Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Will WoW ever be what it once was?

Is the golden age of WoW truly gone? Days that are never coming back?

What do you guys think?

I don't think they will do a rollback on their servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post

What do you guys think?
    I think this question needs to stop being asked, as it has been asked with every patch and expansion ever put out, and no answer has ever been satisfactory to those who ask it.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Mists of Pandaria seems pretty golden to me. Why would you want to downgrade to an earlier, inferior age?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that WoW will never be what it once was, thank God! The game itself is better than ever, there are tons more things to do, the ONLY downside is that the community that has become a bit less open and friendly than it used to be. But that's not the fault of the game itself.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

No. It won't. Ever.

WoW moves forward, not back. Whatever you think the golden age was, it won't go backward.

This is in part because lots of people think that different ages were the golden one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope it will never be what it once was. But I'll always remember how it used to be. <3

Golden age right now, and imagine next expansion (if Its sargeras stuff)
    The only problem are toxic players and elitists

You can't go home again.

Define "Golden Age". To a new WOW player this IS the golden age. To a vanilla player it's not and never will be again.

Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope not unless the whiners leave, they continue to destroy the game not Blizzard. Blizzard listens to the people and they still bitch.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

WoW has in fact gotten better the problem is people looking at older expansions with nostalgia and saying that they were so much better when content wise they weren't. It was a brand new game and people got very immersed in it but after 10 years people are getting burned out and want something new and WoW can't provide because it's too outdated.

Of course it won't be the same as it used to be- change or die.

Regardless of your opinion of the quality of the changes, if WoW had stagnated back in it's "glory days" it would be much worse off than it is now.

No, WoW will never be totally new and unexplored again, sorry...

No I don't think it will ever be what it once was. I mean, for the life of me I can't imagine Blizzard would revert all of the good additions and great quality of life changes they've made to the game over the years.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post

What do you guys think?
    Yes the golden age is gone which everything has when its fresh and new, unfortunatly everything eventually fades.

Game is just too old, people have been there and done that. It will never have the same mystery or effect it once did, no matter what they do to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    WoW has in fact gotten better the problem is people looking at older expansions with nostalgia and saying that they were so much better when content wise they weren't. It was a brand new game and people got very immersed in it but after 10 years people are getting burned out and want something new and WoW can't provide because it's too outdated.
    I'd say you are mostly right. Though, IMO, it isn't because it is too outdated. Every MMO follows the same type of model. You level up, you do quests, you do end game stuff. Now, questing has been changed in other games as well as end game content, but the reality is, no matter what it is, people zoom through it and then go, done, now what? Outdated or not, many people are still going to get bored and bored fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Come over here, lads. I have a story to tell you.
    The children couldn't understand at first. But the fire was cozy, and they were cold. They sat around the old man, listening.
    -I... i remember.
    A tear dropped and ran down his cheek.
    -I remember WoW... i remember it for how it once was.
    He started crying, wailing out loud. The children all hug him. They knew that time wouldn't be back, and he did aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make it sound as it was the best thing ever, to you it might, but to someone who for the first time purchased this game and is entering their info detail, this would probably be the best thing ever. So yeah to allot of us who've been here since the start allot has changed, hopefully the experience and friendships would never fade