I'm likely not going to buy one. Thanks for telling me the obvious thing to do. What does that have to do with it? I'm still able to come here and express my feelings about what I don't like. And don't say something Idiotic like "If you don't like it don't post here" this is a forum for discussion. It's not here to just praise the Xbox. Negative opinions are just as valid as positive ones. The fact that there are so many negative opinions, with valid arguments, should tell you something.

Also, what browser ads on the PC? I haven't seen one of those in years. But those are there because they're from free services, not paid services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeta to the rescue! Browser adds keep trying to sell me a xbone, I highly doubt the xbox ads are any brighter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Also, what browser ads on the PC? I haven't seen one of those in years. But those are there because they're from free services, not paid services.
    Seriously? They are everywhere, do you use adblock or something?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Zeta to the rescue! Browser adds keep trying to sell me a xbone, I highly doubt the xbox ads are any brighter.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? They are everywhere, do you use adblock or something?
    Maybe that's his point, like mine. On the PC you can stop any/all adverts from being shown. On the XBox you're not only PAYING to see them, but you can't advoid them either unless you choose not to pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Maybe that's his point, like mine. On the PC you can stop any/all adverts from being shown. On the XBox you're not only PAYING to see them, but you can't advoid them either unless you choose not to pay.
    Yes, I wasn't sure I f was missing something between the lines thats for sure.

Yeah that was my point, I can get rid of them on the PC, can't on the Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I defend it when people bitch about stupid shit that doesnt matter. THere is no reason you should just be chilling on the dashboard. unless your drunk and passed out. So i dont get the point of bitching about more adds there. There are allready adds there to begin with so who cares if there are more. I fired up my xbox this morning and spent a grand total of 12 seconds going to netflix and starting it up and ohh man was my day ruined by the adds. Stop bitching about shit just to bitch about it.

[uqote]To give you a better answer to your question I have idled many times on my dashboard just chatting to friends using the Part/Private chat system.
    And ads ruined your chat? Change the channel. Play an arcade game. Next people are gona complain about the adds that comcast plays while searching for shows or movies ondemand.[/QUOTE]What part of its my fucken xbox I will idle on the dashboard do you not get. Why must someone be forced to see a fucken add on there if they don't want to.

See this is why no one can talk to you on here because everytime you get asked a simple question you become a dick. Don't tell me there is no reason why I idle on it when I gave you a perfect reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Its there and there is nothing you can do about it. So dont buy the console becuase the dashboard screen has adds that might be tailored to what you do or like [ just like your browsers ads on the pc ] . If you dont like it so much dont buy it. Go reserve a ps4 and have a nice day. No one here is forced to purchase the console nor should they feel obligated to buy it if there are so many things about it they dont like.
    Hate to bust your bubble I don't get add's onmy browser because I use adblock

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I know right. I ask him a simple question and he act's like a dick and try's to tell me what I can and can't do on my xbox....kinda sounds like Microsoft don't he.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And ads ruined your chat? Change the channel. Play an arcade game. Next people are gona complain about the adds that comcast plays while searching for shows or movies ondemand.
    What part of its my fucken xbox I will idle on the dashboard do you not get. Why must someone be forced to see a fucken add on there if they don't want to.

See this is why no one can talk to you on here because everytime you get asked a simple question you become a dick. Don't tell me there is no reason why I idle on it when I gave you a perfect reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to bust your bubble I don't get add's onmy browser because I use adblock

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I know right. I ask him a simple question and he act's like a dick and try's to tell me what I can and can't do on my xbox....kinda sounds like Microsoft don't he.[/QUOTE]

If you dont like how it operates instead of wasting your time bitching and moaning dont use it. Dont buy it. Dont look at it. Since this is such a grave and heavenly problem call your friends on skype, and skip the xbox. You complain about it so much i wonder why you even turn it on.

Its not simple questions, its the same gripes for 196 pages now, people griping but still using the product or still planning on using it. Sorry but not everything is burgerking you cant always have it your way. for someone who hates the xbox and xbox one so insanely much you sure do seem to post alot in this thread.

Its not simple questions, its the same gripes for 196 pages now, people griping but still using the product or still planning on using it. Sorry but not everything is burgerking you cant always have it your way. for someone who hates the xbox and xbox one so insanely much you sure do seem to post alot in this thread.
    It's the XBox discussion thread, not the XBox praise thread.

I've owned a 360 back when it still had the "blades" interface, way, WAY before any kind of adverts ever cropped up on the dashboard. I think I started subbing to Live right around the time that they re-did the dashboard or just before, so around 2-3 years ago. I've always moaned and complained to my friends (who also think the same) about how bad the layout is for finding even your own games, the adverts and the way the largest icon on the dashboard is an advert.

My sub used to re-new around September but around Decemeber I think I cancelld it, for exactly those reasons. I didn't see any need to keep paying for the privillage to be shown adverts for Fifa games when I've never even put one inside my machine.

The stupid thing with Microsoft is they had an okay deal (you pay them £40 a year to use their "service"), but it's slowly gotten worse over time. Not only is their console UI a mess (it takes about 10 button presses just to get into the Arcade games section on the store), but you're now forced to view adverts for a service you PAY for. Now Sony did the right thing, had a tottally free service and slowly improoved it over time by allowing you to go online, watch youtube videos, Netflix and play online all for free. When they started to put a cost onto it though, they give you a pretty good deal. As long as you keep subscribing, you get games for your PS3 and Vita, which you keep for as long as you're subbed and they're normally pretty good titles.

Microsoft not only charged from the outset for a feature that didn't need to have a cost associated with it, but when they try to "improove" it, they give you Assassin's Creed 2 and an XBox Live game. Plus you've gotta look at adverts. Plus you'll soon have to have Kinect listening in and performing targetted marketting on you.

If you honestly think you're going to win people over to wanting to pay for XBox live with the state it's in right now, unless they're an avid COD, Fifa or Halo player (who would already be paying for it), then you can't start the argument with those people. You need to be saying to Microsoft "Oi, people don't like your service, how about you make it a better deal?" rather than telling the people that don't enjoy it to buy into something they dislike.

This clearly works, as Microsoft did that whole 180 on changing the XBone's online policies. Telling people to #dealwithit dosn't work. If Microsoft is fine with having a smaller market share then push always online, push adverts for an already paid service, push "spying" on the consumer, push agressive marketing tactics (see that guy who was in the WiiU line).

I just don't get why someone would so ferventy choose to be an un-offical mouth-piece for Microsoft, constantly telling people that the XBOne is the best thing ever, when you're not getting paid for it and ultimately no-one cares. I only care so much as that someone who looks at this thread dosn't just read almost 200 pages of "MICROSOFT IS AWESOME! GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!" without being able to read why they should be giving them their cash.

15+ Year Old Account
    The ads are bothersome because it bloats me getting to what I want to get to. I'm fine if they put tons of ads as long as they're not intrusive. Tasks shouldn't take 3 times as long to do because I have to scroll through six pages instead of two in order to get to the section I'm trying to access. If they want to put ads in the "blank" spaces that's fine with me, but don't put them in my way and make me work around them
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

It's the XBox discussion thread, not the XBox praise thread.

I've owned a 360 back when it still had the "blades" interface, way, WAY before any kind of adverts ever cropped up on the dashboard. I think I started subbing to Live right around the time that they re-did the dashboard or just before, so around 2-3 years ago. I've always moaned and complained to my friends (who also think the same) about how bad the layout is for finding even your own games, the adverts and the way the largest icon on the dashboard is an advert.

My sub used to re-new around September but around Decemeber I think I cancelld it, for exactly those reasons. I didn't see any need to keep paying for the privillage to be shown adverts for Fifa games when I've never even put one inside my machine.

The stupid thing with Microsoft is they had an okay deal (you pay them £40 a year to use their "service"), but it's slowly gotten worse over time. Not only is their console UI a mess (it takes about 10 button presses just to get into the Arcade games section on the store), but you're now forced to view adverts for a service you PAY for. Now Sony did the right thing, had a tottally free service and slowly improoved it over time by allowing you to go online, watch youtube videos, Netflix and play online all for free. When they started to put a cost onto it though, they give you a pretty good deal. As long as you keep subscribing, you get games for your PS3 and Vita, which you keep for as long as you're subbed and they're normally pretty good titles.

Microsoft not only charged from the outset for a feature that didn't need to have a cost associated with it, but when they try to "improove" it, they give you Assassin's Creed 2 and an XBox Live game. Plus you've gotta look at adverts. Plus you'll soon have to have Kinect listening in and performing targetted marketting on you.

If you honestly think you're going to win people over to wanting to pay for XBox live with the state it's in right now, unless they're an avid COD, Fifa or Halo player (who would already be paying for it), then you can't start the argument with those people. You need to be saying to Microsoft "Oi, people don't like your service, how about you make it a better deal?" rather than telling the people that don't enjoy it to buy into something they dislike.

This clearly works, as Microsoft did that whole 180 on changing the XBone's online policies. Telling people to #dealwithit dosn't work. If Microsoft is fine with having a smaller market share then push always online, push adverts for an already paid service, push "spying" on the consumer, push agressive marketing tactics (see that guy who was in the WiiU line).

I just don't get why someone would so ferventy choose to be an un-offical mouth-piece for Microsoft, constantly telling people that the XBOne is the best thing ever, when you're not getting paid for it and ultimately no-one cares. I only care so much as that someone who looks at this thread dosn't just read almost 200 pages of "MICROSOFT IS AWESOME! GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!" without being able to read why they should be giving them their cash.
    I never once said the xbox is the best thing ever. Not once will you see a post from me saying that. Im just getting tired of 196 pages and people either bitching about stupid small shit or just complaining to hear themselves talk. Iv allready said many times if you dont like the system no one is forcing you to buy it. If ads on the dashboard absolutely ruin your fucking life dont buy the console. If you think microsoft gives a shit enough to spy on you dont buy the console its that simple. Im not praising the console im just not with the group of fucking lemmings jumping off the cliff cus its the cool thing to do. They have charged for xbox live simply becuase it was the console online that set the standard. It is bounds better and yes iv used both. I couldnt stand PSN when it was free let alone paying for it now.

These ads arnt like Yahoo or MSN when your trying to read a fucking news story and shit pops up. On a dashboard pane there are say 10 box's 6 of them may be adds, you can navigate to and open any app arcade game or fuction in under 10 seconds on the 360 even with the ads. Im not trying to win anyone over im just tired of ignorant qq, conspiracy theorys that have no foundation and people just bashing cus its the hip thing to do.

I never once said the xbox is the best thing ever. Not once will you see a post from me saying that.
    What we see is every time someone says something negative about the xbone you're there to defend it. If you don't like the negativity then don't read the thread. It's likely to continue until MS gets their act together.

And the ads can be really small but that doesn't change the fact that after paying 500 for the console and 60 a year for live that you're still going to get ads and that's ridiculous. There's your foundation. Do you have an argument for them with a foundation?
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2013-07-10 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    What we see is every time someone says something negative about the xbone you're there to defend it. If you don't like the negativity then don't read the thread. It's likely to continue until MS gets their act together.

And the ads can be really small but that doesn't change the fact that after paying 500 for the console and 60 a year for live that you're still going to get ads and that's ridiculous. There's your foundation. Do you have an argument for them with a foundation?
    Life isnt fair deal with it. Playstation will have ads. They in no way inhibit your play or experience, its just there and you can not look at it. I know thats a hard concept.

First off fix your post if you don't mind the quote didn't work right.

Now to answer your comment. I if I payed for my console it belongs to me fuck what the TES or ELU or w/e say's it belongs to me and if I am a gold paying Xbox Live player "I no longer am nore do I play xbox anymore" I do not want to see pointless add's on my dashboard. I have given you reasons to why I don't want to see them and yet you have not be able to give a good reason to why a gold paying member is forced to see them. All you keep saying is ether don't idle on the dashboard and you don't see them long. nether of those points matter I don't want to see them at all.

Once more and I am tired of telling you this is the Xbox One Discussion and that is what I am talking about I do not need to only post happy sun shine posts if I want to rag on the xbox one for 20000 pages I can as long as I do not break any rules.

Also I love how you avoided my question so once more ill ask it. Is there anything that Microsoft dose that you don't like because I have yet to see you say one negative thing about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Life isnt fair deal with it. Playstation will have ads. They in no way inhibit your play or experience, its just there and you can not look at it. I know thats a hard concept.
    Right it will have ad's and good change it will ether show up in the store or a little bar at the bottom like how it was on the Ps3 and that is out of the way and 99.9% of the time it was game related and mostly talking about the sells going on in the store.

Xbox 360 on the other hand has been showing stupid shit like World Of Warcraft/Axe Body spray and other useless things.

I don't like Ad's on the ps3 ether but at lease its about something I do like GAMES and not useless stupid shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

First off fix your post if you don't mind the quote didn't work right.

Now to answer your comment. I if I payed for my console it belongs to me fuck what the TES or ELU or w/e say's it belongs to me and if I am a gold paying Xbox Live player "I no longer am nore do I play xbox anymore" I do not want to see pointless add's on my dashboard. I have given you reasons to why I don't want to see them and yet you have not be able to give a good reason to why a gold paying member is forced to see them. All you keep saying is ether don't idle on the dashboard and you don't see them long. nether of those points matter I don't want to see them at all.

Once more and I am tired of telling you this is the Xbox One Discussion and that is what I am talking about I do not need to only post happy sun shine posts if I want to rag on the xbox one for 20000 pages I can as long as I do not break any rules.

Also I love how you avoided my question so once more ill ask it. Is there anything that Microsoft dose that you don't like because I have yet to see you say one negative thing about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Right it will have ad's and good change it will ether show up in the store or a little bar at the bottom like how it was on the Ps3 and that is out of the way and 99.9% of the time it was game related and mostly talking about the sells going on in the store.

Xbox 360 on the other hand has been showing stupid shit like World Of Warcraft/Axe Body spray and other useless things.

I don't like Ad's on the ps3 ether but at lease its about something I do like GAMES and not useless stupid shit.
    There are user agreements you agree to when you start using a console or signup for xbox live. If you didnt want ads you shouldnt have agreed to them. And all the ads i see on my xbox have been for new games and addons for new games and e3 stuff. Dont see any axe or world of warcraft stuff.

There are user agreements you agree to when you start using a console or signup for xbox live. If you didnt want ads you shouldnt have agreed to them. And all the ads i see on my xbox have been for new games and addons for new games and e3 stuff. Dont see any axe or world of warcraft stuff.
    Once more you avoided my question and until you can give me a real answer to it I personally got nothing more to say to you.

For the last time is there anything microsoft dose that you disagree with.

Also just because I agreed "At the time I don't now" to some agreement dose not mean I also have to like it I still find it to be bullshit and agreements be dammed my console is my console if I want to mod it I will if I want to light it on fire and throw it in the river ill do that as well.
    As far as I'm concerned if I spend money on it it belongs to me the only exception I make is for MMO's because while I did buy the CD and I do own that in order for me to play it I must play on there servers and the cost is small.

If I am going to pay 500$ for a console I better be able to play it offline/online and....IT BETTER BE ABLE TO COOK MY DINNER "that last part was a joke"

Once Consoles become 100% like PC's "and there getting close to it" ill just PC game because at that time consoles would lose all there perks that I like.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-10 at 05:18 AM.

Once more you avoided my question and until you can give me a real answer to it I personally got nothing more to say to you.

For the last time is there anything microsoft dose that you disagree with.

Also just because I agreed "At the time I don't now" to some agreement dose not mean I also have to like it I still find it to be bullshit and agreements be dammed my console is my console if I want to mod it I will if I want to light it on fire and throw it in the river ill do that as well.
    As far as I'm concerned if I spend money on it it belongs to me the only exception I make is for MMO's because while I did buy the CD and I do own that in order for me to play it I must play on there servers and the cost is small.

If I am going to pay 500$ for a console I better be able to play it offline/online and....IT BETTER BE ABLE TO COOK MY DINNER "that last part was a joke"

Once Consoles become 100% like PC's "and there getting close to it" ill just PC game because at that time consoles would lose all there perks that I like.
    You can be concerned all you want and demand all you want but in the end this is what it is. You can feel your entitled to having no ads all right but again in the end its there and u signed the user agreement. I want lots of shit in life to be the way i want it to work but the breaks are it doesnt. So blasting that YOU BOUGHT IT and its YOUR CONSOLE and it should work how YOU want it to doesnt mean it will.

Im not a fan of the kinect at all and will never see myself using it unless i have to. I didnt like the wiimote shit and avoided games that didnt support cube controllers. I dont like them going back on the drm shit cus that gets rid of alot of utilitys that they had announced but nixed in the wake of no drm, IE playing a friends game while they arnt playing it. accessing your library virtually from anywhere. I also think the new controller looks a bit like the old s type and would prefer the same xbox 360 but i guess i felt the same way going from s type to 360. Im getting all console save the wii u i even have a 3ds, But i do not follow the hip craze on whats the bitch about.

As much shit as you guys talk about the xbox one its preorders are sold out all over. Just like the playstations.

As much shit as you guys talk about the xbox one its preorders are sold out all over. Just like the playstations.
    To be fair on this point, Microsoft has had a far smaller initial stock than Sony has had.

Deleted
    If you dont like how it operates instead of wasting your time bitching and moaning dont use it. Dont buy it. Dont look at it. Since this is such a grave and heavenly problem call your friends on skype, and skip the xbox. You complain about it so much i wonder why you even turn it on.
    If you don't like how people are bitching and moaning about it don't post. Don't look at it.

etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    To be fair on this point, Microsoft has had a far smaller initial stock than Sony has had.
    Aye gamestop got something like 14 xboxs to sony's 60.

Aye gamestop got something like 14 xboxs to sony's 60.

Where did you get this information and since when is gamestop the only store that sells next gen consoles?