Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Rate the mage above you ( Patch 5.2 + )

    Hey there! haven't seen one of these threads around in a while, and considering i see some threads pop up about "fix my gear or help me get more dps" i thought it would be a nice idea to get one of these threads rolling again!

    I'll start out

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Karudo/simple

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    Hey there! haven't seen one of these threads around in a while, and considering i see some threads pop up about "fix my gear or help me get more dps" i thought it would be a nice idea to get one of these threads rolling again!

    I'll start out

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Karudo/simple
    hmm in my rather limited experience as a mage ( only played one as a main since start of MoP) you seem quite reasonable, id use nether tempest instead of frost bomb tbh, also gemming fully haste might work out better for you, but you'd need to use simcraft to work that out, also your not quite hit capped, your only about 30 hit rating off so may not make much difference but would still probably be better to get there. Im not really sure if you want me to give you a score out of 10 or something, but if so then 8/10.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eepoh/advanced

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by star-nosed-mole-man View Post
    hmm in my rather limited experience as a mage ( only played one as a main since start of MoP) you seem quite reasonable, id use nether tempest instead of frost bomb tbh, also gemming fully haste might work out better for you, but you'd need to use simcraft to work that out, also your not quite hit capped, your only about 30 hit rating off so may not make much difference but would still probably be better to get there. Im not really sure if you want me to give you a score out of 10 or something, but if so then 8/10.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eepoh/advanced
    Thanks for the responds!

    -Hitcap only 30 rating of is minimal so i'd rather be below the hitcap a bit then above, cause that means i could spend my stats in a better place.

    -I use Nethertempest for nearly all bosses but might switch to Living Bomb tommorow in 5.3 (I like to troll dungeons with Frost Bomb burst damage)

    -Gemming haste is something i've been looking into, but considering intellect is still far superior then haste isnt it?

    And i really need to pull my shit together and start learning how to theorycraft... considering my guild might be goign Heroics again soon.


    I'll leave somebody else to "rate" you, or else we will be stuck in an infinite loop !

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Methusula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,296
    Once you have RPPM trinkets, haste becomes the priority. As was stated above, only meticulously simming your toon with reforge plots will give you the exact answer. But as a rule of thumb, you gem for haste once you get your RPPM trinkets.

  5. #5
    LMG+Wush+BotH -> full haste gem will see pretty sick uptimes ^_^ especially if you're like 530 geared +. I havn't tried it out myself but might actually go frost after progress is done, should be fairly soon since we have very low % wipes on lei shen as of now I just wish mastery would scale better for PvE.

  6. #6
    The Patient Abraxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    203
    Everything looks fine!

    10/10

  7. #7
    Field Marshal Vouxility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    75
    I see Amory is still buggy with Expertise and Hitcap.

    Perfect Char

    I would rate you but fuck me I don't know german or w/e that shit is on your armory lol.
    Ops, fixed.
    Last edited by Vouxility; 2013-05-22 at 09:47 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouxility View Post
    I see Amory is still buggy with Expertise and Hitcap.

    Perfect Char

    I would rate you but fuck me I don't know german or w/e that shit is on your armory lol.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zavri/advanced

    This is my mage.

  9. #9
    I would take pom and change that ffb glyph to something more useful depending on fight or that glyph that reduces cast time on your armors and use mage armor when building combustions then switch back. 8/10

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    I would take pom and change that ffb glyph to something more useful depending on fight or that glyph that reduces cast time on your armors and use mage armor when building combustions then switch back. 8/10
    Gearwise not much to say great gear!

    Though i find the blacksmitting kind of weird

    For the glyps i do wonder why not cauterize, barier and invocation? They seem a lot better. Certainly cauterize can save your life!

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lisce/advanced

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisya View Post
    Gearwise not much to say great gear!

    Though i find the blacksmitting kind of weird

    For the glyps i do wonder why not cauterize, barier and invocation? They seem a lot better. Certainly cauterize can save your life!
    Blacksmithing is best profession behind engineering for mages, albeit only slightly. 640 secondary stats > 320 int usually

    For talents greater invis is used when there is predictable high damage intervals or to cheese certain mechanics (ionization on heroic jin, static shock on lei shen normal and heroic), cauterize is typically used when learning an encounter or when you think you may die, but greater invis becomes better so you can prevent the damage to help the raid. Temporal shield is just straight up better than barrier in probably 95% of cases, it's off the global and really helps smooth healing on you, really shines in maegara rampages for example. He's rune of power because he's arcane for ra-den, I'm assuming, to help kill the adds asap.


    As for your armory, your gear and whatnot all looks good, be sure you don't drop your 2pc t14 until you get 4pc t15. 8/10 rating from me.


    My armory:

    us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/illidan/Smolder/simple

    ps. yes I know I'm over hit cap will reforge optimize asap

  12. #12
    ^ everything lookin good!

    Here's my armory. Currently at the point of haste @ 18th NT tick that I'm phasing it out for more intel gems and mastery reforging. Still playing around with hard capping frostbolt with meta/lust proc.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...magee/advanced

  13. #13
    Looks allright although I would imagine Blazing Speed being pretty subpar for frost compared to PoM/Floes which is free casts during movement (PoM not so much maybe, but 2x FFB during Alter Time) and not sure if it's worth sacrificing that much int for the NT tick 7/10

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    why would you use pom to cast ffb?
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Looks allright although I would imagine Blazing Speed being pretty subpar for frost compared to PoM/Floes which is free casts during movement (PoM not so much maybe, but 2x FFB during Alter Time) and not sure if it's worth sacrificing that much int for the NT tick 7/10
    Thx for the input. For frost, that hard capped Frostbolt comes with higher gear levels which means you won't be sacrificing as much int as say, where my toon is currently at. I wouldn't dare try it now during progression, just an option once everything is cleared. The 18th NT tick is well worth going for it if you can obtain it easily. Once I obtained it I saw a significant DPS boost, as well did many others.

    As far as talents go, PoM is abysmal for frost and BS and Ice Floes are switched out on a fight per fight basis. Even then, I've found BSto be far more useful. We won't be casting FFB without a BF proc, at that point it's an instant cast. Maybe IOU meant Frostbolt instead. But the 1 min CD really isn't worth taking if you can get more mobility out of the other 2 talents on a more frequent basis.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Thx for the input. For frost, that hard capped Frostbolt comes with higher gear levels which means you won't be sacrificing as much int as say, where my toon is currently at. I wouldn't dare try it now during progression, just an option once everything is cleared. The 18th NT tick is well worth going for it if you can obtain it easily. Once I obtained it I saw a significant DPS boost, as well did many others.

    As far as talents go, PoM is abysmal for frost and BS and Ice Floes are switched out on a fight per fight basis. Even then, I've found BSto be far more useful. We won't be casting FFB without a BF proc, at that point it's an instant cast. Maybe IOU meant Frostbolt instead. But the 1 min CD really isn't worth taking if you can get more mobility out of the other 2 talents on a more frequent basis.
    Havn't played frost ever apart from when I wanted to do challenge modes & that was for 1-2 weeks only, I thought FFB was the hard hitter compared to frostbolt but with longer base cast? I guess not But yea anyways as you say NT ticks are probably pretty good it's just a matter of how much is worth sacrificing. On the other hand I know alot of people go straight out haste when they have LMG + 2 RPPM trinkets so you could try that out aswell.

    About BSpeed part, well if PoM is useless I would still see Floes->Speed beacuse we allread have blink and what frost mages lack are being able to move & cast so unless you have saved up 2x lance + FFB you will not be doing any damage while moving. Floes is pretty short cd and most fights don't require alot of heavy movement so it's often ready for when needed. Ofcourse this is all just theoretical beacuse I havn't tried it myself

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotstreaklol View Post
    Mah Purty Mage <3 <3 <3!!

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tstreak/simple

    Fire away...
    Looks all good to me! I'm jealous of your H Meg neck that we haven't even seen since we started killing it on Heroic weeks ago. Oh well, we'll see what happens tonight!

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lcopter/simple
    (N.B.: Ice Barrier is because dailies before logging off)
    Last edited by awildpidgeyappears; 2013-05-22 at 06:07 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by awildpidgeyappears View Post
    Looks all good to me! I'm jealous of your H Meg neck that we haven't even seen since we started killing it on Heroic weeks ago. Oh well, we'll see what happens tonight!

    [
    (N.B.: Ice Barrier is because dailies before logging off)
    Wow, you actually got H TF crit roll bracers and the boots? I don't think we've so much as seen either one, the boots maybe once, but not even a single pair of bracers crit roll or not. Btw, you're like 100 haste off an extra combustion tick! Nice crit rating, i'm jealous.

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •