Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Challenge Modes as a Frost DK

Helloooo,

I'm gonna be running some challenge modes soon (that gear looks sick) and need to ask a few questions to the more experienced DK's in this field;

1) Would it be worth going Haste > Mastery > Crit since the trash really matters in CM's? *This is 2h of course*
    2) DW or 2h?
    3) What comp did you guys run with when you completed them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, as both DW and 2H you probably want to go Mastery > Haste > Crit for CMs. It really doesn't make too much of a difference if you go DW or 2H, it just depends on the strength of your group. If your group has a ton of AoE already, it might be worth it to go 2H (but still go mastery over haste).

My group was prot pally, destruction lock, feral druid, resto shaman, and me as DW frost. Comp won't really matter too much unless you're trying to get ranked, though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symph View Post
    Yep, as both DW and 2H you probably want to go Mastery > Haste > Crit for CMs. It really doesn't make too much of a difference if you go DW or 2H, it just depends on the strength of your group. If your group has a ton of AoE already, it might be worth it to go 2H (but still go mastery over haste).

My group was prot pally, destruction lock, feral druid, resto shaman, and me as DW frost. Comp won't really matter too much unless you're trying to get ranked, though.

We're just going for the golds in the timeliest manner possible and then drop them, no ranks or any of that bullshit.

Looks like we'll be going Prot and Ret Paly, me (frost dk obviously), Mage (not sure what spec) and a Mistweaver, maybe disc priest.

Deleted
    Ran 9/9 golds as 2h frost, prioritizing haste > crit > mastery, used my normal raiding gear.

Setup used was: 2h Frost dk (me), Ele shaman, WW monk, MW monk & Prot paladin.

It's definately doable as 2h frost with normal stat priority, but I think you can squeeze out a bit more dps going for a more mastery oriented build due to all the trash you can and should aoe. never got to try it out though.

With the gear available (In case you have done some raiding) containing many sockets, CMS has become pretty easy + there is strats out there that is very simple. However there is a few things you need to make sure of - The legendary gems and such wont effect you in there. So remember to equip weapons that have better stats or boost from a racial - For example as a human you would want to use a sword if possible. Also your normal stat prio should do just fine, and if you know how to play frost you wont be holding your group back from gold. Also I would like to add that you can save your group from a little grief if you have the chances of bringing only 1 melee, as melees are horrible for cms However - Good luck with getting gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vun View Post
    Ran 9/9 golds as 2h frost, prioritizing haste > crit > mastery, used my normal raiding gear.

Setup used was: 2h Frost dk (me), Ele shaman, WW monk, MW monk & Prot paladin.

It's definately doable as 2h frost with normal stat priority, but I think you can squeeze out a bit more dps going for a more mastery oriented build due to all the trash you can and should aoe. never got to try it out though.
    U do realize that crit is the worse possible stat to reforge in as frost DK weather 2H or DW, its haste/mastery/crit or mastery/haste/ crit last. Crit is worthless for frost DK that's what killing machine ect is for.

Quote Originally Posted by tazdog View Post
    U do realize that crit is the worse possible stat to reforge in as frost DK weather 2H or DW, its haste/mastery/crit or mastery/haste/ crit last. Crit is worthless for frost DK that's what killing machine ect is for.
    Elitist jerks :Strength > Yellow Hit to Cap = Expertise to Cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery

noxxic : Strength > Expertise (7.5%) > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Crit > Mastery

askmrrobot : Strength > Expertise (7.5%) > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Crit > Mastery

3 different theorycrafting sites says your wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tazdog View Post
    Okay. My sims and every guide I've read says otherwise though, so gonna stick with that.
    But now we're derailing the thread so let's keep it at that, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vun View Post
    Okay. My sims and every guide I've read says otherwise though, so gonna stick with that.
    But now we're derailing the thread so let's keep it at that, thanks.
    I tried both (in PvP i´ll admit).. Difference is not really to bad DPSwise, but crit stacking is good for the burst (PvP)