Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No. No it will ever be what it once was, but nothing ever will.

We are no longer impressed by the idea of a MMO. The technology for this kind of multiplayer is in every modern game.

I think the potential exists for it to become as good as it use to be for a lot of people. Especially if the next expansion is Burning Legion.

Deleted
    If you mean that time when everything was new, epic and fantastic?
    Then no, because the game aint new to you anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yet it appears a game that is now released without LFR, LFD is conceived as flawed - at least that is how I understood complaints in the subforums here about other MMos.

And.."consequences", REALLY? You pretend like 10 million people needed to interact in Classic or TBC to get anywhere. Well, really? When a handfull ever saw Naxx 40? When some 0,5 - 1% raided? Basically at those times 9-9.5 million were excluded from raid content. Only at the end of WotLK with a 30% buff and weekly raids in lower Instances we saw raiding participation rise clearly over a million.

So now with LFR maybe 2, maybe 3 million see raids. which still leaves about 6 million who do not even touch LFR (Blizzard numbers from DS were 2 million in LFR, 500 000 in nomal /HM - yes I would like LFR numbers from MoP, but alas....)

So...what is your explanation there? 75% of the population are not even exposed to LFR apparently...yet they also got infested by the "LFR asshole virus"?
    It's a virus because it killed a lot of server community, when you put cross server into it then it builds this form of anonymity, people are assholes as a whole when anonymous.
    Hey everyone

I played during Vanilla (go look at my feats of strength I have blood guard in there)

I started a little while after release (think a few weeks) I was playing eve online when my brother and some of mates just started on wow. I caved in and bought the game. Never looked back. I have "quit" a few times mostly either due to burn out or being bored. I still come back and mops content has been very good. I dislike daily quests. The storys locked behind them are very good but i disliked the daily grind. Never liked it even during TBC I rarely did daily quests.

I loved vanilla for all of its flaws.
    I loved TBC for all of its flaws.
    I loved Wrath for all of its flaws.
    I kinda meh about cata as I was pretty much afk for it all did some heroic raiding at the start and got burned out and quit until just before mop release
    Loving MOP despite its flaws.

The games changed a lot. Mostly for the better, LFD/LFR fit my play times perfectly I can jump in and get a group with out having to sit in ORG all day spamming/watching trade. I can go about the world farming mining nodes or doing a fucking horrible daily quest for some tokens for extra rolls. Hell I can even pet battle (tonight I will be smashing up Kara ssc TK for some pets)

Some things its gotten horribly wrong, Daily quests, 10man and 25man sharing locks and being same "difficulty" Imo 10 should be beer league and thus open to more pugs/casual guilds. Lack of 5man content but I hear heroic scenarios appear fun.

As much as I enjoyed TBC and vanilla I would not bring back mandatory attunements, resistance gear (seriously fuck you blizzard my bank space is for transmog not resistance gear!) and hybrids = healers. Awful things that were in Vanilla/TBC that were removed by the time Wrath game along (tbc helped hybrids a lot and wrath hit the final nail in the head!)

I would like class quests we have seen the warlock one I would like to see more. Certainly I would like them to bring the hunter/priest ones back even if it was purely for Transmog. I would prefer it if those were brought back and upgraded to level 90 and the items given a slight recolour. That would mean the 60 variant is still the rare one but other players can at least do some engaging content.

Overall though im pleased that they are leaning more to the casual player now and after cata fail and some early mop fail (daily quests and some gear cockblocks for alts) we look to be back on track to wrath style.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    And LFD provides a form of anonymity because most the people you play with aren't from your server therefore no bad reputation. Ever played LoL, it's the same kind of thing, make anyone feel somewhat anonymous then many of them become dicks.

You basically just said something you could do before LFR, finding that one spot in Trade chat or LFG chat (before it was removed) wasn't that hard. You make it sound like the hardest thing in world. AND THEY ARE NOT IMPROVEMENTS!!!! NOR WITH THEY EVER BE!!!! Community is at an all time low due to those implementations. Cross-server shit is the bane of this game, it ruined a lot of the game.
    Maybe myself and basically everyone I know who plays are some rare exceptions, but, I don't find LFR/LFD to be all that toxic. Sure, I've had some really bad experiences. But, I've had those in every expansion. I've had people need on gear they can't wear or for offspec in every dungeon of the game since launch. I'd rather deal with the occasional derp and be able to instantly replace them without leaving the dungeon or having a delay than have the occasional derp and be required to go back to a capital city to hopefully find a replacement. I remember plenty of nights in vanilla/tbc during which I would sit in a LFG or Trade chat channel waiting to find a group. Most nights I'd go to bed having done maybe one dungeon, and that was usually just the daily heroic in TBC. If it was shattered halls, I knew I wasn't playing that night.

You'll never convince me otherwise that the systems improvements have been for the worse. The community has gotten worse, but I think that would have happened anyway, and the systems have allowed the game to function in spite of the toxic player base.

CRZ is the only system I don't like. I don't like it because it's not seamless, not because of what the feature promises.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Launch = Vanilla
    Rise = TBC
    Stagnation = Wrath
    Decline = Cata + MOP
    Collapse = ???
    Collapse = Titan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    It's a virus because it killed a lot of server community, when you put cross server into it then it builds this form of anonymity, people are assholes as a whole when anonymous.
    This person about summed it up nicely, and the people who say a game is flawed without it are the ones who are too afraid to form their own groups or the people who want to treat others like crap to make themselves feel better about their shallow existence.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Difference with WoW today and back then, the devs now know what they are doing. oh plate with spirit and agility, how I miss you.
    I will never forget the day I found a shield that gave a bonus to Shadow Spell Damage.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Says the guy who didn't have to level daggers for HOURS at level 80 after being a Combat rogue since launch day.
    But that's an emergent problem as a result of Blizz boosting leveling speed through the roof. When it took ages to level, you had plenty of time to level your weapon skills along with your character. It's a type of problem WoW has seen again and again since Ghostcrawler took his current position: make a change that makes part X of the game easier but as a side-effect breaks part Y, then come along six months or a year later and go, "Omg! Y is broken and no fun, so we're going to remove it!" Then rinse, lather, repeat until the game is a shadow of what it used to be.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I call bullshit on this point. I've played WoW since the beginning and people that acted like asshats in Vanilla still got raid spots and cleared content. This point is SO ridiculously blown out of proportion and it's frankly just not even true.
    Can you prove it? I can prove this to be a true fact simply because toxic people are incapable to co-operate. That's simply a fact. How can hostile trolls progress? They cant unless they are boosted or are playing with their own kind. Either way, even if they progressed, people had the ability to choose if they want to progress with them or not. That ability alone is gold itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Can you prove it? I can prove this to be a true fact simply because toxic people are incapable to co-operate. That's simply a fact. How can hostile trolls progress? They cant unless they are boosted or are playing with their own kind. Either way, even if they progressed, people had the ability to choose if they want to progress with them or not. That ability alone is gold itself.
    He can't prove it anymore than you can. Its all 1st hand experience. I know of two trolls that always managed to sucker people into their pugs and these guys even ran guilds. True they were rubbish guilds always stuck in MC never clearing the place. But they still managed to worm their way into BWL pug runs that were somehow being made.

Most of the "pugs" were Onyxia, ZG and sometmies aq20. One particular troll who was an undead rogue was always doing Onyxia, and master looting it and taking all the loot.

It will never be the same, though different opinions will put different points of the game higher than others.. to some that golden age might be right now.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    My question is will it ever get a high player base like it 2010 that all realms were mostly full and had loads of guilds and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajin91 View Post
    My question is will it ever get a high player base like it 2010 that all realms were mostly full and had loads of guilds and stuff?
    The game still (mostly) has the player base of 2010 - it might not seem so because the game doesnt require you to play 8 hours every day anymore, so people log on and do their thing and log off again.

15+ Year Old Account
    All good things must come to an end.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no true golden age. only a couple of memories that are truelly golden and so much more to come, fighting garrosh and the last sha, wrathions plot to unfold, the invasion of the burning legion etc etc.

I'm happy to have done certain events and raids when they were current content, opening of Ahn Qiraj, Illidan, Yogg Saron and Ragnaros, just to name a few, but they are memories now, good memories and there are so many more to be made.

why people constantly want to go back to what was, with the expectation it will be just as good as they remember or just as good as it was the first time, i just dont understand.

Deleted
    Iv played since 'vanilla' and I honestly feel there's more to do in the game now than ever before. The content is coming at a faster rate and there's all sorts to do outside of raiding or PvP. I hated Cataclysm but MoP is by far the best expansion since TBC for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Is the golden age of WoW truly gone? Days that are never coming back?

What do you guys think?
    personal experience and "being a noob" is what most people connect with the "golden age of wow". it´s entirely different from person to person so no, it won´t come back for obvious reasons

Deleted
    Ive played since vanilla too..
    The game ist bad or anything buy people dont rely on other people nowwhich made the game longer,
    All the farming,and times were u log on and just do things to meet new people and quest with them
    I remmember stuff like boosting each other and stuff

now u only need ur self,ANd now with the low pop servers people have died even more....

What we really need is not 5-10 levels but more with the Old TBC stuff like,The Lore in MoP is great,But it lacked stuff like you needing attonments and long quest chains to do stuff.

And ofcourse people like my self,when i was 14 i played non stop cause i just had school till 2 came home played,had summer break and stuff...

Now its Work,With the girlfriend and out parting. so what happend is people matured and continued with life and its difficulties,
    I still play wow becasue after all those memories i just done want to play another mmo to take its place.

So since im now a casual player the new stuff is quite nice like LFR and stuff makes me get into the game it self not just level alts and stuff.

all i wish is for more players to b online and rely more on other people rather then taking the easy way.

Why would u need LFD if people were looking for everything trough chat again?