10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Exactly as it says, 792 lines of vertical resolution. 72 more lines than 720p. 288 less lines than 1080p.

Horizontal resolution is scale to maintain aspect ratio, i.e. 1408x792.
    It's weird cause 1366x768 is still considered 720p despite not being it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Really becuase the last page is full of mocking comments on them pulling 180s. News sites comments as well. And BOY DID YOU TELL ME. Man telling me to go play titanfall clever clever i dunno how im ever going to recover from that burn.
    Umm, I said we were mocking about pulling 180s, why are you repeating? Go play forza 5 and stop complaining about imaginary complaining. (See what I did there?)

Deleted
    You must not understand how hardware works, the ps4 is HARDLY beaing the xbox ones ass on performance, in fact they are closer this generation than they were last generation in terms of hardware.

It would appear you're the 1 who doesn't understand how hardware works. While the specs of the 2 machines are "roughly" similar, they are worlds apart in actual usage. RAM (GDR3 vs 5) & GPU (Compute cores being unusually higher - not sure why M$ didn't want this) alone have a significant increase on the PS4 than they do on the XB1. This has led to no native resolutions, worse fps, slower loading times & simple computing lines between the hardware being MASSIVELY different.

They have sold 5million units so far, there hasnt really been a console definer yet for either console. they didnt fuck anything up. Overexagerate some more please. Meanwhile sony is still posting loses.
    5 million sold to retailers. Where as the PS4 is at a legit 7 mil+ sold to consumers. Actual estimates of Xbox One sold to consumers(which MS won't release, wonder why?) are 3.9-4.2 million.

Retailers also routinely have Xbox One's on sell for $50 off MSRP trying to clear stock. I have yet to see a new PS4 for less then MSRP at any retailer. What does that tell you?

Also dropping the Kinect is stupid IMO. The Kinect was the only thing separating the Xbox One from just being a weaker PS4 with different exclusives(and it only has 3 relevant exclusive franchises at that). Maybe if the console was dropped to $350 or even lower, but price parity with the PS4 when there is a massive difference in the hardware is laughable. At least the Kinect, for what it's worth is an impressive peice of hardware regardless of if you liked it/used it. For those who did it was worth the price, the console without it just feels like a ripoff compared to the PS4.

If people didn't buy Titanfall bundles with the Kinect for $450 are they really going to line up to buy a kinectless sku for $50 cheaper without a game?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-05-14 at 08:34 AM.

They have sold 5million units so far, there hasnt really been a console definer yet for either console. they didnt fuck anything up. Overexagerate some more please. Meanwhile sony is still posting loses.
    .......No they haven't. They have Shipped 5 million units they have not sold that many.

There is a difference in Shipped and Sold. Just wanted to clear that up.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/17/562...ales-5-million
    Microsoft says it has sold more than 5 million Xbox One consoles to retailers since launch, according to an update from Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox corporate vice president of marketing, strategy and business.
    Notice the bold part. Sold to Retailers=Shipped. Its not sold to customers.

Also to add they are now going to lose more money due to bundles not having the Kinect. So that is wasted hardware just sitting there in stores/warehouse's collecting dust.

Now that the XboxOne is $400 I have considered getting one for exclusives later on. Its good they removed the Kinect and the Gold Requirement for Netflix.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-05-14 at 08:39 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The 50% from Xbone to PS4 or 33% less from PS4 to Xbone CUs is a huge difference.
    GDDR5 RAM is great for gaming, higher frequency in turn higher memory bandwidth makes it perform better. Both of em are APUs so the RAM isn't like something on a computer when you have a discrete video card.
    esRAM makes for a good cache increasing memory bandwidth provided the programmers can take advantage / use it.
    DDR3 at 2133MHz generally does have lower cas latency, which for general computing with heavy RAM usage is pretty good, however this is menial / inexistant tasks for a gaming console. GDDR5 is the other way around.

But... does it have good games? Or do both of them basically run H.D remakes of games that came out a year ago?

Call me old fashioned, but when I look at a game console, I want games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    But... does it have good games? Or do both of them basically run H.D remakes of games that came out a year ago?

That's for you to judge.

I found Infamous Second Son to be a lot of fun and according to sales figures it did pretty well for itself, it was the fastest selling Infamous game in the franchise.

Then you have stuff like Killzone, Knack, indies, and various third party games.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

They will come. The PS2 started off pretty slow too.

It takes time to make games you know.

So how are people liking their Xbox Ones so far? The wife and I are loving ours. We went ahead and bought a 2nd one in preparation of playing some of the upcoming games together. Destiny, Assassins Creed Unity, The Division, etc. I'm also really looking forward to Dragon Age 3 and The Witcher 3. We have been having a blast playing Titanfall as well.

How did everyone think Microsoft handled themselves this year at E3? I thought they did much better and focused on the things gamers wanted to see and hear. Unlike Sony who basically talked about the same shit Microsoft did last year and caught so much flak for (and yet Sony seems to have gotten off the hook for it....double standards much?).

Anyway, discuss away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very happy with my purchase. Enjoying the games a lot, and from someone who hated kinect and thought it was stupid that i had to have it at first, i'm very glad i got it. I've been having a lot of fun with it, the dance games (my sisters but i won't lie, I've been on it quite a few times lol), xbox fitness and sports rivals.

Other games have been great too, really looking forward to the halo master chief collection this year.

E3 was excellent too, they made a huge improvement from the year before, was one of my favorite conferences tbh.

Will get the PS4 at somepoint, maybe this year maybe next year. I'm a PC gamer and prefer PC, but i want to play exclusives that don't come out on the PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    So how are people liking their Xbox Ones so far? The wife and I are loving ours. We went ahead and bought a 2nd one in preparation of playing some of the upcoming games together. Destiny, Assassins Creed Unity, The Division, etc. I'm also really looking forward to Dragon Age 3 and The Witcher 3. We have been having a blast playing Titanfall as well.

How did everyone think Microsoft handled themselves this year at E3? I thought they did much better and focused on the things gamers wanted to see and hear. Unlike Sony who basically talked about the same shit Microsoft did last year and caught so much flak for (and yet Sony seems to have gotten off the hook for it....double standards much?).

Anyway, discuss away.
    Mine has been gathering dust tbh, don't even use it for netflix because my pcs hooked up to the tv anyway, but I'm sure I'll be using it more soon with the amount of titles releasing in the coming months. Also you're right, Microsoft's E3 conference was a marked improvement on last years (then again, how could it have not been?) and Sony's was laughably poor in comparison.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Anyway, discuss away.
    Got mine in January, currently only play it when I feel like playing Fifa, granted my PS4 is collecting dust now too until the last of us comes out(again). I still love it and am glad I invested in it. September through a long time from now will see a lot of life on my xbox one. Never had buyers remorse after I bought it either.

As far as E3, MS did everything right and people still are hating on them. Their E3 conference was probably tied for second best with ubisoft(nintendo took it this year for best). However it wasn't that far behind being the best. However I think the way the conference went was honestly the best, they didn't waste time between games and went from game to game to game. Sonys conference was terrible and even worse than MS' last year yet the fanboys will always look at it and say sony can do no wrong. If it weren't for the Uncharted teaser at the end it would have been the worst conference hands down. The worst part is they are still holding a grudge on the xbox for last years E3 which is pathetic. Anyone who says Sonys library this year is better than Xbox' is just plain crazy. Sony will have an impressive 2015 library but 2014 isn't sonys year. I think there's only one game im getting for PS4 after tlou for the rest of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    They will come. The PS2 started off pretty slow too.

It takes time to make games you know.
    and ps3...if youve adopted into "next-gen" within the first year before you know it takes about a year or two for the system to finally take off. Which is absolutely fine, I have a tremendous backlog in my steam library right now...Currently trying to beat the six huge RPGs I have in my library, almost done with the dawnguard expansion in skyrim then dragonborn and I feel like the game will never end. I then need to beat Dragon Age: Origins, Witcher 1 and 2, Divinity 2, and Kingdoms of Amalur, this isn't even including ARPGs like torchlight 2 and dungeon siege 3 that I have to beat. Once I beat all of those gaming will be quite a bit easier for me since all I'll have to beat is basically 10-15 hour campaign action or fps games.

Anyway, discuss away.
    While I never intend to use it for gaming, the Kinect has proven to be rather practical. I am spoiled by the voice command and sometimes think my other TV had the feature (Roku connected) by telling it "XBox pause". For the most part, it works with simple commands like "pause" "go back" and "go home".

I can navigate to a specific show on Netflix but it takes too many steps since it goes one at a time "select 1" -> "next page" - > "select 2" - > "play". I'm hoping they incorporate smarter commands so I can just tell it a show's name and tell it to play via netflix and the like, similar to Google Voice command or Siri.

In terms of games, the only one I'm playing currently is Titanfall. Was able to refund Watchdogs as it proved to be too disappointing. Destiny and Master Chief collection looks to take up more time once they are released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    As far as E3, MS did everything right and people still are hating on them. Their E3 conference was probably tied for second best with ubisoft(nintendo took it this year for best).
    One thing that caught my attention from MS at E3 was the indie titles they showed in that music video. Cuphead looks like some casual and unique fun.

It's okay. I picked one up without kinect when they offered one without finally since I wasn't about to drop 100$ on something I won't use. Mostly have it in preparation for Destiny and MCC but BF4 is fun after it, apparently, had a million updates to make it playable. Only thing I don't really like is that the bumpers are now harder to press on the xbox one controller unless you pull the triggers with your middle finger.

While I never intend to use it for gaming, the Kinect has proven to be rather practical. I am spoiled by the voice command and sometimes think my other TV had the feature (Roku connected) by telling it "XBox pause". For the most part, it works with simple commands like "pause" "go back" and "go home".
    Iv found myself doing this many times when using my cable box.

This automatic gameplay clip recording though... I get a double or triple kill or rank up and the xbox records it lol. That little popup is going to be annoying as hell by the time Halo comes around if I don't turn it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    The kinect is something I wouldn't be able to have with 2 kids under 5, that would not be pretty, its hard enough keeping the controls out of their reach.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The kinect is something I wouldn't be able to have with 2 kids under 5, that would not be pretty, its hard enough keeping the controls out of their reach.
    The amount of glee they would get from disrupting your gameplay sessions with constant "XBOX PAUSE!" "XBOX BING!" "XBOX TURN OFF!" as they run from room to room would be awesome, though. They'd be having the time of their lives : P

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    As far as E3, MS did everything right and people still are hating on them.
    I know right? MS has reverted pretty much everything people were screaming for them to revert and brought their A-game this year at E3 (and IMO blew Sony's press conference out of the water) and people are still bashing on them for shit that happened at LAST YEAR'S E3. Yes.....we get it Sony fanboys....MS screwed up last year. But they have been making changes for the better and really showed Sony up this year at E3. I just think it's pathetic that people are still clinging to 2013 to try and bash the Xbox. Guess they are just jelly that Xbox has a better line up of games this year.

I'm honestly very happy I ended up going with an Xbox One over a PS4 (was actually on the fence for a while between Sony and MS last year before both consoles released....for the first time in forever). It has WAY more things I like and use. Having a gaming console that can play all the games I want to play AND do a shit ton of other stuff > a straight up console that just plays games for the most part. And I was actually interested in some of the things MS originally wanted to do with the console (like trying to go all digital). Yes, I know that isn't feasible or possible for some people.....but let's be honest. Technology HAS to progress at some point and no matter WHEN you do it, someone, somewhere will get left behind. That's how it has always worked and will continue to work. If we held back progression because Billy Joe in Nowhereville didn't have fast internet, then we would never get anywhere with tech.

And the Kinect. I honestly was NEVER to fond of the Kinect, even way back when the first one was announced for the 360. I think motion controls are just a gimmick/fad. That and I never found any of the games made for it to be any fun. My wife is the main reason why we ever got the Kinect in the first place. She loves the Kinect Sports games and the dancing games. However, I'm finding myself actually using the Kinect 2.0 for a variety of reasons and actually enjoying my time with it. It definitely has its uses. And let's face it.....between the Xbox Kinect and the Sony Camera....the Kinect is by far the superior piece of tech. And much more worth your time between the two. I'll still never get over the fact that Sony straight up copy, pasted the Nintendo Wii with their Playstation Move bullshit. At least MS tried to do something a little different and went full on controller-free motion controls. Sony was just trying to do a quick cash grab on the Nintendo Wii hype train. Hell, even my buddy who is a hardcore Sony fan and has owned every version of Playstation said, "yeah, this is a straight up copy of the Nintendo Wii. What the hell Sony? Douchebags" after he bought the Playstation Move for his PS3. It then sat and collected dust from then on.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2014-07-19 at 06:05 AM.