Thread: Haste over crit

Deleted

Haste over crit

I am curious if anyone off u that have tried reforging crit could explain more your thoughts for reforging.

1: Is there a "cap"/"plateu" that u set for crit that u dont wanna go below or is it just all out haste and whats left over will be converted to either mastery or crit?

2: Any mandatory stuff i need to have before converting to haste>crit? For example any special gear proc ability like tiersetbonus or a spcial trinket?

3: Any special choices in the talenttree to optimise it?

1. People usually just go with a Haste>Crit>Mastery without any kind of caps.
    2. Usually all 5 RPPM things, legendary meta, Juju, Renataki, 2/4 set.
    3. Nope.

Deleted
    anyone else confirm that haste > crit is better? and is this just for SV or BM

In Simcraft, single target.

Crit>Haste
    BM: I got ~160k
    Survival: ~155k

Haste>Crit
    BM: ~162k, some increase
    Survival: lost 300 dps.

Didn't do anything with 4+ targets for Survival like I should have. This is purely what I remember from when I did some sims last week.

Deleted
    so all in all haste is better since the SV sim would be on AoE pack and u say u missed something?

Deleted
    Before people take that up as their next religion, bear in mind haste will pull ahead when playing optimally without much downtime and requires a little luck from the RNG gods. While you are able to reach the highest DPS with it, it's not consistent and you may end up with lower results occasionally.

But hey, people only tend to be after the most optimal and top DPS. Haste does allow you to pull higher numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Before people take that up as their next religion, bear in mind haste will pull ahead when playing optimally without much downtime and requires a little luck from the RNG gods. While you are able to reach the highest DPS with it, it's not consistent and you may end up with lower results occasionally.

But hey, people only tend to be after the most optimal and top DPS. Haste does allow you to pull higher numbers.
    Yeah I'll have to second that, in my experience of trying out the haste build, my procs have varied so much, however looking at the average crit chance on my abilities in Skada, they are almost bang on perfect with my crit chance, some a bit higher, some a bit lower.

As Survival I recommend going for crit if you want your damage to always be the same, but if you do choose haste, imagine you're a fire mage with 20% crit, someones your awesome, other times your meh.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    for BM is haste better than crit one you have 3 or so RPPM pieces?

If you want to get technical and use simcraft haste reforge plots and all of that, the point where haste moves ahead for both specs is around 9k haste and 6k crit.

Deleted
    i can get 9k haste and 6.4k crit with only the 4 set no meta or trinks is it still worth it?

Deleted
    My sims suggest that Haste becomes the strongest stat with 5RPPM and Dire Beast. It is the addition of DB that makes it stronger than Crit. If you run AMoC+Fervor, Haste and Crit seem very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    My sims suggest that Haste becomes the strongest stat with 5RPPM and Dire Beast. It is the addition of DB that makes it stronger than Crit. If you run AMoC+Fervor, Haste and Crit seem very close.
    Simming Dire Beast will always be an increase, however the reality is that it is an uncontrolleable pet that is disrupted constantly if a boss as much as moves 2 yards
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Simming Dire Beast will always be an increase, however the reality is that it is an uncontrolleable pet that is disrupted constantly if a boss as much as moves 2 yards
    The OP is asking when does haste become better than Crit, and my findings are that it is better with 5 RPPM and Dire Beast. If you are AMoC+Fervor, the numbers I see currently suggest that we should balance the two stats.

I prefer BM

but i still do not see any TRUE evidence that suggests haste is a better choice over crit

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    I prefer BM

but i still do not see any TRUE evidence that suggests haste is a better choice over crit
    Aside from Simcraft at least.

I understand that this is about plateau's for haste and what not, but I think the following really needs to be said as some people seem to be bringing up the haste>crit issue again...

Over the past couple of weeks it seems to me that haste and crit can go either way. It seems half the population claim crit is better, the other half claiming haste is better. At this point I'm really leaning towards play style. Some people play better haste capped, others crit capped. For me I will always claim haste>crit, mostly because I feel I have greater control in my abilities and what to expect. Going crit>haste for me, has always shown myself being lower than I should. The two seem so closely related that there is evidence supported for both claims, that you should really look at how YOU play, and which is suited to your play style.
    Last edited by Kutartwo; 2013-05-21 at 07:53 PM.