Thread: rags to riches

rags to riches

hey guys. I have been in WoW since early stages of BC and I was making good gold in BC, then got more into the game and not making money. Now I'm bored in MoP and wanna make some bank. Not talking big numbers, just enough to be comfortable lol maybe 100-200k. I'm starting out with about 5k in bank atm. I have these profs at top lvl...mining, JC, Herb, Skinning, Tailor, Inscription. And just curious on the best route to go with the profs, to maybe go from rags (my 5k lol) to where I wanna be? JC shuffling. mat selling??? thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Over what period?
    How much are effort are you willing to put in? Hours per week.

You have all the cuts?
    Any MOP epic patterns from raiding?

no epic patterns, just been focusing pvp for the most part...mostly all JC cuts minus 2 Primal cuts, but they're useless patterns that no one uses mostly lol. And as far as time maybe 2-3hrs a night, plus 5-6 on weekends. And effort, I don't mind a lot of effort, I'm just now sure where to get started...Like mining a crap load of ores, and getting gems? or selling Ghost Iron Bars (about 140-150g a stack now on my server) or going with the herbs...

..And I know someone will say Darkmoon cards, but only the intel one sell good on my server and that's like 11k and they don't sell fast at all.

So really, just kinda looking at where to get started

Deleted
    Which server is it?
    Am assuming its horde side? I would be aiming for that amount in 1-3 weeks.
    Dont forget to use your farm.

You can shuffle your way there quite easily imo.

All you need to do is make sure what you sell is what people want and then you are the cheapest.
    Maximise profit by making sure your costs are as low and profits as high as possible.
    Reinvest money and create more auctions. Rinse and repeat really.

At 70g a stack then id be quite happy to farm ore when i was bored.

yeah its Horde- WRA, was thinking about making a big batch of [rimal diamonds with my alch, then cutting them with my JC and selling, but wasn't sure if that was the easiest/safest route to go. But yeah when I'm bored I usually fly around mining ore and stuff. I can get usually without trying 5-10 stacks in a short time

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    yeah its Horde- WRA, was thinking about making a big batch of [rimal diamonds with my alch, then cutting them with my JC and selling, but wasn't sure if that was the easiest/safest route to go. But yeah when I'm bored I usually fly around mining ore and stuff. I can get usually without trying 5-10 stacks in a short time
    From my experience Primal Diamonds are a waste of time. The fact they take the best selling gems to make is what turns me off from it. Both Wild Jades and Vermillion Onyx sold for 150-250g a cut on my server (high pop/horde), and a Primals sold for 300.

There is actually a really good guide on here about a guy hitting his first gold cap doing ore shuffle. I'd suggest looking into it and getting the TradeSkillMaster(TSM) set of addons to help you out. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Ghost-Iron-Ore here was the tread.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2013-05-21 at 08:19 PM.

see last I looked (yesterday) WJ and VO were about 30-45g with maybe 1 or 2 cuts braking 100g while Aust and burning primals were selling 500-600g each

see last I looked (yesterday) WJ and VO were about 30-45g with maybe 1 or 2 cuts braking 100g while Aust and burning primals were selling 500-600g each
    Prices will vary depending on the server and its population, that was just my experience. I would watch the market for a bit before you heavily commit though. Prices are different depending on the days. Good cut gems sell for more after reset and leading up to the weekend, where they will normally dip down until the next reset. Likewise, ore is usually more expensive during the week and cheaper to pick up on the weekend (or late at night around 2-4am when you can get botters offloading their ore). Really, it depends on the server.

Also, are those cut or uncut? I know for me some cuts for onyx sold for 3-4g (obviously I would never cut them) and others for around 70g while some sat around 150+. It depends on how useful the cut is and all that.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2013-05-21 at 09:00 PM.

the UNCUT WJ and VO usually stay around 40-50g each, and maybe 1 or 2 good cuts will stay above 100g but most are between 10-50g each. But im thinking with theh pvp power/res nerf, maybe these gems will go up a little? with people gemming more main stats? And I really appreciate the help guys, as u can tell I've never made a profession of gold making lol, and still learning how to read/run the AH.But ya gotta start somewhere lol

Deleted
    I was asking which server but doesnt matter now. Things are always server dependent, so primal diamonds could be profitable.
    When you say fly around and get 5-10 stacks, that isnt going to get you anywhere. You should be on about 40-50 stacks an hour.
    Whatredriot says anout when to buy etc is correct. As well as supply you also need to look at demand and get an idea of the level of competition. Btw at thos prices above the primals are viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could go into bag market also: For one Netherweave bag you need one stack of netherweave. I usually sell these very fast and the profit is around 10 to 20g for couple seconds worth of effort.Also not including Embersilk bags since you are somewhat low on gold. Try them once you get good amount of gold. You also need to be doing daily CD's. I would tell you JC shuffle but people already said it here. Be careful with price of ore that you are buying since there are no more under 40g per stack since it seems vast majority of bots has been banned.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Deleted
    Just be in all profitable markets that you can identify, More itens that people want at the right price= more sales= more profit.

man i freaking logged on when i got home and the AH is usually full of 5+ pages of ghost iron ore...there's 4 auctions with ghost iron ore on right now...is there a crazy demand now that the patch hit?...

And yeah priest I never thought of going the bag route, i have a lot of cloth saved from alts i have lvld...thanks for the idea

Just an update. Wanted to thank u gusy for the help, and the guy with the JC shuffling post on here lol I know its only been 2 days, lol but bought about 150-200 stacks of ghost iron ore (20-30g a pop) and prospected them all, ended up making around 25ish primals with my alch after that, sold them ALL or no less than 400g, so 10k, in 2 days lol...I know its small scale compared to most, but hey its a start right? lol Only go bigger from here, just putting my foot in

hey guys. I have been in WoW since early stages of BC and I was making good gold in BC, then got more into the game and not making money. Now I'm bored in MoP and wanna make some bank. Not talking big numbers, just enough to be comfortable lol maybe 100-200k. I'm starting out with about 5k in bank atm. I have these profs at top lvl...mining, JC, Herb, Skinning, Tailor, Inscription. And just curious on the best route to go with the profs, to maybe go from rags (my 5k lol) to where I wanna be? JC shuffling. mat selling??? thanks in advance.
    Well like its said, "You gotta spend money to make money". No different in the game as well. I see you have the gathering professions covered which is a good thing.

Well there are different ways on making gold. You can start by flipping items on the AH i.e buy low and selling high or simply maximising your professions.

The quickest and surest way to make gold at a decent pace is by using the "trinity" professions - JC , Enchanting and Alchemy. Basically the ore shuffle.

What I recommend is to invest the 5K into levelling Alchemy. You shouldn't really need any gold to level it since you already have Alchemy. However, if you do see prices on the herbs that you require to be really cheap then buy them out. For example, I'll often see Peacebloom, Silverleaf and the early level Herbs for 2-3G/stack. Buy them out. You should get to around level 110+ in Alchemy. Farm the remaining herbs.

Another thing is to level Enchanting.

Then simply farm enough Ghost Iron ore and get in on the Shuffle. You can on the side work on Darkmoon cardds. I wouldn't bother with Skinning.