1. #3841
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    "Your" refers to MS obviously. Maybe I'm using English wrong.
    You're not actually addressing Microsoft so you should have used "their" instead of "your" and "them" instead of "you".

  2. #3842
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Totally missed it. Hope he brings the developer mindset with him...
    This time its going to be gamer...gamer...gamer x100
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  3. #3843
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Totally missed it. Hope he brings the developer mindset with him...
    I just want to see him on stage talking about the Xbox One. Seriously, that will be the best next-gen console press conference of the year.

  4. #3844
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    ...snip...
    The PS3 already had a "modern toolchain" the last I heard. The PS4 should not be any worse. It's not like during the PS2 days anymore.

    "Get used to it" still means having to work harder to get it to do what you want. To this day, developers still complain about the PS3's Cell and split memory.

    I also believe that the developers will have to coordinate the memory transfers between the 32 MB ESRAM and the 8 GB DDR3 RAM by hand. 32 MB is very small and the DDR3 has very limited bandwidth at 68GB/s, so you got to be careful about how you schedule transfers.

    Of course there is the weaker GPU of the Xbone - the PS4 has a 50% edge in GPU power. Don't think that is something you can "get used to".
    I would think any modern console would have a "modern toolchain", that said the ease of use of the tools for each console likely vary widely. That said, I have no definitive knowledge about this generation so I'm just going on what history has shown us. Also talking about the hardware is fun, but really at the end of the day if you can't tell the difference when playing a game, the difference is meaningless. So really until we see actual games released and reviewed we won't know for sure, but no doubt if the more expensive console fails to deliver on actual gaming they will either utterly fail this generation or a massive price drop will be incoming.

  5. #3845
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,185


    This photo is the most used photo, I havent wanted to punch someone in the face for a while, im a placid guy...

    The new chap looks a lot more like it, still not going to buy a next gen for a year or so, going to wait and see whether its worth it.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

  6. #3846
    The Patient Ridethelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Weedland
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I just want to see him on stage talking about the Xbox One. Seriously, that will be the best next-gen console press conference of the year.
    I hope he is coming to gamescom.

  7. #3847
    He looks like fun to watch kind of guy. I very much prefere guys who say it straight. The whole Xbox1 PR disaster could have been completelly avoided if MS said everything straight.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  8. #3848
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    I hope he is coming to gamescom.
    If he sprints out on stage at Gamescom and starts gong nuts, he'll do more to mend the Xbox One reputation than any communications plan : P

  9. #3849
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,185
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8M6S8EKbnU this guy is bi-winning for sure.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

  10. #3850
    Seriously, Steve Ballmer is amazing. He's got more energy in him that most executive staffs can muster collectively.

  11. #3851
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    This is what I get from that article, look at the xbox 360 dashboard now there is maybe 1 ad now which isn't even an ad but an redirect to an informative page about the whole cloud thing or something. What you see is blocks with recommended games/dlc/sales and music/movies/apps in their own category.

    Serious I feel like a lot of people just come here to only bash the xbox one/Microsoft. Well good for you, we know you will buy a ps4 but if you only come here to bash then please leave this thread because you bring nothing to this discussion. Stop this fucking circlejerk it is already going on for far to long, you don't like the xbox one or MS well thanks for stating your opinion but we get it now.
    It sounds more like you are defending the xbox because you are a fan.

    You are now giving a nice spin to advertisement. Advertisement is advertisement. 99% of the advertisement I see I actually don't want to see but they show it so it gets stuck in my head with the goal to make me buy a certain product. There is really barely anything positive about it.
    Advertisement isn't completely bad, you got to get your product out there afterall, but forcing it onto people is. TV commercials are out of control (commercials are almost as long as the shows/movies on TV), the spam you get on Facebook and Youtube... (luckily there is adblock). You want to see this cool video? First watch this shit.

    "Microsoft hopes to use the voice recognition features of the new Kinect to deliver targeted advertisements to individual users."

    I applaud you for trying to spin this as if it's a good thing for consumers . And no one really wants to hear about advertisement on the xbox one at this time, actually never.

  12. #3852
    The Patient Ridethelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Weedland
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It sounds more like you are defending the xbox because you are a fan.

    You are now giving a nice spin to advertisement. Advertisement is advertisement. 99% of the advertisement I see I actually don't want to see but they show it so it gets stuck in my head with the goal to make me buy a certain product. There is really barely anything positive about it.
    Advertisement isn't completely bad, you got to get your product out there afterall, but forcing it onto people is. TV commercials are out of control (commercials are almost as long as the shows/movies on TV), the spam you get on Facebook and Youtube... (luckily there is adblock). You want to see this cool video? First watch this shit.

    "Microsoft hopes to use the voice recognition features of the new Kinect to deliver targeted advertisements to individual users."

    I applaud you for trying to spin this as if it's a good thing for consumers . And no one really wants to hear about advertisement on the xbox one at this time, actually never.
    I explain or even defend not because I am a fan but to give another example of what it can be. I never gave a nice spin to advertisement I just stated that they do the same on the xbox 360 and if you don't like I can understand. Based on the dashboard they showed at the E3 it seems like these advertisement are just going to be the same as

    link here for E3 picture. They just show recommended games, dlc's, arcade games, new releases and sales each in their own category. I don't see that as something that should annoy me but if it does for you well I guess you don't like steam either. Not that steam is the exact same(not even close) but they also show new releases,dlc and sales.

    But we can never be sure what they mean with advertisement.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-07-02 at 11:11 AM.

  13. #3853
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    I explain or even defend not because I am a fan but to give another example of what it can be. I never gave a nice spin to advertisement I just stated that they do the same on the xbox 360 and if you don't like I can understand. Based on the dashboard they showed at the E3 it seems like these advertisement are just going to be the same as

    link here for E3 picture. They just show recommended games, dlc's, arcade games, new releases and sales each in their own category. I don't see that as something that should annoy me but if it does for you well I guess you don't like steam either. Not that steam is the exact same(not even close) but they also show new releases,dlc and sales.

    But we can never be sure what they mean with advertisement.
    I have the feeling that it will have something to do with the TV programs ... not sure why else they would go to such lengths just to target game adds. They will have your game library, jamming adds based on that should be targeted enough. Putting the targeted adds in context of watching TV that family members not interested in games can potentially do on your xbox ... makes much more sense then. But who knows.

    Bottom line is Xbox1 as a gaming console has so much non gaming stuff released about it and so little gaming stuff ... who are these features for.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  14. #3854
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    I explain or even defend not because I am a fan but to give another example of what it can be. I never gave a nice spin to advertisement I just stated that they do the same on the xbox 360 and if you don't like I can understand. Based on the dashboard they showed at the E3 it seems like these advertisement are just going to be the same as

    link here for E3 picture. They just show recommended games, dlc's, arcade games, new releases and sales each in their own category. I don't see that as something that should annoy me but if it does for you well I guess you don't like steam either. Not that steam is the exact same(not even close) but they also show new releases,dlc and sales.

    But we can never be sure what they mean with advertisement.
    I don't know about you but before I stopped playing Xbox360 a couple months back I was still getting advertisement's for old spice and other stupid advertisement's on my xbox. The thing is I get it if a silver member see's those its so MS makes some money but if your a gold member then it should not be there.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  15. #3855
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Seriously, Steve Ballmer is amazing. He's got more energy in him that most executive staffs can muster collectively.
    A pity he is kind of a nutter. Not the "good" kind either.

    ---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 01:05 PM ----------

    Got to say, MS really screw it up with the press this time round ...



    What did they do? Piss of their interviewer sent to them by ranting at him? (To be honest, I won't be surprised, given MS's recent track record at dealing with the press. "Are you part of the development team?")

  16. #3856
    The Patient Ridethelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Weedland
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I have the feeling that it will have something to do with the TV programs ... not sure why else they would go to such lengths just to target game adds. They will have your game library, jamming adds based on that should be targeted enough. Putting the targeted adds in context of watching TV that family members not interested in games can potentially do on your xbox ... makes much more sense then. But who knows.

    Bottom line is Xbox1 as a gaming console has so much non gaming stuff released about it and so little gaming stuff ... who are these features for.
    They prob have tv ads and movie ads but they got their own category. I agree that is has much non gaming stuff but what can a console do other then put the disc in or download the game and play it. Adding stuff like live streaming and make your own video's makes the experience better at least imo.

    I don't know about you but before I stopped playing Xbox360 a couple months back I was still getting advertisement's for old spice and other stupid advertisement's on my xbox. The thing is I get it if a silver member see's those its so MS makes some money but if your a gold member then it should not be there.
    lol I can't remember what kind of ads I got. I mean last week I had something with the cloud, they made a special page for it. This week I got the cod ad for the new black ops dlc. The thing is I don't think there should be that kind of ads what you were talking about but for me it doesn't matter anymore. Ads are everywhere now and there is not much we can do about it :/ My experience from my vacation in America is that it is even worse there.

  17. #3857
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    They prob have tv ads and movie ads but they got their own category. I agree that is has much non gaming stuff but what can a console do other then put the disc in or download the game and play it. Adding stuff like live streaming and make your own video's makes the experience better at least imo.



    lol I can't remember what kind of ads I got. I mean last week I had something with the cloud, they made a special page for it. This week I got the cod ad for the new black ops dlc. The thing is I don't think there should be that kind of ads what you were talking about but for me it doesn't matter anymore. Ads are everywhere now and there is not much we can do about it :/ My experience from my vacation in America is that it is even worse there.
    Except there is something we can do about it. We can tell them we don't like it and we can not buy the Xbone if they don't change this stupid decision.

  18. #3858
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,185
    dat edge cover haven't seen so much bad press even the Ps 3 release price.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

  19. #3859
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    A pity he is kind of a nutter. Not the "good" kind either.

    ---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 01:05 PM ----------

    Got to say, MS really screw it up with the press this time round ...

    What did they do? Piss of their interviewer sent to them by ranting at him? (To be honest, I won't be surprised, given MS's recent track record at dealing with the press. "Are you part of the development team?")
    Wow, what interview? I do adore drame like this! That's pretty damning though, a rather well respected gaming and tech magazine telling it's readers "Go buy a PS4!"

  20. #3860
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    I explain or even defend not because I am a fan but to give another example of what it can be. I never gave a nice spin to advertisement I just stated that they do the same on the xbox 360 and if you don't like I can understand. Based on the dashboard they showed at the E3 it seems like these advertisement are just going to be the same as

    link here for E3 picture. They just show recommended games, dlc's, arcade games, new releases and sales each in their own category. I don't see that as something that should annoy me but if it does for you well I guess you don't like steam either. Not that steam is the exact same(not even close) but they also show new releases,dlc and sales.

    But we can never be sure what they mean with advertisement.
    You said that people shouldn't complain about advertisement but why not? Because Sony does it too? Or it happened before? Those are not reasons to just accept it.

    And using the Kinect for better advertising. That just sounds like fucking over your customers. Pay $100 for this feature so we can gain more information to manipulate you.
    I'm not going to act like no other company does that but it is not something you want your consumers to know and maybe it's a good move to just BACK OFF for some time to please your customers instead of trying to make more profit. For MS it's really time to give us something, like in actually doing something for the consumers. Make us happy!

    Can someone tell me how advertisement is on the PS3?
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-07-03 at 12:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •