Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW on the New Xbox?

According to a reliable source that said he accurately predicted the entire launch lineup for the Xbox 360, WoW will most likely be announced for the new Xbox at tomorrow's event. He has leaked the following details:

-It will be one of the systems major launch titles
    -It is designed to show how powerful the new Kinect is
    -two different play styles: Traditional and Motion
    -Traditional play: Plays just like how WoW currently does. Use your left hand you move your curser over the buttons on yor action bar. Use your right hand to control where you walk.
    -Motion play: Immitate the attack animtions in real life to use the attack in game. Walk in place to control where you move. Act like you're putting on armor to equip the armor in game. This mode is recommended for hardcore players.
    -2 player local or 5 player online co-op
    -All the raids will be altered so they can be done with 5 people.
    -The game will start at Vanilla, and will eventually catch up to the PC version through DLC.
    -To make it worthwhile for those who already own the PC version, there will be 2 new exclusive races: The Furbolg and Jinju for the Alliance and Ogres and Hozen for the Horde. BLizzard knows there is a demand to play as these races and hope that their longtime players will be happy to hear they will finally be playable.

Please take all this with a grain of salt. This is just what I've heard. It wouldn't surprise me if it was true because of the source, but it's not a sure thing until there's an official announcement.

Erm...no. Unless it will come with a keyboard/mouse with the console itself, that's not happening. WoW isn't designed for controller use. Like, at all.

D3 will be on the Nextbox, but not WoW.

Also, who is this reliable anonymous source?

15+ Year Old Account
    -It is designed to show how powerful the new Kinect is

Haha...hahahahahaha!

I read this over and over and can't stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Erm...no. Unless it will come with a keyboard/mouse with the console itself, that's not happening. WoW isn't designed for controller use. Like, at all.

I said it uses the Kinect, not a controller.
    Sorry, the source wishes to remain anonymous for fear of his job. I don't know him personally, but I know someone that does.

Highly Doubt it tbh specially with the "exclusive" blizzard wouldn't Alienate there Customers like that. Specially since players have been calling out for it, they would lsoe ALOT of subs

Nope. Me getting an Ironman suit for myself sounds more likely and less terrible.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna believe just to see Blood legion flailing around trying to kill Garrosh and laugh while I use my PC version like anyone with a brain would.

Reliable source? No, just no. 99.9% (repeating of course) that this false. Besides any "partnerships" Blizzard has with consoles is with the Playstation as seen with the Diablo series recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedigimon View Post
    Sorry, the source wishes to remain anonymous for fear of his job. I don't know him personally, but I know someone that does.
    This too screams fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    That "pinch of salt" is pretty damn small in my opinion.

This means they've re-written wow, new graphics engine, etc ~ would be easier to re-do rather than reverse-engineer, so yeah... I'll risk being called cynical when I say... "not bloody likely"

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

unless he tells the source I feel this thread should be closed but that is my 2 cents.

Because all this thread will do is try to start rumors or a argument.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to gut WoW and then put handicap wheels on it for an Xbox to play it. And I don't want to deal with the XBox-live crowd.

Raiding/PvPing without a mouse and keyboard is like playing with a hand tied behind your back. No one would be willing to play with someone that disadvantaged. Same with any RTS. No one will take you seriously at a competitive level.

So there's this guy that maybe knows a guy that knows some information? On the internet? Well shit, looks like we're really getting all this mumbo-jumbo.

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

I honestly believe this after the Diablo thing, and this can be a less mmo like game for the casuals to get into the world of warcraft!

Oh wow, I skipped that part.

BUAYHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAWSHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHA

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. I know they've improved the Kinect, but unless they got around a 1000% improvement in motion tracking, recognition, and better tracking points (more of them at least), this would be completely unplayable (like every other core game that tried to use Kinect).

Not to mention, I'd love to see people dancing all over their living rooms for 3 hours while they raid. Fucking hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomenommer View Post
    I honestly believe this after the Diablo thing, and this can be a less mmo like game for the casuals to get into the world of warcraft!
    Diablo always felt like it could be played on consoles. WoW would require a complete, absolute overhaul.

Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, NO NO CAST FIREBALL NOT PYROBLAST
    I'M MAKING THE RIGHT MOTION DAMMIT WHY IS IT NOT CASTING FIREBALL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Id love to take some of what your "source" is taking because man it must be good. More on topic, Id have to say this is just BS

15+ Year Old Account
    The amount of rage that would commence if they give xbox vanilla realms and not PC...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Diablo always felt like it could be played on consoles. WoW would require a complete, absolute overhaul.
    The funny thing being that even though Diablo 3 felt like it was made with a console port in mind it STILL required an overhaul to be ported to consoles. The task of overhauling WoW would be mind-blowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that just sounds 100% legit.