Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Unholy Might nerf is going live

    Unholy

    Sudden Doom now requires the Death Knight to be in Unholy Presence to activate the effect that causes Death Coil to cost no Runic Power.
    Unholy Might now increases the Death Knight's Strength by 10%, down from 15%.

    I thought GC said on Twitter a week or two ago they were reverting the Unholy Might nerf?

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,335
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/ These -should- be the up to date patch notes. According to them Unholy Might is untouched.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/ These -should- be the up to date patch notes. According to them Unholy Might is untouched.
    ^^ Got there first.

    Read the official notes, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post21180155 or the ones above. Pay little attention to the unofficial ones because they're in a state of flux.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Jack Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cold hard streets of New York.
    Posts
    55
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/967...otes-5_20_2013

    Says they are, I'm assuming these are the offical patch notes as they we're released the day before the patch.

    Stoop change.

  5. #5
    Oh I beg to differ. They likely missed it. There is an overwhelmingly large chance that 5.3 will go live with Unholy Might at 10%, since it's 10% right now on the latest PTR marked release, both on the tooltip and in-game. Removing an 899 strength weapon dropped AP by 2076, do the math.

    Now it is indeed 15% in the patch notes, so that's what they intend it to be. I fully expect to see a thread on the forums and GC tweets tomorrow asking for a 5% UM hotfix.

    Edit: Ahh, nice catch Jack. So they changed the patch notes. It's supposed to be 10%. Without the earlier strike buffs I expect this to be a substantial nerf for Unholy.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    854
    Think I speak for everyone when I say "FFS"

    ...twittered GC and holinka, doubt I'll get a reply.
    Last edited by vmagik; 2013-05-21 at 02:45 AM.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  7. #7
    With how ridiculous DKs are in PvP, can't say I'm sad. But honestly, it would have made more sense to leave in the nerf to Necrotic and keep Might at 15%,

    Blizzard logic.

  8. #8
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Think I speak for everyone when I say "FFS"

    ...twittered GC and holinka, doubt I'll get a reply.
    Holinka replied

    "@jonmaund Yes it has been reduced from 15% to 10%"

    So... Without the strike changes it's just a standard nerf, guess I'll have to wait until Wednesday to see how much of an impact it has.
    Last edited by vmagik; 2013-05-21 at 03:43 AM.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  9. #9
    I just want to know what the reasoning is behind the nerf.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Without the earlier strike buffs I expect this to be a substantial nerf for Unholy.
    Damn.

    My question is for those who are able to run the figures (currently at work myself) - will UH continue to beat frost by a fair margin, or will it have the effect of bringing it down to somewhere around Frost?

  11. #11
    Wow... you have got to be kidding me, 5% str makes hell of alot of difference, im just completely shocked.

    Unholys are not even REMOTELY overpowered, they are "viable" why do they need to be nerfed? Blizzard doesn't make promises for squat, this just CANNOT BE HAPPENING, it just cannot go undone. Nerfing a class (spec) that doesn't need nerfs just shows that blizzard knows what they're doing (haha..... not).

    In all, im just gonna go caster and faceroll... DONE DEAL
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-05-21 at 04:22 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Wow... you have got to be kidding me, 5% str makes hell of alot of difference, im just completely shocked.

    Unholys are not even REMOTELY overpowered, they are "viable" why do they need to be nerfed? Blizzard doesn't make promises for squat, this just CANNOT BE HAPPENING, it just cannot go undone.

    In all, im just gonna go caster and faceroll... DONE DEAL.
    Good Idea, our guilds melee gear range alts as we farm Heroics for the next tier since we have them run their alts then gear their melee toons later in progression.

  13. #13
    So basically unless the fight requires Gorefiend's Grasp bring Rogue over every other melee?

  14. #14
    Not sure what the big deal is. Frost isn't that bad.


    Injected | <Void> | US #28 | Laughing Skull US

    14/14H - Recruiting for WoD


  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Inject View Post
    Not sure what the big deal is. Frost isn't that bad.
    I don't like frost, its a simple faceroll spec that is easy to play and basically simple to pull off #1 dmg, unholy is an awesome playstyle that interests me and is basically my life (no not really).

    Man... that 5% str is like saying the 5% of the unholy strength got blown away from a tornado (blizzard represents the evil tornado killing many innocent lives).
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-05-21 at 04:37 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Inject View Post
    Not sure what the big deal is. Frost isn't that bad.
    Most of us played Frost all of last tier and some people 1. want a change of pace or 2. actually enjoy the unholy playstyle. Unholy wasn't very viable last tier and was highly gear dependent and most serious raiders could not maintain a spot playing anything but frost. This tier, Unholy was finally fixed and sitting in a good place.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Most of us played Frost all of last tier and some people 1. want a change of pace or 2. actually enjoy the unholy playstyle. Unholy wasn't very viable last tier and was highly gear dependent and most serious raiders could not maintain a spot playing anything but frost. This tier, Unholy was finally fixed and sitting in a good place.
    I guess I was just a little thrown off when people started to say that Frost was miles behind Unholy. That's all I've been hearing lately from various places.


    Injected | <Void> | US #28 | Laughing Skull US

    14/14H - Recruiting for WoD


  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I don't like frost, its a simple faceroll spec that is easy to play and basically simple to pull off #1 dmg, unholy is an awesome playstyle that interests me and is basically my life (no not really).
    I love people who say frost is faceroll, as if unholy is even complicated to play.
    I switched to unholy one raid and easily did like 20k+ dps on every fight and I had no idea wtf I was doing.

    Still not on the level of warlocks or anything though but that's another issue.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Inject View Post
    I guess I was just a little thrown off when people started to say that Frost was miles behind Unholy. That's all I've been hearing lately from various places.
    On most fights I beat our 2h frost dk.

  20. #20
    So.. should I still change to Unholy or stay Frost o-o

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •