Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    My plan is to upgrade my jinrokh HC MH weapon. Leave my tortos normal weapon alone. Simply because we can get jinrokh and we are doing well In my guilds tortos progression.

Also I would say in terms of difficulty my guild sees it as jinrokh>jikun>horridon>ironqon>tortos

But yea. HC MH first then HC Tier legs for me. But I will prob wait with leg upgrade untill after we have cleared TOT just to see what we can kill on HC.
    Last edited by mmocb31713e772; 2013-05-21 at 04:24 PM.

We found Tortos easy but Horridon hard. I think it is a function of you guild's composition. We took 3 weeks break to gear up a new bunch people and should be pushing progression again on Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    1. Heroic Thunderforged Weapon
    2. Heroic Weapon
    3. Heroic Thunderforged Belt
    4. Normal Tier Chest
    5. Normal Thunderforged Helm

I would sit on your remaining 500 VP + this week's 1k VP for future upgrades.

Also, surprised you have Tortos Heroic before Ji-kun. it was my understanding that order was Jinrokh > Horridon = Ji-kun > Iron Qon > others

If you want the most dps from upgrading, upgrade:
    1: Main Hand
    2: Off hand
    3: Chest/Helm/Pants/Trinkets
    4: Shoulders
    5: Belt/Hands/Boots
    6: Bracers/Cloak/Neck
    7: Rings

That's basically a listing of what items give the most stat budget. Rings obviously have a lot less stats, so upgrades on them don't give you as much as upgrading a chest.

Now, if you're looking to "Future-proof" yourself, and not waste valor while maximizing as much damage as possible. Just follow the above, run through it for all H-TF items, then do all your H items, then TF, etc. Although, I wouldn't upgrade rings unless they're at least heroic, they really don't get a lot of stats for 8 ilevels.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-05-21 at 06:32 PM. Reason: moved trinkets up one

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Also, surprised you have Tortos Heroic before Ji-kun. it was my understanding that order was Jinrokh > Horridon = Ji-kun > Iron Qon > others
    I found Tortos far easier than horridon, we did Jin rokh > ji kun > tortos > horridon > qon

For my 10-man, I'd say difficulty was:

Jin'rokh < Ji-kun < Tortos < Iron Qon < Horridon < Council < Twins (??? after)

My guild had the derps for Horridon. We spent way too much time on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey collision, wouldn't trinkets provide more than chest or helm?

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Hey collision, wouldn't trinkets provide more than chest or helm?
    I moved trinkets up one slot, I had a brain lapse. Stat-budget wise, trinkets are equal to them, but not better.

Feather is probably a special case, due to synergy with our cds and the bad-luck RPPM changes, but it doesn't actually have a higher stat budget than chest/helm/pants.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-05-21 at 06:39 PM. Reason: wording

The reason I didn't suggest upgrading OP's trinkets yet is because OP has several bis/near bis items and hopefully will be getting heroic Ji-kun down this reset, allowing him a chance at a Heroic Feather and Heroic Tier Pants. If no Heroic versions of those items drop OP then I'd suggest upgrading them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weps>Trinks>chest/legs give the biggest increase. That being said, moderate risk/reward based on what you have and what you expect to replace soon. In my case I'm more likely to upgrade my heroic legs than non heroic chest, for example.

I think my RL farted out his brains when he head banged horridon for 3 weeks. Would have farmed Jikun for 3 weeks and probably kept 10 good dps (who gave up after head banging)

That's it. If we still don't down H horridon this week, I'm gonna unsubscribe him.

We now run 3 fury warriors in our main team which means 4 warriors if we prot tank. There should be a special achievement for this..

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I think my RL farted out his brains when he head banged horridon for 3 weeks. Would have farmed Jikun for 3 weeks and probably kept 10 good dps (who gave up after head banging)

That's it. If we still don't down H horridon this week, I'm gonna unsubscribe him.

We now run 3 fury warriors in our main team which means 4 warriors if we prot tank. There should be a special achievement for this..
    Yeah, doesn't help that almost every night we've attempted Heroic Horridon we have to use a different tank from before. Last night we had our main Blood tank on Horridon the entire them (thank god for 2 Holy Paladins) then my Guardian Druid (OS from Resto) and, towards the end of the night, another Blood Dk (OS from Unholy and was our biggest damage on adds). Doors 1-3 I think are fine now, Warlords could die a little faster, but ugh, fuck door 4.

Horridon decided to slit his own neck yesterday. We finally downed him.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2045&e=2708

Virgin kill. We took a step back 3 weeks ago and revamped our raid composition.
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-05-22 at 11:51 PM.

after upgrading 7 items to 2/2 this week i feel like the drop in valor makes a huge difference in my choice to upgrade a piece or not with 9 items left and 2 pieces upgraded a week id have to make a major jump in progression to really feel like i was dropping a huge investment into a piece i upgrade. a lot better then holding valor to cap and deciding if the 1k valor spent to upgrade an item was worth it each week like in 5.1