Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I gave it some thought and agreed. I swear, I think I'm on drugs half the time I make my posts.

Yeah, even with the 40% buff, my AoE still feels like shit. Stuff STILL dies faster when I spam NT on everything rather than Blizzard.

OP has been edited and updated because it looked like a pile of shit.
    We AoE better than all classes but locks, but our AoE is complex. See how ridiculous well-timed frozen orbs are on Heroic Tortos?
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/03yh1...&e=1983#Akraen

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    We AoE better than all classes but locks, but our AoE is complex. See how ridiculous well-timed frozen orbs are on Heroic Tortos?
    I was referring to Arc/Fire, and Frost when Orb isn't up (e.g., Sustained AoE)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I was referring to Arc/Fire, and Frost when Orb isn't up (e.g., Sustained AoE)
    Yeah, my logs indicate your point... everything relies upon Frozen Orb so much.

Massively disagree. Frozen orb is limited to Frost, the class as a whole has very poor AoE. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that only locks do better AoE, can you enlighten me? To give you an example, here's our last heroic Tortos kill - ranged were specifically told to avoid touching bats, so we have ~5% total damage on them over the entire encounter (no frost bomb, no Orb/glyphed CoC, etc).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2121&e=2494

Edit - phrasing.
    Edit 2 - phrasing again, trying not to come across as an ass.
    Last edited by Kytal; 2013-05-26 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My log is kind of the point, Kytal.

Look at the amount of AoE a frost mage can sustain while also focusing single target on Whirl Turtles and Tortos. Warlocks do it better than we do, but other classes are massively behind both mages and locks unless they strictly pad.

Avoiding bats, why? You can just keep them slowed until they slowly die by utilizing smart AoE tactics that come at a minimal single target loss.

My log is kind of the point, Kytal.

Look at the amount of AoE a frost mage can sustain while also focusing single target on Whirl Turtles and Tortos. Warlocks do it better than we do, but other classes are massively behind both mages and locks unless they strictly pad.

Avoiding bats, why? You can just keep them slowed until they slowly die by utilizing smart AoE tactics that come at a minimal single target loss.
    I saw your log, and it's nothing special in comparison to the AoE DPS our melee are throwing out (without padding, by the way), hence my point. As ranged we avoid hitting them because it takes us off of whirl turtles, and they evaporate to the melee AoE anyhow (and the AoE multishot/misdirect the hunter throws out). I'm not saying we couldn't hit them and take any serious loss to killing turtles, but with them dying instantly, there's no real reason to swap.
    Last edited by Kytal; 2013-05-26 at 09:54 PM.