Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I don't even step foot inside of a Gamestop anymore. Haven't for years now. They overcharge for any of their used stuff and don't give you shit in return for yours. Their customer service sucks. And more often than not, the workers annoy the hell out of me.
    You can buy Pokemon X and Y in the best buy b1g1f sale($40 for both) tomorrow and flip them to gamestop for $27 each with their current 50% trade in promo. Net profit of $14. So I think the bold is spoken by the mouth of a man who doesn't know how to exploit their deals.

Not only do they pay out pretty decently with certain promos, you can straight up profit from them at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well that didn't take long...

Especially right after Edge's warning and acknowledging it.

Can we not do this console war thing again...
    Neither you or edge have a leg to stand on since it was edges posts that started the whole discussion down the path.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 doesn't.
    What? Lets not be disingenuous here. What you just said is 100% factually incorrect, its ill thought out posts like these that cause fanboy wars in mmo.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-07-20 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    What? Lets not be disingenuous here. What you just said is 100% factually incorrect, its ill thought out posts like these that cause fanboy wars in mmo.
    How is it incorrect? The Xbox can literally do more than the PS4 atm. Nothing incorrect about it.

How is it incorrect? The Xbox can literally do more than the PS4 atm. Nothing incorrect about it.
    Except of course if you're pushing every bit of ram out of everything in both consoles, the xbone would be left in the dust. I say this as a proud xbone owner who returned his ps4 a week after getting it day 1 after realizing there was literally nothing on the ps4 alone that I wanted for the next 2 years (neither consoles had any issues).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Except of course if you're pushing every bit of ram out of everything in both consoles, the xbone would be left in the dust. I say this as a proud xbone owner who returned his ps4 a week after getting it day 1 after realizing there was literally nothing on the ps4 alone that I wanted for the next 2 years (neither consoles had any issues).
    Wasn't talking about specs. Was talking about all the features the Xbox One has over the PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can buy Pokemon X and Y in the best buy b1g1f sale($40 for both) tomorrow and flip them to gamestop for $27 each with their current 50% trade in promo. Net profit of $14. So I think the bold is spoken by the mouth of a man who doesn't know how to exploit their deals.

Not only do they pay out pretty decently with certain promos, you can straight up profit from them at times.
    Wow. Ok. Outside of a select few time windows, however, they more often than not screw you over with how little they pay you.

Wow. Ok. Outside of a select few time windows, however, they more often than not screw you over with how little they pay you.
    Uhh no, they almost ALWAYS have a promotion running that can be exploited. If you are ever taking base trade in values from gamestop you're doing it wrong.

There is almost always a 40% bonus promotion, and there is a 60% every few months.

Just because you don't know how to read adds and ask for the promotion doesn't mean they don't exist. Gamestop has the Darwin logic on gamers, if you're stupid enough to take base value they'll let you.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-07-20 at 10:40 AM.

Uhh no, they almost ALWAYS have a promotion running that can be exploited. If you are ever taking base trade in values from gamestop you're doing it wrong.

There is almost always a 40% bonus promotion, and there is a 60% every few months.

Just because you don't know how to read adds and ask for the promotion doesn't mean they don't exist. Gamestop has the Darwin logic on gamers, if you're stupid enough to take base value they'll let you.
    My bad. I guess you can chalk it up to Gamestop being a shitty place in general and me never wanting to go near one. I haven't stepped foot inside of one for several years now because of some of their business practices and how 9 times out of 10, their workers are annoying as hell to deal with. That and I can't stand listening to the idiotic soccer moms argue with the workers over shit they don't have a clue on. Gamestop is overrated. I don't know of anyone personally who goes there to buy games anymore. It's either Walmart, Target, Best Buy, or Amazon.

My bad. I guess you can chalk it up to Gamestop being a shitty place in general and me never wanting to go near one. I haven't stepped foot inside of one for several years now because of some of their business practices and how 9 times out of 10, their workers are annoying as hell to deal with. That and I can't stand listening to the idiotic soccer moms argue with the workers over shit they don't have a clue on. Gamestop is overrated. I don't know of anyone personally who goes there to buy games anymore. It's either Walmart, Target, Best Buy, or Amazon.
    I buy games at best buy or amazon(mostly best buy as gcu basically means I either do or almost break even after the trade in), beat them trade them into gamestop and use the gamestop credit to buy amazon/best buy gift cards. Sometimes Target/Walmart/best buy will have better trade offers and I will trade them there but it's rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said you wanted a console that can do more than just play games and the ps4 doesnt, i dont even own one but know how incorrect that is.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You said you wanted a console that can do more than just play games and the ps4 doesnt, i dont even own one but know how incorrect that is.
    While I may have exaggerated a bit, the fact still stands that the Xbox has more features and can do more of the "more than just games" things than what the PS4 does. The August update supporting 3D Bluray playback is a perfect example of that.

Stop nitpicking when you know I'm right.

While I may have exaggerated a bit, the fact still stands that the Xbox has more features and can do more of the "more than just games" things than what the PS4 does. The August update supporting 3D Bluray playback is a perfect example of that.

The PS3 can do more then the Xbox One can.

By your logic you should buy a last gen console because it's one of the better entertainment centers on the market?

By your logic you should buy a last gen console because it's one of the better entertainment centers on the market?
    Yeah ok. Because I'm going to totally buy a last gen console when the new ones are available and there are going to be games coming out on them that the last gen consoles won't get. We're talking solely about the NEW consoles here. Not the old ones. But nice try at being a smartass. Your comment is pointless. And yes, we get it.....you hate the Xbox One. You've made your point several times over. Leave the thread and go do something productive now.

Both of the last gens can do more than the current gens, until future updates that is. The current gens can do the few things (like games) better than the last.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Both of the last gens can do more than the current gens, until future updates that is. The current gens can do the few things (like games) better than the last.
    He's trying to compare apples to oranges. Just ignore him for now. Only reason he is in this thread is to hate on the Xbox One.

He's trying to compare apples to oranges. Just ignore him for now. Only reason he is in this thread is to hate on the Xbox One.
    Nah, I am making a point, since it flew over your head we'll let it be what it is.

BTW I'm also pretty sure I owned a Xbox One before you did. Such a hater I am.

Nah, I am making a point, since it flew over your head we'll let it be what it is.

BTW I'm also pretty sure I owned a Xbox One before you did. Such a hater I am.
    Nothing flew over my head. You typed out a smartass comment that wasn't even relevant to the discussion at hand (we were talking about Xbox One and PS4.....not the last gen consoles).

And no I don't think you did have one before me. I have the Day One edition as well as a second one that I just bought a few weeks ago.

But nice try assuming things. You can leave now. The door is that way ->

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said it was an ill thought out post.

But 3d bluray? I think I saw one person buy a 3d bluray about 6 months ago, but I'm sure thats a benefit worth having for at least a few people. I will agree the Xbox has some features outside of gaming that the ps4 doesn't but that was never your premise from how you posted, be more careful how word things :P Otherwise you look like an xobx fanboy hating on the ps4.

Nothing flew over my head. You typed out a smartass comment that wasn't even relevant to the discussion at hand (we were talking about Xbox One and PS4.....not the last gen consoles).

And no I don't think you did have one before me. I have the Day One edition as well as a second one that I just bought a few weeks ago.

But nice try assuming things. You can leave now. The door is that way ->
    Considering I had the Day One edition on November 20th, 1 day before release because best buy over estimated their shipping time, yes I'm pretty sure I owned a One before you did. You like to set yourself up for a trap don't you? It wasn't an assumption, it was something I knew 99% was a fact as only couple hundred people had the same "problem" happen to them.

But since you want me to talk about current gen features and what an Xbox One doesn't have...

An Xbox One can't pre load pre ordered games.
    Xbox One has 3-4x the install time of its competitor depending on the game http://kotaku.com/installing-xbox-on...ong-1471191836
    Xbox One doesn't have a cloud service lined up that will let it play 360 and original xbox games

Both companies are prioritizing different features to add. All I'm doing is pointing out your blind fanboyism. I have owned every major console in a generation since the 16 bit era. No where do I "hate" the xbox brand, and I make fun of sony fanboys and nintendo ones all alike. If you're gonna sound ridiculous and make stretches to claim X is better then Y I'm going to call you out on it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-07-21 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hitting low depths in a thread when you discuss who got a console first.