney15 View Post
    Been around since Vanilla here and aged 8 years with the game. Went from Finishing high school to attending university to entering the workforce and being married with first child since starting. Experienced all of its content except 6 months last year i spent in Ireland. Lots of great memories from each expansion as far as content though Imho they have only gotten better as far as boss fights and mechanics go. That's all I have ever played the game for and that's all I continue to ask of it. As long as I have a new tier of raiding to do every few months and a guild to raid with it's all I require to keep paying my 15 a month. I don't really have a preference in expansions but I don't get all the love for Vanilla that comes from most of the people that have been around since then. IF a lot of things remained the same from vanilla today I wouldn't have time to get anywhere with it honestly. I still remember how grindy it was. How long an AV was etc. FInding automated groups for 5 mans and the lfr tool are no concern to me.

5 mans have never been something id never spent more than the first couple of weeks with anyway after newly released and have always been done in guild groups. I also have no problem with LFR being added for those who don't raid for whatever reason to experience what I consider is the only reason to pay 15 dollars to play to begin with. You Aren't required to have a full set of LFR gear at the start of an expansions raid content to progress and you don't have to continue doing them later to progress either. I have no problem with any of the changes that took place over the years in all honesty all I continue to ask for is new raid content with updated mechanics more the better imo. The one and only think I would like to see come back would be lockouts that are not shared between 10's and 25's. But whatever floats your boat i guess to each there own.
    Well I'll defend old AV to the death, first big mistake Blizzard ever made in my mind regarding WoW. First of all, it felt more epic, like an actual war effort, you didn't have to stay the entire game (people are baffled by this for some reason) but instead you could leave after a while and go do something else and join the exact same battle later. I think out of all the things I've done in WoW, old AV has my best memories to date.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Not untill wow 2

a couple things dragging it down right now
    1. To many homogonized abilites and classes
    2. Toxic players/elitest
    3. No new feeling, even in new content there just is no real mystrey to the enviornments. They look beautiful yes but there is no appeal to explore it like there used to be.
    4. Dead servers with little to no population. Cross realm zone dosent fix the core issue this poses as you can not raid current content with croass realm. Essentialy CRZ is a band-aid on a laceration in terms of very low populated servers.
    I'm curious how much you think is because of actual dead servers/lack of mystery and how much is because there's SO much information out there for those (presumably us, as we're on the #1 site for info) who want to get it?

2004, the internet was pretty dead for gaming details. Walkthroughs weren't all that common, gaming sites were in their infancy - they best you could hope for were the forums on the games host site itself - and then it was mostly player on player help with very little Dev interaction.

2013, the internet is crawling with help - from simple walkthroughs to apps that practically do everything for you, and paid services to fill the niches. Google knows everything you'd want to know about the most minor of minor characters and if you want that really cool item you saw on some cross realmer, it's .2 seconds in a search engine to find out what/where/how.

Mystery is never kept long if you're wanting to find out what it means in today's day and age. I think that's where a lot of the Vanilla love comes from - the simple unknown factor because you didn't/couldn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    It might be more individually player friendly. But it is certainly not more community friendly. They have removed things that made you interact with each other and it has turned into a "Me! Me! Me! Whats in it for me?" game instead of just enjoying the journey and the people.
    Not what's in it for the guild etc. We all know, "where's my free mount BLIZZARD?!?!??!?!" >: (
    Hey everyone