Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Have any of you been to Amy's Baking Company?

I have got to hear how bad it really is from person perspective.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not me, but I just watched the show this morning and ill be sure to stay far away from that place if i ever go to Arizona lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Not me, but I just watched the show this morning and ill be sure to stay far away from that place if i ever go to Arizona lol.
    Go there and film it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Go there and film it.
    Or burn it down.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Saw the KN episode. I would love to go there just to watch the craziness up close. I wouldn't instigate anything, though. No, not me.

I live in arizona and i would never go there

BUT it looks like there is no such thing as bad publicity seeing that her grand opening has had about 1500 people trying to book a seat

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/...e-lawsuit.html
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-05-21 at 12:02 PM.

ITT: people believing that what they see on TV is true.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    went there while we were on holiday last year. the cakes where nice if ridiculously overpriced but me being stupid tourist didn't realise. We were planning to go back for a meal that night till we saw the woman from the kitchen (amy) f-ing and blinding at the lad serving us because hed dared to correct her about something. Judging from the show nothings much changed in a year.

I wondered how the feck they stay open till I discovered that her husband is mega rich and funds the restaurant from his overseas business

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I live in arizona and i would never go there

BUT it looks like there is no such thing as bad publicity seeing that her grand opening has had about 1500 people trying to book a seat
    How many of those are fake bookings or people coming to watch them go nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post

How many of those are fake bookings or people coming to watch them go nuts
    I would bet its people who want to see a train wreck or them to say hey i went to that shitty restaurant on the tv

Its a old saying but fame is fleeting but infamy lives forever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Dude, if even 50% of the stuff of the show was faked, the other 50% is still 200% crazier than the average person.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    So how do the owners really act? How long ago was the last time you were at ABC?

Who in their right mind would want to go there?

"I went to this restaurant - the food was horrible and the owners were aggressive and psychotic. They abused their staff and almost attacked the customers."
    "Yea, I dont think i want to go there - lets eat somewhere else"
    "It was on TV too!"
    "That settles it, we are eating there tonight"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

"I went to this restaurant - the food was horrible and the owners were aggressive and psychotic. They abused their staff and almost attacked the customers."
    "It was on TV too!"
    Probably to see if they are as crazy as depicted. Which will in turn only fuel the crazy because they'll think there getting customers because of the quality of there food not because there now a freakshow.

"It was on TV too!"
    People in scottsdale have more money than sense and to them its worth the trip just to say to there friends near the water cooler that they went there.

If hundreds of people turned out just to hear the verdict of jodi arias then they will go to this infamous restaurant just so they can say that they went there

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Probably to see if they are as crazy as depicted. Which will in turn only fuel the crazy because they'll think there getting customers because of the quality of there food not because there now a freakshow.
    You Americans have a strange relationship with things that gets on TV...

Deleted
    Hey i'm english and think the whole thing is hilarious, merely stating what the yanks will be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Hey i'm english and think the whole thing is hilarious, merely stating what the yanks will be doing.
    You guys always emulate them. You are never European when it doesnt suit you guys! You arent in the middle of the atlantic no matter how hard you push away from Europe!

Deleted
    You guys always emulate them. You are never European when it doesnt suit you guys! You arent in the middle of the atlantic no matter how hard you push away from Europe!
    Were only trying to be cool, it's like when your dad hits a certain age and he thinks a motorbike is a great idea, and hanging around with younger people will make him feel younger as well. Give us some time to get through this mid life crisis and we'll be right back with you continentals.

Deleted
    laugh of it is they claim the tv show was edited to make them look bad. How can you edit him and her screaming at customers, screaming at staff, admitting to taking their tips. Its on film yet they will not accept it. Then you've got followups. One of their tv interviews the camera caught sammyboi out front the restaurant declaring war on some dude taking pictures with his phone. As they walked up ye can hear him swearing his head off and that's when he isn't aware hes being filmed!

Bottom line they are a hilarious pair. Shes deluded and he is so desperate to keep her happy that he will keep her shielded from reality for as long as possible. They will get a surge in business because of this but it will mostly be from people who want to come mess with them to see the fireworks fly. After it dies down and the next big thing rolls round they will continue as they always have till no one will set foot in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I think you are confusing all Americans with a few dumb ones, lets not do that or I might jump to the conclusion that everyone from where ever you are from are pretentious and like to generalize.