10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    by EA
    This is the main thing to note :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    wow there has been a lot of shit about the xbox one games having way too much micro-transactions that are full price triple. It's crazy.
    Its only killer instinct, i dont see any other games with shitloads of microtransactions. The pass's and maps still cost elsewhere on ps4.

Deleted
    Ryse, Crimson Dragon and Forza all have them...

Hell with forza you shell out almost $1700 for all the cars on the disc (not inclusing dlc, which you both have to buy then either unlock via grinding or pay)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Ryse, Crimson Dragon and Forza all have them...

Hell with forza you shell out almost $1700 for all the cars on the disc (not inclusing dlc, which you both have to buy then either unlock via grinding or pay)
    AC4 does too, it's ridic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its only killer instinct, i dont see any other games with shitloads of microtransactions. The pass's and maps still cost elsewhere on ps4.
    How can you buy the xbox one Zeta and support these microtransactions!! I am ashamed for calling you my friend just now.

Micro transactions in console games is really nothing new, they've been doing it for a long time on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Dragon Age 1&2, Mass Effect 1,2,&3, AC4, all the Saints Row games to name a few that come to mind.

Personally I don't mind them as long as they're not required to win.

Both Ryse and Forza 5 have microtransactions and Forza 5 borderlines Pay to Win since u can buy the best car in the game for 35$.

Wtf u talking about pass's and maps cost on ps4??? thats called DLC and its cross platform. Unless you are referning to there Free to play games.

I get Microtransactions in a f2p game they do got to fund it but in a 60$ title fuck that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So far. Don't expect microtransactions in fully priced games not to hit PS4. It already happened with games like Dead Space 3 last generation, so it's going to be happening this generation.
    That was a cross platform title tho. These on the other hand are XboxOne excusive.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That was a cross platform title tho. These on the other hand are XboxOne excusive.
    You're correct, they're not there...yet. I have zero doubt we'll see that kind of functionality placed in upcoming first party games from Sony. It's profitable as all hell as the vast majority of people who play games don't give a flying fuck about the principle etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You're correct, they're not there...yet. I have zero doubt we'll see that kind of functionality placed in upcoming first party games from Sony. It's profitable as all hell as the vast majority of people who play games don't give a flying fuck about the principle etc.
    That is true they could do it and it is really profitable.

But if they see that XboxOne has gotten a huge blacklash from it maybe Sony won't do it. I won't spend 60$ for a title that has micro sells like Forza 5 or Rise. being able to buy the best car for 35$ is bullshit.

Sooner or later someone will make things so grindy and hard it will become a must to buy.

These two videos sum it up really well.

and more so this one but the top one is funny as hell.

Edit: Sorry linked the wrong video in the 2nd one.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-11-30 at 06:44 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Na, sorry but sony will chuck in micro transactions soon, its the way games are going. I don't mind id the price of games thmselves fell, but Microsoft are getting the best of all worlds, massivly inflated disc price, microtransactions and paying to access stuff through the internet, ace.

Both Ryse and Forza 5 have microtransactions and Forza 5 borderlines Pay to Win since u can buy the best car in the game for 35$.
    Forza has had car packs for some time now, Its just not full packs anymore to my knowledge, But the over exageration of saying OMG EVERY GAME IS FULL OF MICROTRANSACTIONS is a bit over the top. They have been happening since long before the xbox one and i dont see them changing.

- - - Updated - - -

But if they see that XboxOne has gotten a huge blacklash from it maybe Sony won't do it. I won't spend 60$ for a title that has micro sells like Forza 5 or Rise. being able to buy the best car for 35$ is bullshit.
    Then dont buy them. its funny i dont know a person who has the xbox whos complaining about these things.

Forza has had car packs for some time now, Its just not full packs anymore to my knowledge, But the over exageration of saying OMG EVERY GAME IS FULL OF MICROTRANSACTIONS is a bit over the top. They have been happening since long before the xbox one and i dont see them changing.
    First off the only game I can recall that has microsotransactions was deadspace 3.

Second with forza 5 it borderlines pay to win since you can get the best car for 35$ and that puts anyone who dose not have said car at a disavantage Vs the person who has it.

Then dont buy them. its funny i dont know a person who has the xbox whos complaining about these things.
    I find it funny you think your small group of friends is the majorly of gamers out there.

Sorry but P2W features in a 60$ game is wrong and is bullshit there is no defence for it and unless people stop buying said games it will keep happening. The only other place these types of micro sells have been happening was on PC games and once again those was mostly F2p titles. I get it if F2p titles have micro sells because they do need to fund the game. But to do it on a 60$ game is bullshit.

If they want to make DLC fine whatever but to let players advice in the game via cash is BS.

Watch the above video more so the 2nd one it explains it a bit better then I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Na, sorry but sony will chuck in micro transactions soon.
    If it happens it happens but that will be one more game I don't buy.

I don't support double dipping and I am barely ok with DLC. being able to pay for player advicement that has a impact on a game is bullshit and that is what you get with Forza 5. you can ether grind for a stupid long time to get the best car in Forza 5 or pay 35$ and have it therefore having a advantage over other players.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-11-30 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    agreed jt, i let blizzard get away with double dipping but only just.

Microtransactions are pretty much a given on all the next gen consoles, at least that's what the devs are saying.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6416382/

I don't support double dipping and I am barely ok with DLC. being able to pay for player advicement that has a impact on a game is bullshit and that is what you get with Forza 5. you can ether grind for a stupid long time to get the best car in Forza 5 or pay 35$ and have it therefore having a advantage over other players.
    Have you played forza before online or otherwise? You can set car restrictions in online lobbies. In fact i dont remember an online lobbie where there wasnt car restrictions. And even if there wasnt, you can buy the "best" car in game but that doesnt make you a good enough driver to drive it. There are tons of games that have or have had microtransactions in the past, its just what gaming is moving twords, im not a fan of it but causing a scene on a forum isnt going to change it. Blizzard has done it for a long time, in fact they are the largest culprits, 30 dollars for a faction change which is nothing more than a simple algorythm or 25 dollars for a server change, 10 dollars for a name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    For those wondering, it's an escapist rant complaining about Microtransactions - particularly the huge amounts of it on Xbox One games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    First off the only game I can recall that has microsotransactions was deadspace 3.

Second with forza 5 it borderlines pay to win since you can get the best car for 35$ and that puts anyone who dose not have said car at a disavantage Vs the person who has it.

I find it funny you think your small group of friends is the majorly of gamers out there.

Sorry but P2W features in a 60$ game is wrong and is bullshit there is no defence for it and unless people stop buying said games it will keep happening. The only other place these types of micro sells have been happening was on PC games and once again those was mostly F2p titles. I get it if F2p titles have micro sells because they do need to fund the game. But to do it on a 60$ game is bullshit.

If they want to make DLC fine whatever but to let players advice in the game via cash is BS.

Watch the above video more so the 2nd one it explains it a bit better then I do.

- - - Updated - - -

If it happens it happens but that will be one more game I don't buy.

I remember people complaining about paying 50 cents for Horse Armor in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Sometimes, slippery slope arguments do come true... :P

For those wondering, it's an escapist rant complaining about Microtransactions - particularly the huge amounts of it on Xbox One games.
    Yes huge amounts Forza and Ryse, huge amounts. Over-exaggerate some more please.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I remember people complaining about paying 50 cents for Horse Armor in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Sometimes, slippery slope arguments do come true... :P
    Never really though about that you make a good point. Lets just hope it stays on F2p's and DLC for Nintendo/Sony since Microsoft has already confirmed this is the future of there console.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes huge amounts Forza and Ryse, huge amounts. Over-exaggerate some more please.
    You know what I find funny if the shoe was on the other foot you would be in the sony thread calling them greedy fucks and bashing them every change you got.

Just like hwo you accused them of covering up a hack. But yet Microsoft allows Micro sells and dam near P2w features on there AAA 60$ titles and you are ok with it.

Now one time since this thread appeared have I seen you say one bad thing about the XboxOne of Microsoft. Hell at lease even I said I do believe its a better console then it was before E3.

As for your questions just because you can set limits and decide who is in your mulitiplayer match dose not change the fact there is a Pay 2 Win choice there. The Car may not make the driver but the driver will get more time with a WAY better car and therefor at a point will out play others due to it.

Just like if a MMO sold top end gear that is p2w it dose not matter if the guy who bought it still sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the Xbox one and out of the box, no video and sound. After 2 hours on the phone with MS, cool dude by the way, very helpful and understanding. It works great... No disc tried yet, so still fingers crossed...

The issue seems to be smart TVs or 3D. I have two Panasonic viera st, one about 6 years old and one from last year. It worked on the older TV, but not the new. The difference in two are 3D and the "smart TV" features. The solution was resetting the newer TV to default settings. I wish I could remember what changes I made in last year, but the issue on my end seemed to be related to 3D or Smart TV settings.

Hope it helps others... Killer combo!!!!!

Edit: it might be the enhanced picture settings, it's the only setting I can remember messing with. I'll mess around in a bit and see if I can be more specific.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-12-02 at 10:58 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi