Page 2 of 259 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres the stream at?

Consoles used to be my choice of gaming but now that the games take like 2 hours to beat and cost $60+ bucks it's just not worth it. I'm more interested in the PS4 since the PS family has always had some good games and such. Kind of wish XBox had disappeared but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    "The Next-Gen Xbox has reportedly been confirmed to be named the "Xbox Infinity". International Business Times are quoted to have said "Sources related to development of the new Xbox have confirmed to IBTimes UK that the console, which is scheduled to be launched on 21 May, will be called Infinity".

I guess we'll find out for sure this evening. Hopefully they announce some of the new games coming to it as well. I'm guessing the release date will be in the winter right before Christmas.

http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/hub

P.S Apologies if there was another thread. Didn't see it.
    I'll probably be the only person in here excited for the reveal. 95% of the people on these forums (obviously a guesstimate) are PC/PS3 players. Which makes sense, because the PC and PS3 in general tend to have more RPG-type games than the Xbox 360, as to where the 360 is a console pretty much designed around first person shooters, a genre not to well enjoyed by the MMO/RPG community.

But anyways, for me there isn't much they can do wrong. DRM? I buy my games all new anyways, so nothing new here. Always online? I only play my games on the 360 for the 'online' part anyways, so this doesn't affect me too much. The Xbox also has two of my favorite exclusives which are Halo and Gears of War, not to mention my favorite game in the world is more supported by Xbox than any other platform, Call of Duty.

Then of course you have all the usual things that the new console virtually HAS to have. Upgraded hardware, new aesthetic design, new name, new UI, new controller, more support, etc.

The one feature I have my fingers crossed for is built in game recording/built in live streaming. Xbox already partnered with Twitch and put a Twitch app on the 360 app store, so hopefully this is a sign there will be built in streaming to Twitch on the next console.

Also, and Minecraft 360 Edition better be ported/upgraded to the 'Infinity" edition. It MUST BE ON THE NEW CONSOLE!!!. (I play Minecraft on both PC and Xbox, but the game is much more fun on 360 due to more easily accessible multiplayer.
    Last edited by Xl House lX; 2013-05-21 at 03:47 PM.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to see what the features are and any exclusives, but i probably wont be getting any more consoles. i just dont feel they can keep up with pc gaming
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    I'll probably be the only person in here excited for the reveal. 95% of the people on these forums (obviously a guesstimate) are PC/PS3 players. Which makes sense, because the PC and PS3 in general tend to have more RPG-type games than the Xbox 360, as to where the 360 is a console pretty much designed around first person shooters, a genre not to well enjoyed by the MMO/RPG community.

But anyways, for me there isn't much they can do wrong. DRM? I buy my games all new anyways, so nothing new here. Always online? I only play my games on the 360 for the 'online' part anyways, so this doesn't affect me too much. The Xbox also has two of my favorite exclusives which are Halo and Gears of War, not to mention my favorite game in the world is more supported by Xbox than any other platform, Call of Duty.

Then of course you have all the usual things that the new console virtually HAS to have. Upgraded hardware, new aesthetic design, new name, new UI, new controller, more support, etc.

The one feature I have my fingers crossed for is built in game recording/built in live streaming. Xbox already partnered with Twitch and put a Twitch app on the 360 app store, so hopefully this is a sign there will be built in streaming to Twitch on the next console.

Also, and Minecraft 360 Edition better be ported/upgraded to the 'Infinity" edition. It MUST BE ON THE NEW CONSOLE!!!. (I play Minecraft on both PC and Xbox, but the game is much more fun on 360 due to more easily accessible multiplayer.
    I loved the 360, but wish it had more rpgs. Eternal Sonata for the win. Im buying the ps4 unless the xbox has sharing capabilities and a better launch line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    I've seen the rumors saying it may not be online only, but that's beside the point. The whole "Deal with it" comment turned me off of Microsoft. I don't care what they did about it afterwards.

To be fair, I'm more of a playstation/PC guy anyway.
    Wow, did you forget that said dude was just some random employee who trolled with someone he already knew?, but twitter isn't private so everyone can read it. Eitherway he got fired right away which he fully deserved as people like you fully believe everything so MS had to take damage control, he is no longer with Microsoft, and actually he was with some gaming studio associated with MS.

One random irrelevant employee does not represet a company. :\
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-05-21 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    I burst out laughing at work when I heard the name of it. It sounds like an argument between two 8 year olds.

"PS3"
    "Xbox 360!!!"
    "Um... ok... PS4"
    "XBOX INFINITY"
    "PS5?"
    "XBOX INFINITY PLUS ONE"
    To Infinity... AND BEYOND!

Sorry, had to do it..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still rather go with a PC tbh

I'm curious about games like GTA V tho, I bet they'll get a HD copy prepared for the new gen consoles... tho I don't know how, it's quite HD already!

Deleted
    Can't wait for this. Im not a 'fanboy' of either console so I'll be buying either the ps4 or new Xbox based of their reveals and E3 content. The ps4 was decent although it didn't blow me away, im expecting good things from Microsoft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    I burst out laughing at work when I heard the name of it. It sounds like an argument between two 8 year olds.

"PS3"
    "Xbox 360!!!"
    "Um... ok... PS4"
    "XBOX INFINITY"
    "PS5?"
    "XBOX INFINITY PLUS ONE"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZh105_r2Qk

14min countdown...time to see (please be good news)

Deleted
    The infinity name is just from a reddit post, someone photoshopped a logo and suddenly people jumped on the wagon.

Deleted
    For any giant bomb fans, they'll be covering it as it streams, on their channel (http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/).

Even if people aren't fans of xbox, next generation consoles are something we don't get very often so it's interesting enough for me to want to know how consoles and gaming is moving forward, I'm curious as to see what they do with it and what next gen consoles are going to offer, even if it doesn't cover any titles I'm interested in. So I'll be watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad that I get the feeling it'd be like

Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect ______________________________ Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect Kinect

live stream for those who didn't know: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

5 minutes... damn so many pages, people here are hyped about this...
    not

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Because when you see it you keep turning around in a circle forever?
    YES! Me gusta.

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    Because it's following the whole Windows 8 trend and what happens when you turn the 8 on it's side? It looks like an Infinity symbol.

Shock horror.
    This makes sense. This also says that it's going to be bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    lol.. loving this opening advert >.<

And here....we.....go!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Blyrgh, can't stand listening to the massive PR-spin, I'll check back in this thread in a few hours.

/rant off
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance