Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Do you have a kinect or not?
    No i don't have Kinect.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I bought an Xbox One last week (PC gamer at heart) but with the recent dry spell in good games i decided to give it a crack mainly Halo.

I like most things about it except the drops in frame rate sometimes and the menu interface is really annoying to use, does anyone know if theres an easier way to minimise skype without having to open it to full screen then pressing "B" to get rid of it while playing a game?
    Press the xbox button twice then down with the left stick to unsnap anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Press the xbox button twice then down with the left stick to unsnap anything.
    the framerate drop in halo 2 annevesarry is mainly due to the game still being on the old halo 2 engine just majorly reskinned.

Though it has been mainly shown as a Windows 10 accessory, you guys think they would eventually pair the Hololens with the Xbone?

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    That maybe true I just don't like the fact that my eyes are far quicker than my joystick, where as when I play with my cursor pretty much moves with my eyes.

I don't like the delayed feeling with a controller it just feels like I'm playing a slower paced game, I see him but I can't kill yet gotta wait for my controller to catch up with my eyes and mind.
    Its only delayed because you have poor hand eye cordination. They delay is all your thumbs and fingers and none of the controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its only delayed because you have poor hand eye cordination. They delay is all your thumbs and fingers and none of the controller.
    You're funny, I've never seen someone stick up for something that is bad as much as you. I see it in other threads about the Xbox, or controller, or anything related to it at all. You can't speak bad about it at all and always resort to name calling, it's pitiful. Other people seem to notice it too.

In the last two pages you've without any basis to your claim called someone shit at console games because he thinks a controller is shit compared to mouse and keyboard (which it is). Now you're again, without any facts, saying that someone has bad hand eye coordination because of something that he, and a lot of other people think.

You realise things don't improve when you brown-nose the fuck out of it right? You are allowed to talk bad about something you love. I play Xbox quite a bit, I'm bashing Halo and Destiny atm, it's fun, this week alone I've played a crap load of Crucible.. It doesn't mean it doesn't have it's problems, it has plenty, and I would rather point out those problems and hope they get fixed instead of only talking about the good things to everyone and raging at people that have problems with it.

Let's stop the keyboard/mouse vs. gamepad argument please, these are never productive and they don't usually end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Let's stop the keyboard/mouse vs. gamepad argument please, these are never productive and they don't usually end well.
    actually its very relevant when the topic is the fact that the new Windows os will allow xbox games to be played with keyboard and mouse thus cross platform and control play is also relevant. Sometimes discussions become heated.

Now you're again, without any facts, saying that someone has bad hand eye coordination because of something that he, and a lot of other people think.
    When the claim is that there is a delay with the input takes the same amount of time as a keyboard and mouse then yes its use fault.

You realise things don't improve when you brown-nose the fuck out of it right? You are allowed to talk bad about something you love. I play Xbox quite a bit, I'm bashing Halo and Destiny atm, it's fun, this week alone I've played a crap load of Crucible.. It doesn't mean it doesn't have it's problems, it has plenty, and I would rather point out those problems and hope they get fixed instead of only talking about the good things to everyone and raging at people that have problems with it.
    I play pc shooters very regularly as well, but the amount of people that shit on controlers as a fps control scheme because they are used to it gets old. Its not somthing your going to pick up and instantly be good at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I play pc shooters very regularly as well, but the amount of people that shit on controlers as a fps control scheme because they are used to it gets old. Its not somthing your going to pick up and instantly be good at.
    That's the thing though, I'll admit some people may complain about it because they're not good at it. But you assumed that's why I complained about it, when it really wasn't.

On the PC I'd consider myself very good at fps games, with a controller though I'm above average but definitely not bad. The thing is, the joysticks just aren't accurate enough.

Pro fps players on consoles look worse than average PC players (In terms of aim that is). Autoaim has to be included because of how much error there is using the joysticks, without autoaim controllers wouldn't be used at all for fps games. Even with autoaim the amount of other problems which include, turning speed, lack of control and lack of pinpoint movement are just too big of a problem. For a casual gamer this doesn't matter, someone who wants to just kick back and kill people, they can use what ever they prefer.

But when you enjoy the fast paced killing which is all down to skill (when autoaim is involved, there is definitely less skill) a controller just isn't good enough. I'll agree, it still requires skill to play a controller well, a pro console player would destroy me on the console, but even then it feels like handicapping yourself.

The other day when I got a 8 k/d in destiny, I didn't feel like I played well, It just didn't give me the satisfaction. If I had that footage and watched it back, the amount of shots missed and the way I moved around just look so sluggish and crap compared to that with a K+M. Even when watching pro's play halo etc, you can notice they do it too.

I know you're not going to agree with me, but I've explained my point so I'm not going to continue further with the discussion. I've had the same discussion with so many people in the past, like Edge said, it's never productive and doesn't end well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    That's the thing though, I'll admit some people may complain about it because they're not good at it. But you assumed that's why I complained about it, when it really wasn't.

On the PC I'd consider myself very good at fps games, with a controller though I'm above average but definitely not bad. The thing is, the joysticks just aren't accurate enough.

Pro fps players on consoles look worse than average PC players (In terms of aim that is). Autoaim has to be included because of how much error there is using the joysticks, without autoaim controllers wouldn't be used at all for fps games. Even with autoaim the amount of other problems which include, turning speed, lack of control and lack of pinpoint movement are just too big of a problem. For a casual gamer this doesn't matter, someone who wants to just kick back and kill people, they can use what ever they prefer.

But when you enjoy the fast paced killing which is all down to skill (when autoaim is involved, there is definitely less skill) a controller just isn't good enough. I'll agree, it still requires skill to play a controller well, a pro console player would destroy me on the console, but even then it feels like handicapping yourself.

The other day when I got a 8 k/d in destiny, I didn't feel like I played well, It just didn't give me the satisfaction. If I had that footage and watched it back, the amount of shots missed and the way I moved around just look so sluggish and crap compared to that with a K+M. Even when watching pro's play halo etc, you can notice they do it too.

I know you're not going to agree with me, but I've explained my point so I'm not going to continue further with the discussion. I've had the same discussion with so many people in the past, like Edge said, it's never productive and doesn't end well. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Autoaim is a rather big factor but some fps games are getting rid of them, check halo 5. Autoaim was pretty much nonexistant and then the pro players were shit and a new level of people rose up above them.

I'll just say that there is a reason no traditional FPS games put console and PC users on the same servers, even with the ability to do so. Several tried in the past and ... let's just say it was not pretty at all for the console users.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I'll just say that there is a reason no traditional FPS games put console and PC users on the same servers, even with the ability to do so. Several tried in the past and ... let's just say it was not pretty at all for the console users.
    There has never been a great test to prove either way. While the general consensus to most people is a mouse is more accurate, those are your average joes on the internet.

In reality, Counterstrike Pros use mouse, CoD and Halo pros use controllers. It's not like there is a competitive community that uses both to accurately test people of similar skill levels against each other.

I don't see how this is even up for discussion. I will refrain from saying more though, as I'm sure it's just a circular argument to those that don't know better. Why would you even bring up CoD and Halo when they're arcade-style garbage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...84503534#t=323

Try doing something like that with a controller. Requires a lot of snap aim, whipping back 300 degrees in a tenth of a second for the rocket jumps, etc.

Why would I bring up CoD and Halo? Because outside of CS they are the only other FPS games with a decently large pro scene.

I thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

In MLG they don't play CoD on PC with KB/Mouse, they play it on Xbox with controllers.

Also fucking lawl that you described CoD and Halo as "arcade-style" and link a damn TF2 video. Do you know what arcade-style is at all?

Also your post shows your lack of knowledge on FPS as a whole, if you think you need to fully pan your camera to turn around on a controller you're wrong.

Like I said, to your average Joe who played on both mouse is likely to seem more accurate. Ask some CoD pro and you may get a very different answer.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I don't see how this is even up for discussion. I will refrain from saying more though, as I'm sure it's just a circular argument to those that don't know better. Why would you even bring up CoD and Halo when they're arcade-style garbage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...84503534#t=323

Try doing something like that with a controller. Requires a lot of snap aim, whipping back 300 degrees in a tenth of a second for the rocket jumps, etc.
    I don't see how this is even up for discussion. I won't refrain from saying this is a console specific thread, so pc vs console or pc kb&m vs controller is not appropriate here anyway; it would deserve its own thread as this is derailing xb1 and related topics.

I'll agree that you speak in a way that shows lack of knowledge; as someone with both knowledge and the correct objective position on a matter need not belittle the opposing topic, discussions on it, nor the people in the discussion.

While I may personally think a kb&m seems more efficient, I don't play fps and don't care to, irrelevant to me, irrelevant to the thread. Discussing the games on the console and how they are played on the console; its games and all that crap is what seems right for the thread; not pc master race bs; want to tell people to turn with a mouse? There are plenty of threads discussing that on the wow side of the forums
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Halo 5 anyone? Yes please, I'll take some with a side of Master Chief.

So, I want an Xbox One. I was going to wait until the new Gears of War comes out to pick up the inevitable Xbox Gears of War bundle with the red system, but months are going by and not a peep from the developer on it's progress.

Now that the system is down to $350 anyway I'm just thinking I should get it. Gears isn't looking like it will be out for another year AT LEAST, so maybe by then I can just trade it in for the new one (if they actually have a Gears edition system).

I dunno.

Destiny on 360 looks like ass, don't think I can deal with it anymore.

Is the Halo Xbox One bundle a good deal? I've never really played much Halo.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So, I want an Xbox One. I was going to wait until the new Gears of War comes out to pick up the inevitable Xbox Gears of War bundle with the red system, but months are going by and not a peep from the developer on it's progress.

Now that the system is down to $350 anyway I'm just thinking I should get it. Gears isn't looking like it will be out for another year AT LEAST, so maybe by then I can just trade it in for the new one (if they actually have a Gears edition system).

I dunno.

I honestly can't think of anything good to say about the Xbone from the perspective of just gaming. The UI is slow and the entire thing is awkward to use. Functionally the 360 was superior. They change and update everything constantly because they know it isn't that great too so maybe they'll have it all fixed up in a few years. MCC is getting better but it is, to this day, the most buggy Halo release ever. If it weren't for the actual hardware the 360 would be better in every single way as a gaming platform.

That doesn't mean the xbone is bad or worthless or anything like that. It just isn't very special. Nothing groundbreaking and nothing perfected. Its pretty average as far as consoles go
    Last edited by Erolian; 2015-03-31 at 01:25 AM.

I dunno.

Buying a console for one or two games is dumb. It's why I didn't go with a Ps4, I got much more enjoyment out of my WiiU because of the sheer number of games that are just amazingly fun for me.

I would look into the games xbone has and see if anything interest you besides destiny and gears of war and do research on the games that interest you to see if they even did well (the order turned out to be horrible for ps4 players).
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I dunno.

They havnt even announced the new gears yet so your going to be waiting some time.