Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ever since my first tanking toon I've said at the start of a run - you pull it you tank it. I tank as fast as my gear or my healers gear allows. If I don't know the healer I'll take it slow to gauge how capable/geared they are. But if I see a dps pull something (on purpose) then generally I'll leave them to tank it - there are always exceptions to the rule, sometimes they can pull an incoming pat - but usually if they're smart enough to do that, they're also smart enough to then run to me so I can pick it up easily.

I've generally always tanked on a paladin, so I've always been able to keep threat on large groups - so big pulls then come down to can I survive the damage or not - which comes down to my gear and the healer. I like to push myself, so I'll pull as many as I feel I can safely manage - if a retarded dps thinks I can handle more, they can go fuck themselves and die =p

I'm surprisingly not too fussed about pet taunts, if it happens I'll politely ask them to turn it off, and often they will, if they don't then i'll get annoyed and probably become rude towards them until they stop it - as there is only so many times I'll politely ask before then assuming they've leaving it on to annoy me =p

and lastly (I could probably think of more, but I've not tanked in ages so its not really fresh complaints) is people who don't know how LoS pulls work, I always say if I'm going to do a LoS pull, so I throw my avengers shield at the casters and then run behind something so that they'll all come to me nicely to be aoe tanked. but then some retarded ranged dps will go hell for leather and I'll end up with 3 or 4 mobs all in different places while I run between them all trying to keep agro (usually all 3 dps are attacking 3 different targets at this point >__<)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Hunters/Locks who won't turn off taunt or use non-tanking pets. I no longer taunt and I allow the boss to kill the pet.
    Couldn't agree more, i just let their pet die

I kinda don't understand all this hatred. When I'm tanking and the dungeon goes 'ideally' we're through it before people noticed we've started. Fast and smooth is what I am for. If I have dps pulling things, pets taunt, w/e.. I just taunt back, reposition them and continue.

At the end of the day I don't need any of those people in the dungeon with me, they're just there to make it go faster. If they do stupid things all the time, I just slow down and do it 'solo-style'. Takes a bit longer, but its LFD and not every player you'll meet in there has the same standards as I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    I kinda don't understand all this hatred. When I'm tanking and the dungeon goes 'ideally' we're through it before people noticed we've started. Fast and smooth is what I am for. If I have dps pulling things, pets taunt, w/e.. I just taunt back, reposition them and continue.

At the end of the day I don't need any of those people in the dungeon with me, they're just there to make it go faster. If they do stupid things all the time, I just slow down and do it 'solo-style'. Takes a bit longer, but its LFD and not every player you'll meet in there has the same standards as I do.
    Amen. I have no idea when the change over happened to make all these tanks so sensitive.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

as a tank id say you are a pussy - join the instance and steam roll it. someone pulls? big deal just taunt and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit that I was that player that kept saying "go" and would MD the tanks... but instead of constantly harrasing groups to go quicker, I decided to create a tank and create my own tempo. I'd end up mass pulling and finding the fastest pace the group could keep.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado shanks View Post
    I love tanking first and foremost; however, some things annoy me.

1. When I'm tanking a heroic and someone simply says "go". I'm definitely being hypersensitive about this one, but there's just something really condescending about it for some reason.

2. DPS that facepull (I generally let them tank whatever they pulled)

Would love to hear what pisses other tanks off.
    I say go to alot of tanks. I tanked for almost 6 years and nothing pisses me off more is a slow tank. Even more when i am healing a slow tank makes it boring. I also tricks to slow tanks all the time. You would hate me . Most heroics i could tank as a rogue anyway they are so easy.
    Aye mate

Nothing really pisses me off when I tank. Dps pull I let them die. Pets taunt I just let them tank and move on. My monk does 100k+ dps and I usually blow through lfrs without taking damage. The only thing that comes close to upsetting me is when other tanks feel the need to always have aggro of the boss. Like when I have 150% threat on a boss but they keep taunting off. At that point I just let them eat the taunt mechanic, die and laugh. Most non regular tot geared tanks cant survive lfr taunt mechanics

Jk about the dps thing. Dps pulling usually lets me be even lazier. I just press spinning lol kick and get aggro of like fifteen more mobs

10+ Year Old Account
    If the game would let me queue tank/heal/DPS I would. If my group is slow, I proceed to solo it. Never been kicked because I never leave combat. I'm a priest. 5mans are undertuned, yo. They should put the VP reward on heroic dungeons you walk/fly into so I can just go alone when I feel like it. Wish scenarios had a solo option too.

Deleted
    As a healer I let the tank decide the pase. I assume he goes at a speed he's comfortable with. I also assume he will keep an eye on how I'm doing and wait if he thinks I need it, if he doesn't it usually over soon enough (but I hate losing people on my watch especially tanks). Assumtions, the mother of all fuck ups I know One more though, I assume tanks can communicate and will tell DPS that pulls he doesn't want it if it bothers him. Then again, communication in a dungeon is rare these days.

If a tank never goes below 90% I might encourage him to pull more, but if he doesn't want to I don't really care. It's not like dungeons take long, even at 1 pack a pull. DPS pulling annoys the crap out of me though, I usually 'forget' to heal them untill it's (nearly) too late. too bad that especially low level dungeons are such a joke nowadays they can usually manage trash with selfhealing and such :/
    Seriously why low level dungeons even have the standard 1 tank 1 healer requirement is completely beyond me (either one or the other will do) thats how terrible they are... but that's a completely different subject.

Deleted
    - Hunters who refuse to turn off growl. I swear, they can't be that bad, they must be doing it to simply annoy tanks...

- When the other tank in LFR feels it would be a good idea to solo tank it by spamming taunt so he builds up enough stacks to be one shotted. Although admittedly, that is also hilarious to watch...

- When DPS finds it to be a good idea to pull mobs for you. When it comes to dungeons, I'm usually very fast and never have an issue. However there are times when I notice that the healer needs mana so I wait for him/her to drink/reg it up again since we can't really pull unless he/she can heal, then there are these lovely people, who think it would be a great idea to commit suicide by pulling.

- People who tell me to go, if I wait for something it is for a good reason, such as waiting for the Healer to regain mana. Telling me to go faster is only going to make me want to go slower.

The whole Hunter taunt thing is a little less relevant now that Hunters can solo current Heroics easily in even last tiers gear imo. I've had completely awful tanks to the point where I just took control instead. It works both ways until the content isn't so easy that pets can tank it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling another paladin, this time as prot, and it's my first real time being a tank. (I've only offtanked trash in raids before)

My tank is on an RP server, and most people I get in LFD seems to be from RP servers too, and everyone so far has been extremely nice, up until I hit wotlk dungeons. This is where people stop being able to say "hi" when they enter But to my complaints:

DPS that pull as soon as they get into the dungeon, not waiting for everyone to zone in and buff up. I have quite decent internet so I've always managed to save the situation, but it really bugs me that people can't wait a couple of *seconds*. I don't mind much when dps pulls more mobs on purpose when I have a pack on me, that means I can stay face-to-face with mobs so I can still parry/block while more are coming.

What I do mind is DPS that just because they wear plate think they can tank and pulls all the time, even though I'm trying my best to chain-pull. People need to observe the healer's position and mana bar before going all ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuush. I was in a dungeon the other day where I had 2 dps with me that were incredibly annoying. One decided that since he was guardian specced, he should just stay in bear form and try to taunt mobs I already had on me, and the other kept pulling mobs when the healer was so far away he didn't even show up on the minimap (drinking).

Also, if I pull a couple of mobs with avenger's shield and keep running to get more, people shouldn't go all out on the first mobs when I have my back to them trying to get more. Wait until I have all the mobs on me before dealing damage!

PS: These complaints and experiences are all from level 70-75, with me not being the best of the best tanks. PPS: Damn all you heirloom geared people at lower levels, overaggroing after each taunt. >_<
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Had a "funny" Tank in my LFR group yesterday. We were doing Ji-Kun and the other Tank started the fight. At 3 stacks I taunted the Boss off of him and started to build threat only to see the other Tank taunting back. The same went by as he reached 4 stacks and 5 stacks after which he died when Ji-Kun applied the 6th stack.
    Instead of seeing his own fault he starts to flame how, as the idiot I am, retarded I were because I didnt taunt the boss off of him when his stacks were too high. After trying to explain the situation to him it got even worse...he was asking if I was calling him a liar and stuff. Even after stating facts he wasn't acting normal.

I mean, if I do 700k TPS after opening with a Heavy Repercussion Shield Slam and 2-3 Revenges coupled with my offensive cooldowns and the other Tank still gets the aggro back I don't think it was because of him following his normal rotation amplified by Vengeance, since he was another Warrior.

Deleted
    when im tanking ( im always tanking) and ppl pull they tank him itself 9/10 my brother is with me ( a healer) so they die rather fast
    let the freaking tank pull i pull most hc's in 3 pulls so why nag or wanne be "faster"

Deleted
    The issue I have with "gogogogogogo!" is this:
    Have it ever helped? If the tank is any good, he probably have a reason for stopping. If he's a baddie, or an inconciderate prick who is busy watching youtube, have it ever caused him to move faster?

All "gogo" manages to do is annoy good and reasonable tanks, while the pricks just don't give a shit.

Also, sometimes I do get people saying "gooooo!" or "pull more!" even when I am chain pulling. When it comes to that, again it wont help, and I just end up ignoring you instead.

Ninja pulling is mostly a non issue to me. You yank it you tank it, unless I happen to pull it back. I just don't care.

Pets/other players that taunt off me is my only real pet peeve when tanking, rarely anyone "go"'s me though i'm sure that would get under my skin as well.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I'm honestly not that concerned with 2) when I'm on my tank. If they can handle what they pull, fine by me. If they can't, their fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado shanks View Post
    I love tanking first and foremost; however, some things annoy me.

1. DPS starting to DPS when I am making a big pull before I have finished with the pull, and I end up having to taunt from all the dumb ass DPS that does not know nuke once the tank has finished his pull

2. Tanking LFR......