Is 4set t15 worth it for Frost DK's?

As the topic says, is the 4set worth it for frost dk's?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...knife/advanced

My current gear on my DK. Im however curious to know you guys opnions on the 4set. Considering to drop 2 pieces for offset pieces. I see other dk's that just goes for 2set, but im not sure if they're just unlucky with drop, or know something i don't. I can't find any information on wich is the prefered way.

I'm not an expert, but with Soul Reaper being our strongest attack (in terms of damage vs cost), being able to use it 10% earlier into the fight seems like a big DPS gain. On top of that you get the extra damage from it benefiting from KM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisaknife View Post
    As the topic says, is the 4set worth it for frost dk's?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...knife/advanced

My current gear on my DK. Im however curious to know you guys opnions on the 4set. Considering to drop 2 pieces for offset pieces. I see other dk's that just goes for 2set, but im not sure if they're just unlucky with drop, or know something i don't. I can't find any information on wich is the prefered way.
    SR is still a frost DKs hardest hitting attack IIRC, even if you don't factor in the "half an obliterate" cost. Previously, if given the choice it was "KM OB>SR>OB" and now, because it benefits from KM you don't have to worry about choosing.

I seem to remember numbers that showed the DPS increase from 4pc was pretty similar for both unholy and frost so, yes I'd say it's worth it.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

Depends on the pieces really. I dropped 4 pc in order to switch from 522 tier helm/gloves to a 541 helm/535 gloves - very worth it, especially seeing as I also dropped all my overcap hit. For DW it's questionable going from 535 -> 541 simply because overcap hit isn't worthless (white swings) but for 2H/unholy (especially if using council sword/feather) I think it's very worth it.

Also depends on the fight mechanics. Is 50% the start of the dps check? Stick with 4 pc. Is it the start of the fight? Drop 4 pc. Etc.

Unless you have the absurd Ra-Den chest and heroic/thunderforged crit/haste shoulders and helm, I'd stick with tier for Frost.

I personally only use 2pc over 4pc, but I'm Unholy.

It will depend on which offset pieces you have. I assume you don't have access to Ra-den, so in that case you will definitely be sticking with tier legs and chest, since they don't have hit. After that, if you can get heroic/thunderforged Tortos shoulders and/or Animus helm and Qon gloves, then I would swap those in and stick with the 2-piece. But if the choice is 522 offset pieces vs 522 tier then stick with the 4-piece. Just try to drop the helm or gloves to get your hit rating down to something that isn't absurd.