10+ Year Old Account

Deck Building! Link and Critique thread!

Figured I'd throw one of these up so we can start theorizing about good builds. Can test them out in the deck tester program as we inch closer to the Hearthstone Beta!

My current favorite deck

http://db.arcanedust.com/?deck=CwOFh

Simple deck really. Exploit the power of Knife Juggler with Shaman Hero power and multiple summon cards like Abusive Sergeant and Feral Spirit. Those weak minions will get scary when you throw down a Bloodlust! Has limited removal with Forked Lightning and Lightning Bolt. Has some acceleration with Cult Master and a Nat Pagle. A Big Game Hunter provides some protection in the late game and Dust Devil and Mana Addicts give the deck some potential cheap threats with the requisite drawbacks. Doesn't perform well in the late game but can still pull out a victory with a late lust.

And a Aggro hunter deck

http://db.arcanedust.com/?deck=u4LEU

The main emphasis of this deck is to use Scavenging hyena to its fullest. Starving Buzzards provide GREAT acceleration (especially combined with a Snake Trap proc which you can force with a Taunt Mob). Some spells for pressure but not many. Explosive Trap is a good surprise for any ambitious attackers and a great value for only 2 crystals. Obligatory Knife Juggler for early removal and late poking. Multi-Shot for more effective (but still random) removal. Unleash the Hounds makes a great late game play with a bunch of beasts on one turn and also allows you to abuse King Mukla without giving your opponent a chance to spend the bananas.

Thoughts? Post your own!

the hunter deck you built, it looks awesome. I can see your strategy and I really got excited I have a question about Dire Wolf Alpha, when it says "adjecent", can you move around your cards on field or is it random? If you can decide where to put that card on field, it is pretty good. DAMN THAT DECK HAS LOTS OF COMBOS AND POSSIBILITIES!

Do not have time to play around that site, but once i go home i will probably make billions of decks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    I have a question about Dire Wolf Alpha, when it says "adjecent", can you move around your cards on field or is it random? If you can decide where to put that card on field, it is pretty good.
    When you play a new minion you get to decide where it drops down, so you can place it between 2 minions on your side of the board of your choice, you cannot however move minions already in play.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    When you play a new minion you get to decide where it drops down, so you can place it between 2 minions on your side of the board of your choice, you cannot however move minions already in play.
    Placement will be one of the little touches which adds that extra bit of strat to the game I think (How the devs talk about how it's simple to dive in, but has depth too it as well) due to cards like the Wolf, and other cards which destroy adjacent cards. Putting big cards like legendaries on the sides might become the norm, just in case they have those kind of aoe cards in the enemy deck. (Minimize loss)

I like making "if it works, it will destroy your life" decks, so i made this: http://db.arcanedust.com/?deck=ZZX6m

The key is getting out one of the Giants with 10/10. Ancestral Spirit, Ancient Brewmaster and Youthful Brewmaster are in the deck to make sure that my giants will be in game no matter what. I actually like Ancient Brewmaster because his ability is Battlecry. For example, if one of my giants are in bad shape, i can re-play my big fat giant. I also used cheap minions to support my giants. I will probably have enough minions to swarm the enemy and keep them occupied while my giants pewpew the crap out of the rest.

But again, this deck needs more luck than skill. I'm dying to test this out. With enough luck I can destroy enemy hero in few turns (windfury on 10/10 giant, seriously?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Changed the thread title as it was just advertising one site when there are several good deckbuilder sites around. Use your own favourite, I would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I built a Shaman deck based around getting out some of the bigger giants and then keeping them out there. As such there are quite a lot of "Draw more cards" and "Gain life" to make sure you don't die before getting to that point. I've got a few totems in there as well because knowing the Shaman ability there will be quite a lot of totems on the field at any given time.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder...1;676:1;679:1;

Sorry it's so long XD
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Ragnarocket, we seem to have something in common with the love of giants

I'm trying to make a pirate deck but there are only 3 pirates, one being a parrot ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to make a pirate deck but there are only 3 pirates, one being a parrot ?
    Did you take Captain Greenskin into account? He's a pirate too. Hearthpwn db has 6 pirates in it from what I can tell. Not as many as the Murlocs, but still reasonable if you want a flavour deck I think.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Did you take Captain Greenskin into account? He's a pirate too. Hearthpwn db has 6 pirates in it from what I can tell. Not as many as the Murlocs, but still reasonable if you want a flavour deck I think.
    Having troubles with heartpwn at the moment. I fail to search a card when I'm making a deck, i have no idea why.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder...1;676:1;679:1;

Trying for an early pressure --- late mid clean up. Some nifty combinations allow far "burst" early on. I may have added in too many expensive cards.

on a side note; if you rez cairne via ancestral spirit, will the effect still trigger?
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-05-28 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    on a side note; if you rez cairne via ancestral spirit, will the effect still trigger?
    Euh, the logical process would be that it dies and the deathrattle effect takes place (summoning Baine), and then Ancestral Spirit kicks in and rezzes the card, allowing you to again get Cairne, and again Baine when he dies (again). But since that sounds completely OP it might not actually play out that way.

Deleted
    Trying to built a murloc deck with a priest.

The Idea behind it: Murlocs are cheap and you can spam them early. If you get couple of the right ones they are hard to kill especially when they buff themselfes up in a combo. Buff them with the priest to get more Offensive and defensive. And heal them up if dmged.

BRGHWRGHL Horde!

Maybe a Gruul would fit into this pretty well to for the end.

The Goal: Kill your enemy before he can get the expensive "Kill everything" cards

why dont you try with paladin? free minions every turn also. you can buff some of the already buffed murlocs too.

Deleted
    why dont you try with paladin? free minions every turn also. you can buff some of the already buffed murlocs too.
    Mhm. Good point. I appriciate it.

paladin ARRRRGHHHLLLWARGHLL Combo!

Prepair to get cleansed murloc style!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the Priest deck I have been tweaking here and there during my BG queue times. The idea is fairly simple, abusing spellpower and "when you cast a spell" from minions and hopefully enough draw cards to set it up ASAP. I know this would probably work better on maybe the mage (never bothered to check) but I wanted priest. So, thoughts? and any ideas on how to improve it further?