Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    My mom is an online teacher so she is pretty good with computers and stuff. My step dad used to play diablo 2 a lot and was probably better than i was lol. Only game he plays now is civilization.

Both of my parents are fairly old fashioned in some ways. My Dad is actually brilliant when it comes to micro processors and in general the engineering aspects of technology, but when it comes to using smartphones and computers he has zero patience for learning them, and therefore does not really use them. My Mom uses this stuff even less, although she does have more patience. My entire family just swapped over to using smart phones and that was a really fun weekend for me to visit them O_O. It seems like lately they have made a push to try to get more up on technology, I built them a HTPC about two years ago which they have just started using to watch Mad Men on their TV, and they have both been trying to get into using skype. So who knows, maybe they will become more tech savy with time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Well, that explains a lot.
    Explains a lot about what?

Mine are very old fashioned, especially my mom. They don't grasp or have interest in modern technology, and only listen to old music. They also still think it's realistic to not sleep with anyone until marriage, and think life should be entirely lived by religious values. I take some of those values to heart too I suppose, but it's because I think they're good and make sense, not because I'm told to. My mom actually cooks and does house wife things too, unlike younger women I've met, and often does those chores in outdated ways as well. So yeah, they're definitely old fashioned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    As you can tell, he is a dictionary definition of "if it aint broke, dont fix it"
    These modern "Technophiles" could stand to learn from that man.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

My mother has finally given up on convincing me to use e-mail.
    I do use e-mail, of course. For work. Sending large texts and such digitally, all in the name of paperless office and convenience. However, if people want to chat up, they have my phone number(s). I will not be persuaded to keep checking in on my in-box every ten minutes, thank you very much. If you've got a document sent my way, just let me know and I'll be on it immediately.

My mother checks hers every day. She's retired, however (thank heavens), so she's not checking it hourly. My father doesn't use a smart phone, but he does work on his computer, uses the internet for research... Basically everything I do with technology (apart from gaming) albeit more slowly.

Deleted
    My mother is quite up to today's technology. While she isn't good with the computer, she does try to understand some things. It is understandable that she has problems, she's almost 63 after all and computers have only really penetrated the market in my country for what, 15 years the most?

My father... he doesn't care about me, so I don't know about him and don't care.

Deleted
    I think I'm more old fashioned than my parents are. They are very much into tablets and smartphones and I detest both. Yet for some reason my mum often asks me to help her with her phone. I know nothing.