Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Best alliance race for warlock?

Our guild will soon emigrate to alliance and i just wonder wish race i should go with for PVE?

Numbers will tell you to go Worgen, +1% crit and Darkflight movement speed racials.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Worgen will provide the highest DPS regardless of spec.

Deleted
    Deppends.. Sure Worgen have 1% crit, and it seems like a nice choise.
    However;
    Humans have 1% hit if You have a sword
    Gnomes have 1% hit if You have a dagger

Crit is the worst stat, and you need the hit-cap.

Sure, there aren't alot of good daggers with a good OH or even a Sword in the new raid for us. If you raid normal/hc - I would take Gnome, to be able to get 1% hit from the Animus encounter. Just because crit suck balls.(!) And from my PoV - Worgens are kinda uggly.
    Else you can choose Human, hope that there will be a nice Sword before the legendary weps are avalible. (You also have the human racial, which is really good.)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Depends on your spec I think, since crit isn't of great value to some specs of lock, 1% crit doesn't sound so hot.
    I know....I'm probably wrong, but I just don't see the virtues of 1% crit on my demo lock, so I went gnome for the extra int.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Gnomes give extra mana, not int.
    Also, the bis-modules are using the staff from Twin Consorts to get away from the crit that you otherwise cannot avoid from your off-hand and as such, worgens passive 1% crit will be best. You should factor in Darkflight too, it is a free substitute to Burning Rush that won't cost you any health.

I thought Worgen looks like sh*t and went Human but theoretically, Worgen will sim out the highest. Now, let us all go Horde/Troll and enjoy our happy fun times!
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Gnomes dude... those lil fellows are just awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Crit is the worst stat, and you need the hit-cap.
    Keep in mind that 1% Crit is 600 Crit rating, while 1% Hit is 340 Hit rating. In addition, a lot of us can't reforge out of enough Hit at the moment, so really it's not close at all.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Keep in mind that 1% Crit is 600 Crit rating, while 1% Hit is 340 Hit rating. In addition, a lot of us can't reforge out of enough Hit at the moment, so really it's not close at all.
    exactly. 1% crit is probably the best racial you can get.
    that's 1% total, it's arguably better than 1% haste, mastery, or hit from the rating alone.

Worgen still beats out other ally races. The hit racial restricts weapons to suboptimal ones (this tier) and at most its worth what...334 or w/e of a secondary stat value? 1% crit is the same stat value gain but always benefits you....even if crit is 2/3 or so of the value of haste/mast. Darkflight is the game changer though since mobility can frequently be far more valuable in practice than a spreadsheet can quantify.

I'm currently Gnome and Worgen sims out to be about 400 DPS increase as Affliction everytime. Thats all. 180,000 total damage over a 450 second fight.

It's a shame they changed the Gnome racial benefit when Horde has noticeable DPS increasers.

I would also not undervalue Every Man's PVE usage. Believe me it has saved my life or helped me ignore game mechanics on many fights. Amber traps on Windlord and Arrows on Spirit Kings are just a few things I can remember off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Smok35orce View Post
    I would also not undervalue Every Man's PVE usage. Believe me it has saved my life or helped me ignore game mechanics on many fights. Amber traps on Windlord and Arrows on Spirit Kings are just a few things I can remember off the top of my head.
    Agreed, I'll take a 400dps hit if it means I can survive longer or give my healers less to do.

The DPS increases are so infinitesimally small in comparison that it is irrelevant. Alliance racials in terms of PvE are all about QoL improvements.

Deleted
    Anything but human, they are boring and not so emo. Being emo is the core for a good lock. Gnomes can have emo haitcut and worgens are dark werewolves. I am worgen, the speed racial is nice, and the demon hunter glyph makes you look badass especially if you go into the worgen running mount form.

Deleted
    Tempted to go Dwarf..

Edit: Oh god now I'm thinking Gnome...
    Last edited by mmoc7cd818af09; 2013-10-28 at 05:38 PM.

Gnomes because...yeah gnomes thats all the reason you need.

Even if the 1% expertise with swords is overkill, the rep bonus and human racial FTW.

10+ Year Old Account
    dwarf because the only thing you would not be able to dispel yourself is a curse.

For PVE, how often are you dispelling yourself?