Deleted

Oh don't worry about your output, we want your CDs!

This title sums up my raiding.
    I played a shaman in 5.0, in 5.2 I was asked to switch to healing and thus I tried my monk out, now monk wasn't my thing, at all. So here I am raiding as a resto shaman and so far it's been like "Oh we understand that your output is lower than any other fucking healer in the game because blizzard has some personal beef with resto shamans, but we do like your cooldowns so that's more or less why you're here."
    Now I seriously bloody hope there'll be some drastic changes to restos in 5.4, because as it stands right now it's not fun at all to play a raid cooldown vendor, and that being all you do.
    Or am I completely wrong? am I just shit for not smacking them priests and paladins over the head and shoving my awesome healing down their throats?

/endrant

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/hps/

Big numbers are attainable on many fights, as you can see by the logs. No one ever reached them by hitting the forums with "LOL SHAMMIEZ SUK AMIRITE?". People do reach those numbers by using WOL to break down each fight and see what people did to get better. General improvement is obtained by specific research every week, every boss, and attention to detail. No one shows up and owns those WOL records the first try, they're constantly scheming for the next improvement and possibly cheesing their numbers a bit where the opportunity presents itself. I find people with legitimate complaints know what the problem is specifically, and can cite that problem with data to back it up.

TLDR: "Bro, do you even WOL Bro?"

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    [url]

TLDR: "Bro, do you even WOL Bro?"
    Don't be so facetious on these forums please. The OP is clearly expressing his frustration at raid organisers understanding shamans are in a bad position, yet only bring them for their CD's, and hopes to see some changes in 5.4. Posting a link which shows 8 shamans in the top 10 out of all the fights isn't saying anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that almost all of those parses are single healed normal modes or pulls so short that they are healed with nothing BUT our cd's I'd say your WoL shaming isn't doing anything to provide an answer to the OP. The story he is telling is something a lot of Resto Shaman are dealing with right now. We aren't put in a position to succeed because we are the stack healers in a spread out tier. The few rankings that we do get are from people deliberately cheesing fights. We can at best hope to work twice as hard to do 75% as much healing as the top healers. So just stop with the WoL nonsense. You are taking people to task for not properly reading logs and understanding the problem while at the same time NOT READING THE LOGS AND UNDERSTANDING THE PROBLEM!!!

Shamans are not the best DPS but they are not the worst either - and in 5.3 you get good buffs.
    Not sure why would you care about "top 100 dps" when a casual joe will never reach anywhere close to it.
    And as long as you get to see the content on normal/hc and contribute to your guild and do a decent amount of DPS - why do you care what your raid wants you for??

Besides, shaman dps has always been about buffing/off-healing and useful utility totems - topping the meters is usually done by Mage/Rogue/Warlock/Hunters (or temporarily op hybrids).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Shamans are not the best DPS but they are not the worst either - and in 5.3 you get good buffs.
    Not sure why would you care about "top 100 dps" when a casual joe will never reach anywhere close to it.

Besides, shaman dps has always been about buffing/off-healing and useful utility totems - topping the meters is usually done by Mage/Rogue/Warlock/Hunters (or temporarily op hybrids).
    Ummmm this thread is about Resto Shaman and healing.

And yes Ele is one of the lowest casters and Enh was by far the lowest melee before the buffs. Our utility was gutted. The hybrid tax is dead. We'll see where we are all at after 5.3. But again. Not a conversation for this thread.