Dealing with people you don't like

I know in this big adult world we must learn to work with all sorts of people but, there are some exceptions I hope. In a student organization that im in there was a situation that occurred that led to the immediate deactivation of our president, now we have a new one and I don't like him. Don't get me wrong he is a good guy but always starts our chapter meetings and board meeting very late.

I mean starts at 7:00 don't get started till 7:30. Board meeting are even worse he has no control over anyone and our "brief" meetings will take 2-3 hours cause people keep telling personal stories that interfere with the business at hand.

I don't like his leadership style and as an adult I must suck it up, we can't remove him he has a 60 day immunity to being removed. Anyway personal stuff aside how do I deal with those people in the real world? I don't want to be that guy that complains to the boss everytime I don't like someone. Any tips?
    Last edited by Hogmanlolz; 2013-05-21 at 02:03 AM.

In the real world, you quit or talk to your boss. Throwing someone else under the bus (who needs to be thrown there), is a great way to success.

First tip: Use paragraphs. They help.

Second tip: In the real world, you learn to live with it or you don't. You either find a way to make it work, whether it's dealing with them the least amount possible, speaking to them about it, speaking to your boss about it or whatever - or you change jobs. Depends exactly how much they annoy you and how good an actor you are I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about instead of bitching to a superior you actually approach the person with whom you have a problem?

???

???

Like seriously, how the fuck is this even a question. The guy is most likely new to being a president of an organization, try and help him in instead of fucking getting him fired you unkind person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

it's not being unkind. he's a president of a company who cannot control the people he works with. he's not fit to be in the position he is in. but 1st I'd address him 1on1 if it don't change go over his head

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    it's not being unkind. he's a president of a company who cannot control the people he works with. he's not fit to be in the position he is in. but 1st I'd address him 1on1 if it don't change go over his head
    He is a student who is learning the ins and outs of leadership.

Seriously, talk to him. Offer your assistance, if you have time to help him. Recommend some books on leadership and time management.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Not everybody has the same expectations of a certain position. Perhaps he feels that he's being a great leader by getting people personally connected with those stories and reducing stress by having relaxed meeting time constraints. This guy seems to be quite passionate about his role in the student organization, so why fire somebody who has a chance to change and succeed before redressing his issues?

You don't always know why people act the way they act. If the leader is a "good guy", like the OP said, then he will probably listen to constructive advice as long as it's presented as constructive. If he fails to adapt, then he's certainly not fit to be in that position.