1. #1
    Mechagnome lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    562

    5.3 RBGs what will you do guys ???

    Well this xpack i decided to go more pvp way.
    I really wanted to do RBGs
    Turned out Warrior was and is so shit for it that ony spots i could get was FC.
    So what are Your plans to do after 5.3 ??
    I am considering un-sub after 7 years of paying with 2 brakes for SWTOR and Diablo 3.
    Not like ANYONE will take Fury warrior for RBGs will they ???
    And 2v2 suck balls hard never liked 3v3 or 5v5 :/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Well this xpack i decided to go more pvp way.
    I really wanted to do RBGs
    Turned out Warrior was and is so shit for it that ony spots i could get was FC.
    So what are Your plans to do after 5.3 ??
    I am considering un-sub after 7 years of paying with 2 brakes for SWTOR and Diablo 3.
    Not like ANYONE will take Fury warrior for RBGs will they ???
    And 2v2 suck balls hard never liked 3v3 or 5v5 :/
    I'll be playing Fury PvE SMF and TG PVP. I went 12-4 last night at ~1750 rating 2's. Not incredible, but it's not bad. Play whats fun- not what's best. I bet I'll still beat whatever class is the FotM just because I'm decently skilled. You might just not be the best warrior, but you'll get there with practice.

  3. #3
    Rbgs ? As melee ? Unless you're a dk willing to call targets there is no place for you in rbgs. Blame the idiotcrawler.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Rbgs ? As melee ? Unless you're a dk willing to call targets there is no place for you in rbgs. Blame the idiotcrawler.
    Pretty narrow minded- I'll give you a narrow minded response- get better, scrub. (Inb4 Infracted)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JediWarrior View Post
    Pretty narrow minded- I'll give you a narrow minded response- get better, scrub. (Inb4 Infracted)
    Yes, definitely take a warrior to an rbg team over a mage, lock or healer. What was I thinking ?!

  6. #6
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,634
    Quote Originally Posted by JediWarrior View Post
    Pretty narrow minded- I'll give you a narrow minded response- get better, scrub. (Inb4 Infracted)
    I really hate these idiots. There is no level of expert that will make bringing a warrior better then a lock mage moonkin shadow priest or Ele shaman in RBGs. High rated players know this, and stack casters.


    To the OP, at this point in the season, with the catch up system now, there is no real need to RBG, so I will just do arena.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  7. #7
    arms fc will be viable, u can stack stam up to 550k hp on ptr and sit in defensive stance.

    3's is fun now and hopefull will still be fun.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I really hate these idiots. There is no level of expert that will make bringing a warrior better then a lock mage moonkin shadow priest or Ele shaman in RBGs. High rated players know this, and stack casters.


    To the OP, at this point in the season, with the catch up system now, there is no real need to RBG, so I will just do arena.

    If you're implying that OP is a high rated player, sure, maybe you're right. But as far as I'm concerned, a very small portion of players are high rated and have a consistent RBG group. To the people who play it for fun, or just to cap conquest, I'll take a solid melee that might be underpowered over an average caster, but that's just me. I don't do many RBGs, just regular BGs, with the occasional arena, and I don't try too hard to get past 1800 rating. I understand the reason for stacking casters, but I'm not going to say that warriors have no place in high level rbgs just because the class isn't as viable. There's more to the game than your class, but that's just my opinion.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JediWarrior View Post
    I don't do many RBGs, just regular BGs, with the occasional arena, and I don't try too hard to get past 1800 rating.
    I'm glad that despite not even being part of or interested in high-ranked pvp you still feel entitled to plant your horse dung on the topic.

    On topic: Will be trying out being arms sword and board carrier as well, resilience gems (even after nerf) coupled with the returning 25% defensive stance makes me hopeful that we can still hold our own as carriers, to some extent.

  10. #10
    Ah yes, the guy who thinks that just because someone doesn't play high level pvp means they can't have an opinion. My opinion is my own. I play WoW 3 nights a week to raid, cap conquest and valor. If I wanted to do high rating pvp and rbg's, I would. I'm plenty talented at Arms, Fury and Prot, and have excelled in the few RBG's I've done, which were ~1800 rating. I'll take a player who's extremely talented at his class over some everyman mage who think's he's an all-star for being able to cast frost bomb. In a situation with people of equal skill, you're right- warriors would probably get the bench, but that's no cause for unsubscribing just because warriors aren't #1.

  11. #11
    Epic! Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    1,686
    I feel your pain. 490 ilvl atm on my warrior and getting into my guids rbg team is just not going to happen as arms, not now, not ever. I always believe in bring the player and not the class but honestly no room for melee atm.

    All i can say is thank god for my boomie...

  12. #12
    Mechagnome lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    562
    Anium i see same situation
    I got FULL s13 and last reset passed 27k conquests so i am decked out with 2xtyrannical and shield+1h
    I got whole second set of gear gemed and enchanted as fc.

    After 2 hours of spam for RBGs i gave up yesterday. Maybe can get something going today :/

    anyhow i un subed yesterday cause of this shit. Got 3 days left so will check patch out and decide if iw ant to pay them 9f for this piece of shit patch.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsword View Post
    On topic: Will be trying out being arms sword and board carrier as well, resilience gems (even after nerf) coupled with the returning 25% defensive stance makes me hopeful that we can still hold our own as carriers, to some extent.
    That are my hopes exactly. But when i look at those warlocks in "tankform" with a pet standing somewhere on another level getting healed without interruption i already feel somewhat lackluster in 5.2, but only time will tell.

    Other than that: unless you're aiming for some higher level of pvp/rbg you can always bring one mediocre specc and still got enough pressure from the stronger classes to make up for that. While there might be enough warlocks/owls/mages/shadowpriests to fill the need, there are not enough competent players for all rbgs searching. Having a fresh frostmage versus a Ziqo with experience of 9 years of play makes a world of difference, most mages i encounter while capping in 2s pug teams can't apply enough pressure/time their bursts properly. Or having a shadow without enough awareness when it's better to heal/support than to dps, etc. i could go on for a while. Else: if you really get nowhere i'd think about starting your own team, building a network etc. That might take some time/effort but can be worth it in the long run.

    On arena: i'd highly recommend getting into 3s, it's a totally different experience not being one of only two targets to go for and allows us to play our cards out noticeable better. 2s will always end up being somewhat retarded for us warriors with the lack of spamable CC.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Well this xpack i decided to go more pvp way.
    I really wanted to do RBGs
    Turned out Warrior was and is so shit for it that ony spots i could get was FC.
    So what are Your plans to do after 5.3 ??
    I am considering un-sub after 7 years of paying with 2 brakes for SWTOR and Diablo 3.
    Not like ANYONE will take Fury warrior for RBGs will they ???
    And 2v2 suck balls hard never liked 3v3 or 5v5 :/
    This plagues all melee with the exception of the god of melee: the dk. Not much choice if you are hellbent on playing melee.
    Last edited by Day Dreamer; 2013-05-22 at 09:50 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •