10+ Year Old Account

any numbers on searing totem buff?

The following summoned pets/totems will now chain cast their spells with no delay between casts, allowing them to cast their spells more frequently in the same amount of time.
    Shaman: Searing Totem

Is it a noticeable dps gain?

Its only extra 2 bolts per minute. In 5.2 we'd get 36bolts per cast, in 5.3 it will be 38.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Its only extra 2 bolts per minute. In 5.2 we'd get 36bolts per cast, in 5.3 it will be 38.
    Do you have any proof of that?

I actually read somewhere that our Searing Totem will now scale with HASTE due to this change, so i hope you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Do you have any proof of that?

I actually read somewhere that our Searing Totem will now scale with HASTE due to this change, so i hope you are wrong.
    I don't have any proof other than my experience on live vs PTR. Its an easy thing to test, just drop it and track how many attacks it does until it despawns. Then get naked and do it again to see if the values differ.

The oddest thing I noticed while testing is that sometime it'll take a little longer before it does to attack a target dummy. There were times where I'd drop it and it'd immediately begin its attack and i'd get 39 procs. Then there there were other times where it'd stall for a half sec before attacking, and I'd get 38 bolts. The PTR was very laggy so it could be attributed to that.

Field Marshal RagequitTheShaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.5 second cast time no matter your haste, and yea 39 procs if it instantly goes and 38 procs if it holds

Deleted
    Dont ever pull out a searing totem on trash thats not going to long over 30 seconds