1. #1

    Has anyone seen the DS LFR queue pop since MoP?

    I noticed you can still queue for DS LFR at 85. Out of curiousity I queued for DS LFR as a healer, tank, and DPS at the same time on my level 85 pally and waited about 3 hours before getting bored and logging. I wonder if it ever pops.

  2. #2
    I can't see it being very popular, I haven't checked it out myself but wouldn't have the patience to wait it out.
    Kibblet Infectionate Serenades Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Taxiporte Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Shoctologist Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,751
    I really doubt anyone would bother with it since you can get the same itemlevel of gear more or less from greens in Jade forest. Someone that didnt experince DS when it was current probably will do it on the normal version when they max to 90, for luls and transmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I really doubt anyone would bother with it since you can get the same itemlevel of gear more or less from greens in Jade forest. Someone that didnt experince DS when it was current probably will do it on the normal version when they max to 90, for luls and transmog.
    Most people wanting it aren't doing it for the ilvls, they're doing it for the color swaps of the gear that's LFR-only.

  5. #5
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    218
    Queueing for the raid via LFR is only available to level 85 characters (I think?), so the subset of eligible players will be very small indeed.

    Most of the current crop of level 85s will be dusty old alts from Cataclysm, and unlikely to be wanting a Dragon Soul run, or if they're freshly levelled toons they'll be racing on down the home straight to endgame.

  6. #6
    if you actually want to do this, your best bet would probably be to make posts on the super high-pop forums and see if you can get enough people together to form a CRZ raid and queue en-masse.

    however, transmog gear not being account-wide would make this unlikely to succeed.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Baylife
    Posts
    10,620
    I was actually just wondering this the other day. I'm a big transmog fan and have been leveling a new mage. I really like the T13 LFR colorization of that mage tier, but not the other modes. Bums me out that it's such a huge pain/near impossible to try and get. Would be nice if they put the LFR versions into the game in some other manner, but I'm not sure how they'd go about it or if it'd even be worth their time.

  8. #8
    Yeah I wish they'd let you queue for the old LFR tier. Will all the LFR gear in MoP be unobtainable in expansion 5? That would suck, sometimes the LFR colours are better... and as of next patch LFR ToT gets a unique pet :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah I wish they'd let you queue for the old LFR tier.
    I don't really see why they enforce a maximum level to LFR. Oh no... LFR is too... easy ?

    I can imagine there may be bugs needing fixing to allow for higher levels, but those bugs are likely duplicates of ones in Normal/Heroic anyways.

  10. #10
    I wish I could get into a DS on one of my alts. I never got the mage glove tokens, so her set is incomplete. I tried queueing up several times, but while there were enough DPs, there were little/no tanks or healers. Looks like she'll never get her gloves for transmog unless Blizz makes them attainable some other way.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    Btw: *Tanaan, *Farahlon, *Arakkoa. Not that hard.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Lushious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I wish I could get into a DS on one of my alts. I never got the mage glove tokens, so her set is incomplete. I tried queueing up several times, but while there were enough DPs, there were little/no tanks or healers. Looks like she'll never get her gloves for transmog unless Blizz makes them attainable some other way.
    It should not be much of a hassle to implent it, like how some of the TBC tokens can be used for PvP gear and PvE gear
    FC: 2809-9067-8996
    Grass safari with: Ivysaur - Pansage - ???

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    It should not be much of a hassle to implent it, like how some of the TBC tokens can be used for PvP gear and PvE gear
    I was thinking the same thing. The tokens from normal could be used for both normal and LFR colors. Done. Problem solved. My mage could be complete and my OCD could calm down.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    Btw: *Tanaan, *Farahlon, *Arakkoa. Not that hard.

  13. #13
    Got a scroll of ressurection a month ago with my main account, since i only did first half of the raid (left the day 4.3 hited live) i tryed to queue for it during a entire week without seeing a single group being formed .

    I guess without a mass pre-arranged group its nearly impossible to do DS with LFR.

  14. #14
    People predicted exactly this a year ago. The combination of maximum level (85 in this case) and minimum ilvl and the required number of healers when most people leveling don't have healing gear makes LFR completely useless as a leveling and catch-up-tool - unlike 5 mans. But clueless devs did it their way and now have to live with the consequences.

  15. #15
    I think they ought to allow the option to walk into a raid on raidfinder difficulty on your own without queueing for it. I doubt anybody does t he DS one anymore.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 09:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    People predicted exactly this a year ago. The combination of maximum level (85 in this case) and minimum ilvl and the required number of healers when most people leveling don't have healing gear makes LFR completely useless as a leveling and catch-up-tool - unlike 5 mans. But clueless devs did it their way and now have to live with the consequences.
    Um...old raids have NEVER been relavent when it comes to leveling up after their expansion. Nobody ran Ony/MC/BWL for gear to use once BC came out. Nobody was looking for BT gear to use in Northrend when it came out. Nobody runs DS or Firelands normals now that MoP is out. LFR was never intended as a leveling tool. Raids have NEVER been a leveling tool in general. LFR serves two purposes: as a catchup mechanic WITHIN its own expansion, and as a means for those without the time/interest to do normal modes to see the story and content. LFR was never intended to gear characters going into MoP, raids have only ever been designed to be relevant within their own expansions.
    Last edited by Malzra; 2013-05-21 at 02:46 PM.

  16. #16
    What they "should" do is apply the gear scaling technology they currently have for challenge modes (and now pvp stuff) to old raids so that 90's can queue up for old raids. I don't know what gear would drop or what the reward would be, but i'm sure many people would use it.

    Or perhaps scale old raids up to current levels, and then cap the gear level at something 502 to match current LFR levels then award "transmog lookalikes" and valor. Perhaps even make it a random queue system for all Vanilla - Cata raids?
    "I never met a miner who complained about the weather"

  17. #17
    If a Dragon Soul LFR ever did pop, you would most likely end up with a group that couldn't get past the trash on Ultraxion.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vacating
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    I noticed you can still queue for DS LFR at 85. Out of curiousity I queued for DS LFR as a healer, tank, and DPS at the same time on my level 85 pally and waited about 3 hours before getting bored and logging. I wonder if it ever pops.
    I tried it a while after MoP came out and got into Fall of Deathwing without any real problem queued as dps on my lock. Then wiped repeatedly on Ultraxion as the group was unable to get two tanks who could do Fading Light. Bailed after about 3 hours, never tried it again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •