Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    lets face it, xbox one will take this console war. glad I have a day one pre-order
    I was wishing it could too. But the whole online only debacle followed by Microsoft being involved in the NSA spying really makes it so that even Halo (my favorite game series ever) exclusivity isn't going to make this console worth buying for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

lets face it, xbox one will take this console war. glad I have a day one pre-order
    For sure. With all those tv watchers out there, no other console stands a chance. Don't have to buy a smart tv either. Wait, I'm in australia. shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Time will tell, I doubt it, but I wouldn't count microsoft out, they clearly have no balls in following through there plans, next backtrack will be self publishing.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Time will tell, I doubt it, but I wouldn't count microsoft out, they clearly have no balls in following through there plans, next backtrack will be self publishing.
    I can't really see changing self publishing as backtracking it is more like lets improve this so more people will/want to publish indie/arcade games for the xbox. That has nothing to do with following through with their plans it is called "improving".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    I can't really see changing self publishing as backtracking it is more like lets improve this so more people will/want to publish indie/arcade games for the xbox. That has nothing to do with following through with their plans it is called "improving".
    disagree, its microsoft policy, they are being slammed on it, they change it its another bactrack imo agree to disagree.

Deleted
    I think its going to be the same as last gen. MS will win in the states,PS4 in Asia and in Europe 50/50. Sales will end up being neck and neck. I just hope Wii U drops to £100 this year then Ill be able to get all 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Topgunner View Post
    I think its going to be the same as last gen. MS will win in the states,PS4 in Asia and in Europe 50/50. Sales will end up being neck and neck. I just hope Wii U drops to £100 this year then Ill be able to get all 3!
    Dude... XB360 is debatable if it "won the states" - it's pretty damn near 50/50 between the PS3/360, with the 360 having the slight edge over it. ((not to mention you ignored the long-forgotten Wii-fans who still insist that the Wii somehow won based purely on outdated sales figures, which nobody plays or cares about today...))

The race in the USA so far looks decidedly leaning towards PS4, if presale percentages are to be taken into consideration.

MS isn't winning anything this console race. (Not a fanboy, I own both of this generations consoles and have a lot more 360 games). They've just made too many mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Dude... XB360 is debatable if it "won the states" - it's pretty damn near 50/50 between the PS3/360, with the 360 having the slight edge over it. ((not to mention you ignored the long-forgotten Wii-fans who still insist that the Wii somehow won based purely on outdated sales figures, which nobody plays or cares about today...))

The race in the USA so far looks decidedly leaning towards PS4, if presale percentages are to be taken into consideration.
    They playstation and xbox both apealed to different crowds this past generation. Xbox was the more multiplayer crowd console while ps3 focused on RPGs or more non mulitplayer. Yes they had both but due to xbox live outclassing PSN people prefered both, I know PSN was a nightmare to use when i owned a ps3. It will prob stay exactly the same.

You also cant step on the wii's sales figures then go on and tout sonys presale figures....

If you're only talking about units sold, the Wii did win this current generation. Nobody is using outdated sales figures, they're using the current numbers.

And Xbox 360 did "win" in the US. It's the primary console in the US while Asian and Europe gravitate more towards the PS3. Like, we have the sales data that supports that (which is easily searchable) so it's not like it's any wild claim...

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not care who is 'winning'. I want a PS4, and I want a Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 looks amazing, and I really want to play it. As I do PS4 exclusives. I also already have my gaming PC! So yeah. Good times ahead.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2013-07-24 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They playstation and xbox both apealed to different crowds this past generation. Xbox was the more multiplayer crowd console while ps3 focused on RPGs or more non mulitplayer. Yes they had both but due to xbox live outclassing PSN people prefered both, I know PSN was a nightmare to use when i owned a ps3. It will prob stay exactly the same.

You also cant step on the wii's sales figures then go on and tout sonys presale figures....
    Oh yes I can... or at least until the PS4 ends up being a 1-2 year fad just like the Wii ended up. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    If you're only talking about units sold, the Wii did win this current generation. Nobody is using outdated sales figures, they're using the current numbers.
    Its horrible to say but yes, the wii, the worst of gimmicky fads, the best dust collector in gaming history, well okay it was my jaguar, is winning this generation. Although personally all consoles won, they all returned profit, they all had great games and all had great sales, when you look at the last 2 generations its actually nice to see that one console didn't destroy the competition.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-07-24 at 05:49 AM.

Oh yes I can... or at least until the PS4 ends up being a 1-2 year fad just like the Wii ended up. :P
    The fact Wii outsold both Ps3/Xbox 360 proves it was not a 1-2 year fad.

The Wii was a great console and had many great games and a few of those games "Mario Kart" still sit as a top selling game of last gen. I normally disagree with Zeta but he is right you can not step on the Wii's sales figures and yet praise Sony's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

And Xbox 360 did "win" in the US. It's the primary console in the US while Asian and Europe gravitate more towards the PS3. Like, we have the sales data that supports that (which is easily searchable) so it's not like it's any wild claim...
    Also as well keep in mind a couple wii games still sit in the top selling games of last gen "Mario Kart" at lease the last time I checked anyway.

From what http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_s...th_generation) shows the Wii has the top 5 slots fallowed by Halo 3 I will try to find a better source if needed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-24 at 07:06 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The fact Wii outsold both Ps3/Xbox 360 proves it was not a 1-2 year fad.

The Wii was a great console and had many great games and a few of those games "Mario Kart" still sit as a top selling game of last gen. I normally disagree with Zeta but he is right you can not step on the Wii's sales figures and yet praise Sony's.

- - - Updated - - -

Also as well keep in mind a couple wii games still sit in the top selling games of last gen "Mario Kart" at lease the last time I checked anyway.
    There is, in no way just stating the numbers "proves" that it's not a fad...

I could show you Furbie sales from 10 years ago and say "That proves it's not a fad". The very definition of a Fad is that it's extremely popular for a short time.

Those great Wii sales are not continuing. Those Wii sales have pretty much halted/stalled for the past couple years.

Hey, trust me, I like Nintendo as much as the next guy - but please understand that the Wii is dead right now and has been for a long time (even prior to the Wii-U). People recently are still buying PS3's and 360's and nobody is buying the Wii (again, even before the Wii-U came out).

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not make this about the Wii sales thread thingy again?

There is, in no way just stating the numbers "proves" that it's not a fad...

I could show you Furbie sales from 10 years ago and say "That proves it's not a fad". The very definition of a Fad is that it's extremely popular for a short time.

Those great Wii sales are not continuing. Those Wii sales have pretty much halted/stalled for the past couple years.

Hey, trust me, I like Nintendo as much as the next guy - but please understand that the Wii is dead right now and has been for a long time (even prior to the Wii-U). People recently are still buying PS3's and 360's and nobody is buying the Wii (again, even before the Wii-U came out).
    But numbers show you that the wii was still selling games all the way up to the release of the Wii-U and in my opinion the only reason Wii-U is still hanging around is the fact that it can play Wii games therefor people are picking up games they missed.

If Wii's was not selling any games or systems at all then places like Gamestop would take them off the shelfs. I showed numbers of the Nintendo Wii selling great you have not showed anything to prove that all sells have stopped. If anything sells for the Wii may have picked up a bit since it is now even more cheaper and still has a big list of games.

I know it proves nothing but I played MW3/Black Ops on my Wii about a week ago and each game still had around 5k players online. Now I know that is a Mix of people from both Wii-U/Wii but it Shows people still have a interest in Wii games and the Wii still has a couple games coming out for it like. http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/di...er-pack/108718

Is the Wii Dead Nope it isn't because its a cheap way to game and people can catch up on a lot of games they missed. Is it old and showing age yes it is but to me the Wii is doing what the Ps2 did before it was finally killed off.

Also last checked Nintendo is still making and shipping out Nintendo wii's so if it was really dead or a fad they would have stopped by now to save money.

But like I said you can not ignore sells of one console yet praise another and it was way more then a 2 year fad. If it was just a 2 year fad games like The Last Story would not have came out for it and just come to Ps3/Xbox 360.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Can we not make this about the Wii sales thread thingy again?
    ...Ill stop now just seen a comment and decided to add my 2 cents.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

About time but I still stand by my statement that none of things changes would have happen if it was not for the fact that the XboxOne was barely being reserved after E3.

But with that said its a good thing and in the end the Gamer's and Indle Dev's win and but I still feel the damage has been done. Once a company gets label something its hard to get rid of it just look at EA. Hell Activison use to be seen as the spawn of the devil until EA decided to take over that role. So unless another big gaming console company "Nintendo/Sony" dose something super bad it will be hard for them to get rid of that Label.

Still a win for gamer's and Indle devs tho and that is always a good thing. Now the question is will Indle devs start going to the XboxOne or is it to little to late.

Yup. They're pulling their heads out of their asses one inch at a time. Glad to see they're making positive improvements.