1. #1

    The sha-touched gems

    Not the Meta gems for helm, I mean the weapon ones introduced earlier. Are they useless now or is Blizzard letting us use them somewhere else since sha-gem slots don't exist anymore?

  2. #2
    The sha touched more than just gems.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire TheFNK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, dodging bullets
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Not the Meta gems for helm, I mean the weapon ones introduced earlier. Are they useless now or is Blizzard letting us use them somewhere else since sha-gem slots don't exist anymore?
    Currently only used for the Sha-Touched weapons from T14. Always a possibility that things will come full-circle in Siege of Org and there will be Sha-Touched weapons there too.

  4. #4
    Keep them in the sha touched weapons since there were rumors of sha touched weapons turning into legendaries at one point. Especially when someone asjed the question and the gm danced around the question. Typical blizzard could happen response.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Keep them in the sha touched weapons since there were rumors of sha touched weapons turning into legendaries at one point. Especially when someone asjed the question and the gm danced around the question. Typical blizzard could happen response.
    That was only ever baseless speculation about a datamined item which had already been scrapped. The Sha-touched weapons from T14 will never be used again.

    The gems may end up being used in 5.4, but it's unlikely.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    That was only ever baseless speculation about a datamined item which had already been scrapped. The Sha-touched weapons from T14 will never be used again.

    The gems may end up being used in 5.4, but it's unlikely.
    i am fairly sure a dev said ´hang on to them´ when asked about the gems themselves... or something to that affect. But probably not, it would be weird to punish players who naturally upgraded their weapon. I void storaged my sha-weapon just because it is kinda a unique thing in wow so far..

  7. #7
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    i am fairly sure a dev said ´hang on to them´ when asked about the gems themselves... or something to that affect. But probably not, it would be weird to punish players who naturally upgraded their weapon. I void storaged my sha-weapon just because it is kinda a unique thing in wow so far..
    Would be worse if they were actually needed, and they didn't make a statement telling us they would be needed, then all those folks that have probably DE'd or vendored them would have to go back and grind them again.. makes no sense to do that.

  8. #8
    Just dump your sha touched stuff in your bank and forget about it for a patch, soemthing will happen with them in 5.4. Mind you chances are you will have to buy a new gem for it knowing blizz and their love for gold sinks this expac.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Would be worse if they were actually needed, and they didn't make a statement telling us they would be needed, then all those folks that have probably DE'd or vendored them would have to go back and grind them again.. makes no sense to do that.
    meh...you could just go back and get them restored lol.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Not the Meta gems for helm, I mean the weapon ones introduced earlier. Are they useless now or is Blizzard letting us use them somewhere else since sha-gem slots don't exist anymore?
    blizzard told us to hold onto them, so its possible they will be used in some way

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Would be worse if they were actually needed, and they didn't make a statement telling us they would be needed, then all those folks that have probably DE'd or vendored them would have to go back and grind them again.. makes no sense to do that.
    except they did tell us not to throw them away that "you never know when a gem may come back in style"

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:23 AM ----------

    maybe instead of the typical red/blue/whatever color gems the legendarys will have a bunch of sha touched gem slots
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #11
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzard told us to hold onto them, so its possible they will be used in some way

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:18 AM ----------



    except they did tell us not to throw them away that "you never know when a gem may come back in style"

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 12:23 AM ----------

    maybe instead of the typical red/blue/whatever color gems the legendarys will have a bunch of sha touched gem slots
    Yes he did vaguely mention something in a very ...vague way in a place where a majority of players will never see it. They'd have to be a bit more straight to the point and perhaps even mention it in game so that everyone that plays has a chance to know to keep it. Bit late for that now.

  12. #12
    I kept my first sha touched one hander in the event it's required as a reagent for whatever the last step is, but I wouldn't be shocked if the last step is yet another grind to make a weapon, since we haven't actually had a weapon to make in this chain, and 5.3 actually sees us getting something that isn't either a gem or a socket. So yes, I kept mine, but I have a feeling it won't come back into play since you can buy everything you've earned thus far.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    i am fairly sure a dev said ´hang on to them´ when asked about the gems themselves... or something to that affect. But probably not, it would be weird to punish players who naturally upgraded their weapon. I void storaged my sha-weapon just because it is kinda a unique thing in wow so far..
    You can buy a new gem from Wration I believe, but it was quite expensive.

    Considering Garrosh is planning to use the Sha as a weapon, it really wouldn't be surprising at all to see Sha-touched weapons in SoO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •